Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Fantastic spot by the OP. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

thanks op.
    Picked some up this morning for the missus.
    I always get stung for buying the coffee even though I don't drink it...
    This will save me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Very good deal and very good coffee. Often alternative makers are not best quality.

Basing on my taste, ones that are as good or better then Nestle ones are:
    - Carte Noire (propably best)
    - LIDL ones
    - Fine Coffee Club http://finecoffeeclub.ie

Ones that I do not recommend
    - CoffeePod http://www.cafepod.com
    - Intenso (for example here http://www.buongusto.co.uk
    - Single origin HasBean coffee, freshly roasted, ground and carefully packed into pod by September1 (it seems that making pods at home is a bit tricky)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Where can the carte noire be purchased ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This is brilliant news!
    I have been messing around with alternatives for some time and the best alternative was always to buy Cart Noire in france whenever I was over there.
    So to see these in Lidl is great!

Pity I have just spent €50 in BT on a batch of original capsules!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

September1 wrote: »

Is that 24 x 6 = 144 capsules in total?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Is that 24 x 6 = 144 capsules in total?

Looks to me like 24 capsules only, but in nice box.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

thanks OP , will give these a go , was given a few generic ones previously from grabone/groupon deal , they were poor , tasted like instant coffee.

Rooy wrote: »
    thanks OP , will give these a go , was given a few generic ones previously from grabone/groupon deal , they were poor , tasted like instant coffee.

It seems that are way cheaper here:
    http://www.coffeesuppliesdirect.co.uk/carte-noire-nespresso-compatible-pods-151-c.asp

Just like other poster I buy mine when travelling to France so no idea which shop is best. Certainly they should be lower price then Nestle ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

20 carte noire pods for £4 in tesco UK. No sign of them in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Anyone know whether the dolce gusto versions will be available too. Or if available anywhere else

As it is bargain alert, please keep in mind that every capsule has at best 9c worth of coffee (6g lungo x 15E per kg) so it takes 2500 LIDL capsuls or just above 900 Nestle ones for E400 bean to cup machine to be cheaper solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

As it is bargain alert, please keep in mind that every capsule has at best 9c worth of coffee (6g lungo x 15E per kg) so it takes 2500 LIDL capsuls or just above 900 Nestle ones for E400 bean to cup machine to be cheaper solution.

It's still a bargain for those who wish to use a Nespresso.

If I put up a bargain related to BMW's, would you point out that a Micra is cheaper? :confused:

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    It's still a bargain for those who wish to use a Nespresso.

If I put up a bargain related to BMW's, would you point out that a Micra is cheaper? :confused:

Well, it is not best comparison as freshly ground beans are superior to ones that were ground long time ago. So yes, if you put a bargain on Micra that costs more than much better BMW to own, I would recommend getting BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Looks to me like 24 capsules only, but in nice box.

That would work out at €1 per pod then (ex delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Well, it is not best comparison as freshly ground beans are superior to ones that were ground long time ago. So yes, if you put a bargain on Micra that costs more than much better BMW to own, I would recommend getting BMW.

Do you have to crank that BMW to get it started?

mikom wrote: »
    Do you have to crank that BMW to get it started?

:D
    Usually bean to cup machines require even less work than Nespresso machines there you have to put new capsule every time.
    Redsoxfan wrote: »
    That would work out at €1 per pod then (ex delivery).

Yeah, you can certainly get it cheaper elsewhere, someone mentioned Tesco in UK. I'm pretty sure they are also well priced in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ah the inevitable "bean-to-cup is far superior than Nespresso" post...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

:D
    Usually bean to cup machines require even less work than Nespresso machines there you have to put new capsule every time.

Utter rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 CL1970

I will be very curious to try.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

*clicks Unfollow

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Just tried these lidl pods and I must say I am very impressed. They are by far the best generics I have come across so far, and I have tried many different ones. Doesn't taste like instant coffee like many compatible pods. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Hi folks, are the Nestle pods the same shape as the ones that fit in the Philips Senseo? Or anyone knoe where i can get compatible pods for the philips senseo?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

micka wrote: »
    Hi folks, are the Nestle pods the same shape as the ones that fit in the Philips Senseo? Or anyone knoe where i can get compatible pods for the philips senseo?

Cheers!

Go away :):)
    This thread is for poor unfortunates who have nespresso type machines purchased in celtic tiger 2007 on the credit card and have not been able to afford to buy the nesspresso pods since......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 briancarrol692

Good price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Cheers!

Hi Micks. The pods aren't compatible.

Not sure where you get the senseo pods, but it's possible they'll have them in some supermarkets and it may be worth trying home store and more in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Got these today, really great taste from the Lungo pods.

Anyone know why the generic ones are so slow to fill? Seems to be always the case.

These are the best non-original i have tried yet. Unreal price!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Cheers!

discountcoffee.ie make them also a guy in kenmare on adverts.ie sells the dutch/german ones although he didn't reply to my emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Got these today, really great taste from the Lungo pods.

Anyone know why the generic ones are so slow to fill? Seems to be always the case.

These are the best non-original i have tried yet. Unreal price!!

It is to do with the way the ground coffee is packed and the button you press on your Nespresso machine. On the generic pods the coffee must be ground the same.
    For example, a Ristretto capsule is finely ground coffee designed for a ristretto shot. If you use it with a lungo shot it will take more time to pour than a lungo capsule (which has a courser coffee therefore the water flows through it quicker) using a lungo shot (starting to lose myself here but keep with me!).

Advertisement