Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have never bought a proper Nespresso capsule in my life. Pixie machine still going strong after four years. I find the Supervalu capsules work best - lungo and Comumbian are the ones I like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Pixie has less moving parts than that of a U
    If i was to use non nespresso capsules in any machine, I'd only risk doing so in the pixie

This from someone who lost their U to the cheaper capsules......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

We use Lidl capsules in a Citiz machine.
    Aldi ones jam up and water drips in to the tray. SuperValu one don't even fit the machine and slip through the slot when you try to put them in.
    No issues at all with Lidl both in taste and price. Machine is running away fine after 6 years.

We just find the hassle of getting original capsules is too much as we are 45 mins drive to nearest stockists and online is just a bit of a rip off unless you buy in bulk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

We just find the hassle of getting original capsules is too much as we are 45 mins drive to nearest stockists and online is just a bit of a rip off unless you buy in bulk.

I'm not willing to pay the postage- and am probably a lot further away from a stockist than you are- but I bulk purchase when I have to go to Dublin etc. They're not *that* expensive- and they are quite upfront about the costs- unlike some manufacturers. The only unusual cost of ownership of a Nespresso machine for most of us in Ireland- is descaleant- most of us probably need to descale 4-5 times more frequently than Nespresso suggest (because of how hard our water is). However- even this can be done cheaply- run a citric acid solution through the system every 4-6 weeks. Most of us have citric acid in our kitchen ingredient cupboards- so its not necessarily a cost per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Been using mainly lidl ( supervalu occasionally ) in my magimix for over a year now. No issues with either, with a minimum of 5 cups per day every day! Though one very recent batch of black ristretto lidl seemed faulty, coffee grains coming through to cup. Also use purple and blue, perfect. Must buy more black see is it resolved. Anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

There's a Magimix M105 in work here.
    A domestic unit, looks like a rebranded Bosch (possibly vice versa)

It must do 50-100 pods a day, everyday, for the last year.
    (large US multinational, 500 heads on this floor alone)

Animal of a machine, has never coughed and takes a mix of non-OEM capsules daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

fleet wrote: »
    There's a Magimix M105 in work here.
    A domestic unit, looks like a rebranded Bosch (possibly vice versa)

It must do 50-100 pods a day, everyday, for the last year.
    (large US multinational, 500 heads on this floor alone)

Animal of a machine, has never coughed and takes a mix of non-OEM capsules daily.

Same here.. had one in work, pure workhorse of a machine. When it came time to buy one for home, I was having nothing other than a Magimix.

Same here, one in work and the majority of people using non-nespresso capsules and running fine for well over a year. Probably made more coffee in that time that most domestic units will in their lifetime. I use aldi capsules in it, others use lidl and some order non-nespresso capsules online so it's getting a mix of everything along with an odd real capsule. It's a magimix also.

That being said I do notice one broken in one of the other coffee docks (we have multiple coffee docks with a machine in each) but don't know what happened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My Inissia is still like new after going through thousands of generic pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

I find that the Aldi ones do not work in my issinia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Have a nespresso u and have used a random variety of non nespresso pods with no major issues. In fact I seem to have less non pierced/stuck pods with aldi/Lidl than I did with the nespresso I used religiously for the first year. Having said that mine would be light use, 3-4 pods a week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I had an issue at one stage with the purple Lidl pods sticking in my pixie. I think it was a bad batch, so must try them again. I find SuperValu ones excellent. The other day I bought some in Tesco - forget the brand, but cost €3.80 a pack, foil top and bottom - they won't pierce properly and coffee won't come through properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The Lidl ones for me have been useless in the last month. May as well be drinking dirty water.

Advertisement