Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

Options
  • 08-06-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

10372070_10152303663073666_3167030618549035190_n.jpg

I got the ristretto strength 10. Capsules are individually wrapped and aroma is great. The thing worked which is always a pleasant surprise with compatible pods. I ran it through as my usual tea cup coffee even though the box says lungo 100ml espresso 50ml ristretto 25ml. So this probably affected flavour but it was still good! Definitely good enough to forego trips to town/9e postage. Hurrah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Is it part of their every day range or is it a special offer ? All stores ?

Great to have as plan B when you run out of the real ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

It was with the rest of the coffee so I presume it's a new addition to regular range, I imagine there will be huge demand. I forgot to check was the 1.99 an introductory price or not.
    I think it's all stores, got mine in Greenhills rd branch (one nearer Kilnamanagh ifykwim)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Good stuff. Is there 5 or 10 in a pack? Can't see In pic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Good stuff. Is there 5 or 10 in a pack? Can't see In pic there.

10 in a pack so it works out approx 50% cheaper! I've always liked the bellarom brand chocolate and coffee so I'd have high hopes for these.

Has anybody tried these and willing to comment on the taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Great, can pair this with the Espresso machine from ALDI that takes nespresso capsules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Been looking for reviews online but they all seem to be in German. Anybody have opinions on these yet? I hope they're nice, the price certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

B0X wrote: »
    Been looking for reviews online but they all seem to be in German. Anybody have opinions on these yet? I hope they're nice, the price certainly is.

Use google chrome and it will translate the page for you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tesco are selling compatible pods in the UK now also, probably only a matter of time before they appear here. Nestle lost some patent case for the pods recently so the market is now open for non-official pods.

I think Dunnes have compatible pods but they're about the same price as the official Nespresso ones

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Del007 wrote: »
    I think Dunnes have compatible pods but they're about the same price as the official Nespresso ones

It's from Roberts €3.79 for 10 capsules

• Advertisement

cais wrote: »
    It's from Roberts €3.79 for 10 capsules

Ya that's it, couldn't remember the name.

Have you tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Must see the next day i am near a Lidl to give these a go as it will make me get a nespresso machine for my place next year save me from ordering so much coffee at the same time.

They can't be any worse then the tassimo coffee can it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Tried the lungo one. It's decent. Think the nespresso ones are better but would need to do a blind taste test to be sure.

The pods come individually foile wrapped for freshness as they are not airtight like a nespresso pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

anyone no if they have these in Kilkenny lidl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Just had one of each. No complaints at all.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Just had one of each. No complaints at all.

You must be flying!

Re the end of patent . I'm just back from Spain & the local supermarket had a great selection, incl a Carte Noir one for 2.99, of course I forgot to buy on last day as planned :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

It's available in the Cobh Lidl.
    Trying the lungo as I type and it's not bad. For the price and the ease of getting it with the weekly shopping I can cope with it. The hassle of getting to BT to get a supply was ending up becoming very expensive.

It's available in the Cobh Lidl.
    Trying the lungo as I type and it's not bad. For the price and the ease of getting it with the weekly shopping I can cope with it. The hassle of getting to BT to get a supply was ending up becoming very expensive.

flipping bus fare in & out = 5.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

None in togher, Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

In lidl Roscommon. Regarding using these in the aldi machine . . . even thought its cheap in comparison. It still works out at over 36 euro a kilo for which you'll get a much better ground coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

in lidl in kilkenny thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭gipi

Didn't see any in Lidl Drogheda yesterday, but will keep an eye out. I've bought compatible pods in Sainsburys and Tesco, and picked up sone in Vienna last year. A fair alternative to the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

flipping bus fare in & out = 5.20!

Probably cost about 15 quid for me by the time I drove the 30 mile round trip and then paid for parking and that excludes the hassle of loading and unloading kids in and out of car and invariably the missus would want to make another purchase in town. So a pack of 10 Nespresso pods in BT could end up costing well in to the hundreds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

gipi wrote: »
    Didn't see any in Lidl Drogheda yesterday, but will keep an eye out. I've bought compatible pods in Sainsburys and Tesco, and picked up sone in Vienna last year. A fair alternative to the originals.

Hi Gipi, they had loads up in the one at the Woodies retail park, if ya really want them. Also the Carte Noir ones are nice from Sainsburys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭gipi

Hi Gipi, they had loads up in the one at the Woodies retail park, if ya really want them. Also the Carte Noir ones are nice from Sainsburys.

Ah thanks - that's where I was yesterday, must have missed them although I was at the tea\coffee section! Obviously needed more coffee at the time :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Aldi will have their own brand out soon too, they'll be a regular addition to both stores... Missus is delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

To be honest, they're very close to Nespresso quality. Loads in Moore St Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

I prefer the Lidl Lungo to the Nespresso's, much nicer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I've had them. Great taste.

Going to be a permenant addition to the range. Much cheaper then the alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I've had them. Great taste.

Going to be a permenant addition to the range. Much cheaper then the alternatives.

Advertisement