Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

It's no different to stopping at a give way sign, you are no a minor road entering a major road, pedestrians (unless there is a crossing as part of the lights) will have a lower priority.

The best option would be to use flashing Amber lights that come on when the pedestrian crossing to the left is red. Lights that dont have pedestrian crossing would not need the flashing Amber.

I believe in such circumstances the pedestrian has right of way rather than being a lower priority.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7487679/530fdc11/hardrijder_wil_erlangs.html

No sexism in brake checking. Women are at it now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Interesting article I stumbled upon. Used my dashcam in a rental car 3 years ago in Portugal for a week, oblivious to the fact its illegal. Didnt even cross my mind.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/998528/Dash-cam-car-Europe-fines-prison/amp

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

Re. the break checking, in my opinion anybody caught should receive an instant ban, it's so bloody dangerous I drove artic's and had it done to me in the UK a few times not very nice I tell ya, they don't seem to realise the dangers involved could lead to a major accident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,868 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Looking at that video, why shouldn't we?
    There was no risk to anyone at the junction, the driver broke the law, but in reality, at many junctions, it's a stupid law.

Noooo!
    If cars were allowed to go through any sort of a red light, then we wouldn't be able to give out about the cyclists doing it all the time.. :eek: :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Very few filter lights used in Ireland, dunno why. Then again plenty of places where directional traffic lights are not used and they should be - more like just one green light for everyone.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Very few filter lights used in Ireland, dunno why. Then again plenty of places where directional traffic lights are not used and they should be - more like just one green light for everyone.
    Or worse a red and a green filter on the same vertical arrangement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

As we are on the subject of Red Lights..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

^^^Surprised none of the red light breaking supporters aren't whinging about how that's acceptable/there's no one about/insert lame excuse etc etc etc...

Back to videos

I'm really sorry for laughing, I really am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd like to see more Ireland based Dash Cam footage here.

Buy a car and a dash cam and knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

inforfun wrote: »
    Buy a car and a dash cam and knock yourself out.

I have one and posted here several times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Medal on the way :D And no ,I have neither. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Medal on the way :D And no, I have neither. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Same red light. This one has to be legal???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

^^^Surprised none of the red light breaking supporters aren't whinging about how that's acceptable/there's no one about/insert lame excuse etc etc etc...

Back to videos

I'm really sorry for laughing, I really am :o
    You sound like an evil villain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

This daft aul one is cutting corners so large she's looking for a job at Müller.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

NufcNavan wrote: »
    This daft aul one is cutting corners so large she's looking for a job at Müller.

Lol!

This happens so often, I really don't get it. I mean it's mostly pure stupidity, maybe a touch of impatience or over eagerness. People really just need to pay attention to road markings more. I came up on a huge queue of cars on my commute in the other day, all stuck at a red light that wouldn't change. I got to the top of the queue and found the top car was 2 car lengths behind the stop line, and not hitting the induction sensor, hence the light would never turn. Had to tell her to move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

NufcNavan wrote: »

Rushing to fire the kids into the three steps...? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Lol!

This happens so often, I really don't get it. I mean it's mostly pure stupidity, maybe a touch of impatience or over eagerness. People really just need to pay attention to road markings more. I came up on a huge queue of cars on my commute in the other day, all stuck at a red light that wouldn't change. I got to the top of the queue and found the top car was 2 car lengths behind the stop line, and not hitting the induction sensor, hence the light would never turn. Had to tell her to move up.

I really don't understand people who leave a 1-2 car gap at the lights. I've seen some huge distances and there was the odd time I've seen the sensor cutout clearly in front of them. You could literally go around these people and stop in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I really don't understand people who leave a 1-2 car gap at the lights. I've seen some huge distances and there was the odd time I've seen the sensor cutout clearly in front of them. You could literally go around these people and stop in front of them.

I think a lot of people assume the lights have a sensor kind of like their home security light rather than the ground sensor. So probably sit in hope its gonna change for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We need a super hero called sensor sprayer man..... He is a man that will paint out these sensors for those too Stoopid to see em.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Lol!

They get mad when ya beep them to move up, madder when you go around them and ballistic when the light goes green for you when they’ve been sitting there for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

ganmo wrote: »
    They get mad when ya beep them to move up, madder when you go around them and ballistic when the light goes green for you when they’ve been sitting there for ages

always has been a problem, not sure if anything would work to educate these people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

We need a super hero called sensor sprayer man..... He is a man that will paint out these sensors for those too Stoopid to see em.....

Funny you say that. This set of lights did have that style sensor.. (i did say otherwise in my post!), but this is a really unusual set of lights. But you still need to be rather close for it to pick you up. There's a tiny red light on it that blinks when you're in range.
    GBX wrote: »
    I think a lot of people assume the lights have a sensor kind of like their home security light rather than the ground sensor. So probably sit in hope its gonna change for them.

I think we give most motorists too much credit here honestly. The vast majority of people are completely ignorant of these sensors, they just assume lights work like clockwork and it will be their turn next. For most people this will still work for them, as they stop at the stop line. But for the previously mentioned idiots, it becomes a problem.

I'd actually wonder what they thought when I told them to move up, it took a lot of arm waving and encouragement for them to move at all! Probably just thought I was some nutter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement