Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That is a very dodgy junction, both for turning right and for traffic coming from the minor road onto the main road. As the car was taking a right, he should have just held back completely to let the cyclist through first, although at that stage he would not known that he was turning right. If a car had come from the minor road, they would not have expected anything over the line on their side and it is very narrow as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Car was inches off on for long enough, either over take or hang back but don't do what this guy did.

Looks like cyclist eventually ran out of options, car wasn't overtaking and suicidal to pull right so had to stop to wait for car to **** off so they could cross the junction.

Inddicating on a bike comes with an increased risk and less control so they were likely too nervous to indicate with a car that close.its also hard to indicate an get going at the same time, and they probably wanted to get out of your way in case you were impatient too (which you weren't) but it can be life or death of they misjudge and a car goes for it

The late indicate was letting you know they were going across once they had a bit of speed back up

Not having a go at anyone, just giving some insight. Looks like an experience cyclists trying to stay alive rather than a novice with no idea what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Do all you lot not have a cycling forum?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Do all you lot not have a cycling forum?

Yes, and car drivers comment on the cyclists video thread there too. I think the rule is just not to be a dick. It's ok to ask question and give perspective.

I'm also a driver and have posted car videos on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

And yet people wonder why US cops dont take any chances with seemingly innocuous traffic stops.

• Advertisement

"Bwhaaa Bwhaaa." black sheep, corrupt cop fails to scam driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not really for this thread

Of course it is. It a a dashcam thread for dashcam videos :confused:

"Bwhaaa Bwhaaa." black sheep, corrupt cop fails to scam driver.

Just looks like they stopped the wrong car since the silver car didnt come to a complete halt at the stop sign and thats what the cops were complaining about?

No evidence of corruption, for all we know the other cop said "stop that car" and the "corrupt" cop just stopped the wrong one...

GreeBo wrote: »
    Just looks like they stopped the wrong car since the silver car didnt come to a complete halt at the stop sign and thats what the cops were complaining about?

No evidence of corruption, for all we know the other cop said "stop that car" and the "corrupt" cop just stopped the wrong one...
    Just by reading one of the quotes below the youtube video, the locals clearly know that the cop was caught trying it on.
    In South African it means: "Ah you caught me being naughty? That is funny isn't it? Look I laugh at it myself even." High five, you are on your way.
    Bwahaa that’s the sound the cops make when they know they can’t scam you, I’ve had it happen to me in Pretoria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Posted this in the Q&A Dashcam thread by accident so reposting here.

Excuse the language again....

And not so much a dash cam but a fun one from today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

site_owner wrote: »
    I'm also a driver
    How could that possibly be?
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Watched it a bit more closely - cyclist was not aware of other traffic (never looked around or signalled), started turning right and got a shock there was a car there
    Were we watching the same video?

Within a second or maybe two seconds of the cyclist coming into view, I can see his head turning to the right to see who/what is there.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are so afraid of crossing a solid white line when it comes to cyclists. There wasn't even any oncoming traffic at that point. I see it on the commute home from work all the time, I move over the full lane and all the cars behind barely move one wheel over the line. I definitely wouldn't be passing that close to someone who looks like they're going to fall in front of the car.
    I don't understand why people are so afraid of [and some people may want to take a deep breath or turn away now] treating the overtake of a cyclist like any other overtake, and braking or holding back until there is space to overtake safely. The idea of holding back and waiting for a safe overtaking space seems to be an alien concept to many trained and tested drivers.
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    The problem with cycling is it's so easy to get on a bike, a lot of people genuinely can't ride them properly.
    How big a problem is this, given that we have trained and tested drivers killing 3 or 4 people each week on the roads? I'm not sure that training/testing is the panacea that you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ewj1978

PaulKK wrote: »
    One from Galway:

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What happened??

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Cheers, it works for me on mobile?

I edited it a minute after I posted, I realised I left the base URL in between the tags.

What happened??
    Overtake, undertake Wombleling free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What happened??

Skanger overtake on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I was looking for a crash or fireball..... My bad

Plus he looks like a complete dope because the taxi turned off to the right, so he gained nothing but looking like an idiot, and ended up behind more traffic on the dual carriageway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

josip wrote: »

No wonder the US cops are scared and shoot first. Read the statement from prosecutor in article that the police word vs the convicts word would not be good without the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Didn't look? Didn't care? Both?

I'm also a driver
    How could that possibly be?

whats that supposed to mean?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

whats that supposed to mean?:confused:

How is it possible for a cyclist to also be a driver? Aren't they completely mutually exclusive groups, as indicated by the 'you lot' comments on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Damien360 wrote: »
    No wonder the US cops are scared and shoot first. Read the statement from prosecutor in article that the police word vs the convicts word would not be good without the video.

yea but they are still dumb.
    yer man lying on his back....and they shout continually "get on your back" when they were clearly trying to get him on his front :rolleyes:

How is it possible for a cyclist to also be a driver? Aren't they completely mutually exclusive groups, as indicated by the 'you lot' comments on social media?

ah. missed the sarcasm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

boardz wrote: »
    Didn't look? Didn't care? Both?

It's quite likely that neither driver saw the other one because the angle and speed of approach means that their A pillars were obstructing each other the entire time. This should be mandatory reading for every road user. TL;DR version is that it's important to slow down and adjust your seating angle slightly when approaching junctions to avoid it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Mazda 2 driver causing an obstruction by making an illegal entry at Liffey Valley Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement