Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Caliden wrote: »
    13 minutes response time. Not bad although if the lads on the mopeds were smart they wouldn't be hanging around that long.

If they were smart they would've worn helmets and not balaclava's, although something tells me these lads weren't the brightest...

Caliden wrote: »
    13 minutes response time. Not bad although if the lads on the mopeds were smart they wouldn't be hanging around that long.

They were looking for their next target, but they're so dumb, they've attracted much attention.
    I suspect that's why there was a delay on the 999 call as many other callers were reporting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

inforfun wrote: »
    At 1:40 or there abouts... "Keep your windows open(?) you dont want them to throw acid at you"

<insert political rant>

"keep your windows up" I believe he said

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They were looking for their next target, but they're so dumb, they've attracted much attention.
    I suspect that's why there was a delay on the 999 call as many other callers were reporting the same.

They are under siege over there. There are so many calling 999 for the littlest of things they even ask to ring other numbers etc.

Moped crime is huge and they are about time now starting to crack down on it.

They even have new motocycle teams on scrambler style bikes to catch them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

GreeBo wrote: »
    "keep your windows up" I believe he said

Would make a lot more sense but i think i hear "open"
    Doesnt really matter, we know what he meant.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Many many times.

Any time i ever see an impressive garda response, it's due to travellers.

Otherwise I rarely ever see more than a single Garda car with two occupants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They even have new motocycle teams on scrambler style bikes to catch them.

They've had such teams for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Always expect the unexpected!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This'll stir up some controversy. I feel there's nothing particularly wrong with this overtake, plenty of visibility, lots of notice, space to move over to avoid him etc.

But if I know this thread, the way I think I know it... :p

Both truck drivers are idiots, one is on hard shoulder going by houses and in doing so encouraging the other one to over take.
    I blame the guy in Nolan truck for driving on hard shoulder and egging other truck to overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

chewed wrote: »

Deserved it, he could have stopped he was purely trying to get ahead, same goes for white car just ahead doing same thing, van driver indicated, he was just being impatient.
    White car ahead actually caused it, and will hop off scot free and everyone else will pick up the pieces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Recorded in Cumbria yesterday..........
    SAS heli, btw

https://www.facebook.com/brian.weatherall.7/videos/10156472130493490/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nforce wrote: »
    SAS heli, btw

Is the genius in front of cam car driving without lights in that weather?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nforce wrote: »
    SAS heli, btw

That must have been absolute nightmare fuel for the pilot. Fook me it must be terrifying to approach a landing site in mountainous terrain with 0 visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

That must have been absolute nightmare fuel for the pilot. Fook me it must be terrifying to approach a landing site in mountainous terrain with 0 visibility.

Maybe they were lost, and following the road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Deserved it, he could have stopped he was purely trying to get ahead, same goes for white car just ahead doing same thing, van driver indicated, he was just being impatient.
    White car ahead actually caused it, and will hop off scot free and everyone else will pick up the pieces

Van driver doesn't indicate. They were his brake lights flashing due to ABS, I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

SAS lads get boners imagining that sort of scenario :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Those guys are pros, so par for the course. Apparently they weren't landing either, just literally following the road until skies cleared ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Any time i ever see an impressive garda response, it's due to travellers.

Otherwise I rarely ever see more than a single Garda car with two occupants.

Someone trying to break into my house (not so long ago) - on to 999 and 2/3 mins later was 3 squad cars and on their feet swarming the area

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Watched that several times and no idea what you are trying to reason there
    Everyone driving up everyone elses arse and then cant brake in time and one guy swerves over to avoid a crash

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GreeBo wrote: »
    Is the genius in front of cam car driving without lights in that weather?
    Nope. And I don't think the cammer was either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Always put the phone down. He really wasn't looking where he was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Got a 70mai camera recently and am very pleased with it. Put together a couple of examples of bad driving over it's first month in action.

Quality is a good bit lower than original due to the app I used to edit it.

https://youtu.be/3vK4ae5eSYA

[YOU TUBE]SGSsliVTxSQ[/YOU TUBE]
    Classic motorway driving, after many miles of boring same-o same-o traffic, most motorists go into "drone mode".
    Looks like a left lane slowdown at the approach to a junction with one driver easing off, the following drivers reacting late and braking much harder than needed causing the following vehicles to do an emergency stop and the ones behind to take evasive action.

This is one area where some automatic system where cars communicate with each other would prevent crashes, your dashboard alerts you to the fact that traffic is slowing down ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

we haven't introduced left on red as far as i know

site_owner wrote: »
    we haven't introduced left on red as far as i know

Looking at that video, why shouldn't we?
    There was no risk to anyone at the junction, the driver broke the law, but in reality, at many junctions, it's a stupid law.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

There was no risk to anyone at the junction, the driver broke the law, but in reality, at many junctions, it's a stupid law.

100% agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I agree to a point but I think it's worries for pedestrians that stops it happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Agreed. There is a junction near where I live where traffic is stopped and there is a green filter for those turning right, yet no green filter for those turning left into that road despite there being no chance of oncoming traffic. Stupid really.

Isambard wrote: »
    I agree to a point but I think it's worries for pedestrians that stops it happening here.
    It's no different to stopping at a give way sign, you are no a minor road entering a major road, pedestrians (unless there is a crossing as part of the lights) will have a lower priority.

The best option would be to use flashing Amber lights that come on when the pedestrian crossing to the left is red. Lights that dont have pedestrian crossing would not need the flashing Amber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

If they were smart they would've worn helmets and not balaclava's, although something tells me these lads weren't the brightest...

Until recently the police were restricted from knocking them off scooters without a helmet. So the gangs knew if they don't wear helmets the cop car can't barge them. New rules now though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement