Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Wetwipe65 wrote: »
    Wtf has promotion got to do with tapping out? He wasn't getting out of that choke, would it make much of a difference if it went on another 10 or 15 seconds and he was put to sleep?

Because you said:
    Overpromotion means fkall when he's in the cage

and i responded. Seriously, that was your previous post. Should i give you a summary of what we are talking about before i post each time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Wetwipe65

Peist2007 wrote:
    and i responded. Seriously, that was your previous post. Should i give you a summary of what we are talking about before i post each time?

No need for the summary, I know your talking absolute ****e.

No need for the summary, I know your talking absolute ****e.

Says the man who gets angry and confused at someone answering a question he asked a minute before :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Stop stamping your feet like a child. You disagree with me. No need to add the childish hyperbole.

McGregor has completely fooked things up. Take a step back. All that domination and taking over talk, it's all in the past now. And that past was 3 months ago. The fall has been almost quicker than the rise.

Ps the "stupidest" comments in the MMA Forum would actually have to be your good self when McGregor was acting the child and cancelled the first rematch with Diaz. Now that was fooking stupid. Made a right clown of yourself there in fairness. A good laugh to watch at the time.

LOL you thought his win over Mendes was a fix,your opinion on mma is therefore irrelevant

Have a nice evening

20zuxhx.png

Gamebred wrote: »
    LOL you thought his win over Mendes was a fix,your opinion on mma is therefore irrelevant

Have a nice evening

20zuxhx.png

I'll put it this way: the Mendez fight wouldnt have been stopped when it was if it took place this weekend. The golden goose has been caught laying crap eggs ;)
    Sign yourself in if your find yourself wondering if this is even 1% true,honestly ffs.

It turned out to be 100% true, alas Mr. Oracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    I'll put it this way: the Mendez fight wouldnt have been stopped when it was if it took place this weekend. The golden goose has been caught laying crap eggs ;)

It turned out to be 100% true, alas Mr. Oracle.

about to be banned again by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Peist2007 wrote:
    I'll put it this way: the Mendez fight wouldnt have been stopped when it was if it took place this weekend. The golden goose has been caught laying crap eggs

Poor mendes was ****ed there was an argument maybe that the stoppage was a bit early, but personally I think he was drained and Conor would have landed a few more undefended blows to his head which nobody wanted to see, especially as when all said and done mendes is a fairly likeable guy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Made a right clown of yourself there in fairness. A good laugh to watch at the time.

Mod Note: Banned for two weeks for trolling, personal abuse, breach of the charter..take your pick. Gambred keep getting into these childish spats and you wont be long following him.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Thanks for all the info on ticket prices, much appreciated. Seems like 300ish is the entry point. Now to convince the wife, we will be in LA and it seems too much of an opportunity to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm curious how mcgregor will handle the press conferences without his unbeaten ego saying he is indestructible, I wreckon that's a big part of why he didn't want to do them last time around, nothing to do with that rocky IV style Icelandic training camp that couldn't be disturbed.

Do nt get me I'm rooting for the guy and I really hope he wins and keeps the show on the road but that's a tough place to come back from and act like he acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    iamtony wrote: »
    I'm curious how mcgregor will handle the press conferences without his unbeaten ego saying he is indestructible, I wreckon that's a big part of why he didn't want to do them last time around, nothing to do with that rocky IV style Icelandic training camp that couldn't be disturbed.

Do nt get me I'm rooting for the guy and I really hope he wins and keeps the show on the road but that's a tough place to come back from and act like he acts.

Well for a start he's been beaten twice before that so I'd imagine he will cope fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

iamtony wrote:

iamtony wrote:

Don't expect anything different except more of the same. In fact, expect him to be even more vocal.

McGregor via Submission

look at bisping, rockhold beat him well the last time out and he was worse than ever in the run up to this fight!

Depp wrote: »
    look at bisping, rockhold beat him well the last time out and he was worse than ever in the run up to this fight!

Yeah lot of high profile comebacks in the rematches but this is out of his weight class so its not too comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Yeah lot of high profile comebacks in the rematches but this is out of his weight class so its not too comparable.

WTFs weight class got to do with being a mouthy bastard in the lead up to a fight? Nate & Diaz(edit lol opps, Nate & Conor) are not even fighting in their own weight classes but nobody can compare that to Bisping? :pac::pac::pac:

Devastator wrote: »
    WTFs weight class got to do with being a mouthy bastard in the lead up to a fight? Nate & Diaz are not even fighting in their own weight classes but nobody can compare that to Bisping? :pac::pac::pac:

sorry got my wires crossed,thought he was on about the actual fight not the **** talk.

McGregor via Submission
    sorry got my wires crossed,thought he was on about the actual fight not the **** talk.

was wondering :D

No matter what he says all Nate has to say is ''shut the **** up I whooped you on 12 days notice''

He will talk mad **** to get ppv buys no doubt,wonder if it does more than 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ASOT wrote: »
    Well for a start he's been beaten twice before that so I'd imagine he will cope fine.

As a blow in hype train ufc fan I had no idea he had loses, but I'm guessing they were not at this level of fighting. Either way I think it will be hard to pull off no matter who you are. Shame really.

Gamebred wrote:
    He will talk mad **** to get ppv buys no doubt,wonder if it does more than 200.

Any other fights announced for the card? I would've said it would do more than 200 until the Brock announcement.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    As a blow in hype train ufc fan I had no idea he had loses, but I'm guessing they were not at this level of fighting. Either way I think it will be hard to pull off no matter who you are. Shame really.

trust me, conor wont have any problems chatting sh!t in the run up to this!

Any other fights announced for the card? I would've said it would do more than 200 until the Brock announcement.

Cm Punk rumoured.

McGregor via Submission

other than cm punk whispers nothing yet!

I reckon they'll both do over a million either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The 200 card is stacked now.

I'd be surprised if 202 buys come close.

McGregor via Submission
    I reckon they'll both do over a million either way.

100%, reckon 200 breaks the 100 record with brock added aswel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    They really should put Seery or Ais on the card, give the travelling fans at least 1 more fighter to go crazy about. I wasn;t at 189 but the atmosphere through the night looked amazing and was growing and growing throughout. Gunni was the only other fighter to really get behind at 194 and that lasted until Maia took him down. No connections to anyone else on the 196 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They really should put Seery or Ais on the card, give the travelling fans at least 1 more fighter to go crazy about. I wasn;t at 189 but the atmosphere through the night looked amazing and was growing and growing throughout. Gunni was the only other fighter to really get behind at 194 and that lasted until Maia took him down. No connections to anyone else on the 196 card.

Would love if Joe Duffy was on the card but he's booked unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Diaz via Submission

Seery admitted he cant travel trans atlantic and perform. The flight, heat and distance away from home took it out of him. He wouldnt do himself justice. He stated that was the reason for his lackluster performance v Louis Smolka and seems convinced thats just the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz via Submission
    Read they're going advertising Brock fighting on ufc 200 during wwe shows

Advertisement