Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Streamable rip of this for non FB users - https://streamable.com/phnv2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-45006657

Driver is sacked after splashing pedestrians, the video was posted here a few days ago

I'm not sure why the police had to get involved. I can't imagine there is any law abut such carry on... or is there?

I love the attitude of the company though, just sack him. Can you imagine if that happened here, the employee would be rubbing their hands with glee at the impending unfair dismissals claim they would be about to receive!

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm not sure why the police had to get involved. I can't imagine there is any law abut such carry on... or is there?

I love the attitude of the company though, just sack him. Can you imagine if that happened here, the employee would be rubbing their hands with glee at the impending unfair dismissals claim they would be about to receive!

Here if proven to be a deliberate act, you could face a charge of driving without reasonable consideration to other road users, under section 51a of the Road Traffic Act (RTA). I think that's 2 penalty points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Here if proven to be a deliberate act, you could face a charge of driving without reasonable consideration to other road users, under section 51a of the Road Traffic Act (RTA). I think that's 2 penalty points

there was a case brought against someone in England after a video(from inside the car) went viral of them aiming for a puddle to splash ppl at a bus stop.

Found the vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuIBj0R2ui4

ganmo wrote: »
    there was a case brought against someone in England after a video(from inside the car) went viral of them aiming for a puddle to splash ppl at a bus stop.

Article of splashing of Mum and kids

Mirror Article about splashing

Ya in the UK you can get a 5000 pound fine, but generally get 100 pound fine a 3 points

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Streamable rip of this for non FB users - https://streamable.com/phnv2

Thanks Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If they follow the correct procedure, there would be no unfair dismissal claim.

Most likely breaking a rule like "behaving in a manor that reflects poorly on the company" or "acting in a manor that does not reflect the companies interests" something legally and openended like that would give them wiggle room

trust me, I've seen enough of them. there is always a claim (depending on the individual concerned) even if the correct procedure has been followed.

and unless the fella had a long line of marks against his name, in this country it would be very hard to sack him just for this and to expect any claim not to be upheld in some regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Check this knob jockey out. https://youtu.be/-8QU5cc4J38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

trust me, I've seen enough of them. there is always a claim (depending on the individual concerned) even if the correct procedure has been followed.

and unless the fella had a long line of marks against his name, in this country it would be very hard to sack him just for this and to expect any claim not to be upheld in some regard.

https://employmentrightsireland.com/how-to-legally-dismiss-an-employee/

"Gross misconduct justifies summary dismissal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Heading for town a back way. Approaching a reasonably busy junction, indicate right well before junction and while I'm turning right I'm overtaken IN the junction ��

80kph limit on the road when I catch up for the reg.

Down then into estateland and he overtakes into oncoming traffic (watch for the flash, pity they weren't blue lights).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Check this knob jockey out. https://youtu.be/-8QU5cc4J38

You got the reg lovely there..

I really dont like brake testing people but the entire 2nd clip i was hoping it would happen.... What a grade A ****

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Lol, I thought the video was broken for ages as nothing was happening...then I nearly shat myself!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Lol, I thought the video was broken for ages as nothing was happening...then I nearly shat myself!

I suppose you are referring to the truck coming in crashing?
    I deleted that one because 2 people died there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

inforfun wrote: »
    I really dont like brake testing people but the entire 2nd clip i was hoping it would happen.... What a grade A ****

I reckon he makes my top ten ***hole drivers in my 20+years driving. Would love to know how he'd been driving the rest of the day.

Turns into 50kph right near where he overtook so can add speeding to the tailgating, dangerous overtaking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Whatever you do, don't get confused at the green light. Don't worry about the people behind you either, they'll understand!

2 Year ban, 12 months community work?

I can't comprehend that sentence considering the amount of people that could have been potentially killed there. Must have been not only drunk, but practically asleep, at the wheel.

Miraculous no one was killed. Any chap working at those cones would've been in for a serious hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hey DB, that's old news! Someone shared that back in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Those Yi cams really are savage quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Those Yi cams really are savage quality.

They really are. Discreet and easy to install with fantastic picture quality. There's no reason not to have one in your car.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

They really are. Discreet and easy to install with fantastic picture quality. There's no reason not to have one in your car.

I'd definitely have one if it could be hard wired

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

They can be like pretty much like any other cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

tedpan wrote: »
    Cool, What are you using to power it and where are the cables running?

There is a dedicated thread to Dashcams! https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

badtoro wrote: »
    ....there's a crossing right there.....

OMG what has this thread become :(
    that should be an instant ban

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

Damn, I hate it when I miss interesting stuff. Vid gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What was it lads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement