Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

We need a super hero called sensor sprayer man..... He is a man that will paint out these sensors for those too Stoopid to see em.....

Perhaps a sprayed line across the road beside the lights to indicate you stop here.. oh wait

Maybe in large letters place front wheels here or surrender license

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Perhaps a sprayed line across the road beside the lights to indicate you stop here.. oh wait

Maybe in large letters place front wheels here or surrender license

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I think we give most motorists too much credit here honestly. The vast majority of people are completely ignorant of these sensors, they just assume lights work like clockwork and it will be their turn next. For most people this will still work for them, as they stop at the stop line. But for the previously mentioned idiots, it becomes a problem.

It was my driving instructor 12 years ago that told me about them. The amount of ppl that’s shocked when I pointed them out to them keeps surprising me

ganmo wrote: »
    It was my driving instructor 12 years ago that told me about them. The amount of ppl that’s shocked when I pointed them out to them keeps surprising me
    I've been aware of them ever since I started to drive, the older ones were rubber tubes that you could "reset" by rolling back to run over them again if the lights didn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I've been aware of them ever since I started to drive, the older ones were rubber tubes that you could "reset" by rolling back to run over them again if the lights didn't change.

tee heee, I remember doing that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The line is a little air horn hooked up to the control room. When you go over it the light man looks at the camera and sees that you're waiting for the light.
    If you wave he'll change it quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

liamog wrote: »
    The line is a little air horn hooked up to the control room. When you go over it the light man looks at the camera and sees that you're waiting for the light.

Well in the city they can do this.

They can mess with all the settings happens on occasion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

liamog wrote: »

My first traffic light on my commute must be manned by a deaf blind man then.

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7491349/855193fd/karma_voor_roadrager.html

This one is all kinds of special:
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7491269/442c9ada/ga_me_niet_opjagen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

inforfun wrote: »

inches in it.. wonder if that car connected with the curb?

But that road surface is a thing of beauty.

• Advertisement

Motor tax in The Netherlands is high enough (would pay €200 per 3 months for the car i pay 540 pa here) so you should expect some quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

inforfun wrote: »
    My first traffic light on my commute must be manned by a deaf blind man then.

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7491349/855193fd/karma_voor_roadrager.html

This one is all kinds of special:
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7491269/442c9ada/ga_me_niet_opjagen.html

first one there had to be some kind of road rage, that looked like he was making a dart at the other guy and it backfired badly on him. other guy got clipped also by the looks of it but he carried on regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

2 from this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Slow day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Carpentry wrote: »
    2 from this morning

Since no one else has said it I'll go :).....
    Why were you in the outside lane when the inside lanes were free?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

we all thought it no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

I assumed there was another car in the lane beside him and he was mid overtake. God knows no one would dare to post a vid where they are doing anything wrong for fear of being lynched lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jesus, the guy is in a line of traffic in the outside lane gradually overtaking another line of traffic in the middle lane and they are, unlike most, leaving a safe distance between them and the car in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

I was coming through Oola last night from Tipperary Town , and as you come out over the railway bridge down into the village there is traffic calming in place .

oola_zpsnpwhfoz6.jpg

I could see far enough ahead to notice that one of the appraoching cars was outta line .

and as they got closer he wasn't leaving himself any time

oola-2_zpsyodufes5.jpg

I need get a rearview camera as well , all I saw was the driver going out the bridge on wrong side trying to over take the camper van . Anyone that knows that road knows you cannot see over the bridge for on coming ...madness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Joeface wrote: »
    I need get a rearview camera as well

I think you also need an audio warning on that clip!!

1 second of silence, then suddenly;

shot_1_thumb.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

I think you also need an audio warning on that clip!!

All apologies..never checked sound as it supposed to be muted on the device so no idea why that's there. I shall repair the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

We wont mention the speed sign either...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So after some messing around, I've managed to get my first compilation video together. I'll have to up my editing skills, but it's not bad for a first effort. I don't have the mic on when running, so still looking to see what the best overlay music or sound is to go with the videos.

Cyclist running outta puff - those flat roads are a killer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

fritzelly wrote: »
    Cyclist running outta puff - those flat roads are a killer

I reckon he was preparing himself for the big incline! He was very close to the car when he put his foot down, a good example of that 1.5m clearance rule.

delly wrote: »
    I reckon he was preparing himself for the big incline! He was very close to the car when he put his foot down, a good example of that 1.5m clearance rule.

Watched it a bit more closely - cyclist was not aware of other traffic (never looked around or signalled), started turning right and got a shock there was a car there
    Almost on the other side of the road then he indicates to you lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

fritzelly wrote: »
    Watched it a bit more closely - cyclist was not aware of other traffic (never looked around or signalled), started turning right and got a shock there was a car there
    Almost on the other side of the road then he indicates to you lmao

It does seem like the cyclist is an accident waiting to happen but the chap in the car barely moved. I don't understand why people are so afraid of crossing a solid white line when it comes to cyclists. There wasn't even any oncoming traffic at that point. I see it on the commute home from work all the time, I move over the full lane and all the cars behind barely move one wheel over the line. I definitely wouldn't be passing that close to someone who looks like they're going to fall in front of the car.

The problem with cycling is it's so easy to get on a bike, a lot of people genuinely can't ride them properly.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It does seem like the cyclist is an accident waiting to happen but the chap in the car barely moved. I don't understand why people are so afraid of crossing a solid white line when it comes to cyclists. There wasn't even any oncoming traffic at that point. I see it on the commute home from work all the time, I move over the full lane and all the cars behind barely move one wheel over the line. I definitely wouldn't be passing that close to someone who looks like they're going to fall in front of the car.

The problem with cycling is it's so easy to get on a bike, a lot of people genuinely can't ride them properly.

Looks like a blind bend and the cyclist was pretty much at a stop and even passing a cyclist doesn't mean you can go over a solid white line

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement