Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Thats a lie. Was pointed out to you numerous times by more than one person

Link to a post on this forum where a user, addressing me, points out that Frankie Edgar called Dana out about his comments and provided an xray as proof that he was lying.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Frankie was injured with a groin tear sent them x rays to prove it and Aldo wasnt ready iirc,they were both no go's Dana tried to make it look like they were dodging Conor.

Fair enough re Frankie. Just reading this article on it. Bad form from Dana so.

Tbh, I just took what he said at face value and even thought that the fight was offered at '45. See now that it wasn't and neither was the Aldo offer.

Should have known really what with the RDA fight going to be at '55.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Wetwipe65

He was offered the fight and turned the fight down because he was injured.

Dana tells the world he turned it down but said nothing about the injury..

What are ye arguing about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Link to a post on this forum where a user, addressing me, points out that Frankie Edgar called Dana out about his comments and provided an xray as proof that he was lying.

Fair enough re Frankie. Just reading this article on it. Bad form from Dana so.

Tbh, I just took what he said at face value and even thought that the fight was offered at '45. See now that it wasn't and neither was the Aldo offer.

Should have known really what with the RDA fight going to be at '55.

Why bother. Your spouting the same stuff you were at the time.

Not being medically cleared is different to being healthy and saying no. I cant quite remember but not sure if aldo was over his medical suspension and if fight ofered was for belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Why bother. Your spouting the same stuff you were at the time.

That's because I still believed what Dana had said to be true, Jesus.

Not sure what you think I have to gain from lying about it. I didn't know.
    I cant quite remember but not sure if aldo was over his medical suspension and if fight ofered was for belt.

I wasn't sure about that either, but seems it was at '55:
    "The fight was not at featherweight. Why would I rematch him in a different weight class with no belt?"

"Now, to make this fight at 155, where he was full of juice in his body, where he hides and nobody tests him, only when he gets to Las Vegas, a week before the fight, and then it’s way easier for you to clean the body and fight."

"We called and texted him every day (asking for the rematch) and nothing. There was no talk for a month."

"I waited for a call from Dana (White) for three weeks, and when he texted ‘Dede’ (Pederneiras) I was doing a charity soccer match in Manaus, and he talked about replacing Rafael. He knew I wasn’t training because I was coming back from (medical) suspension."

Source for the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Aldo talking about anyone being full of juice is beyond comical. Never seen that quote before

• Registered Users Posts: 39,046 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    jcd5971 wrote: »
    Aldo talking about anyone being full of juice is beyond comical. Never seen that quote before
    Prior to 194, he questioned whether or not Conor was being tested in Ireland we've no commission. Idiotic stuff for two reasons;
    1. We've been sending athletes to the Olympics forever. UFC is playing catch-up to the Olympics, WADA, not the other way around
    2. Brazil :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    jcd5971 wrote: »

one thing ill say about the whole aldo thing, he can thank his lucky stars he never learned english, if he was able to flow fully with the bitterness and accusations his reputation would be gone completely,
    hed make rocksalt look like a pillar of humility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ah yeah but Aldo has dodged fights due to "injury" wink wink for years coz he got heads up to stop juicing. Only lad worse than him was renan barao. Cheeky **** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diaz via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    It wont effect me thats my point,people get too emotionally invested in him wanting the win or loss,the debates on here of which ive had many rage on,who cares, it will effect no ones life bar his own is my point.

But if people didn't care, one way or the other, then people wouldn't watch. They wouldn't be interested, they wouldn't part with their money.

How people feel about him, either wanting to see him do well, or wanting to fail is vital to him. In truth it doesn't matter whether the public love you or hate you, as long as they will pay to see you.

This is something Conor worked out very early, and reaped the benefits of, playing the villain has always been a great way of raising your profile, and having the skills to back up the talk (for the most part) is what propels you to super stardom.

Saying people shouldn't care whether he wins or loses is grand, but not very realistic, thats the sport.

If he had beaten Nate I am sure you would still be banging that "he will never be beaten again" drum and extolling the virtues of his character and skill levels ad nauseum.

To try make out you have no interest in whether he wins or loses now seems pretty hollow to me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Diaz via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    They were both offer the fight, but not at 145. Neither was able to take it on short notice. Completely understandable.

Saying they "turned the fight down" is BS media spin.
    But it's also silly to keep repeating "it was a lie" ignoring that the fights were considered but not possible. The points at either extreme are wrong and not what actually happen. Not what the drama is.

But it is a lie to say they were offered shots at the title which was the original claim. There is no amount of spin that will get away from that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

McGregor via Submission
    But it is a lie to say they were offered shots at the title. There is no amount of spin that will get away from that.
    Did anyone actually say they were offered a title shot?

Conor was 2weeks out from a 155 fight, there's no way anyone could even pretend 145 was an option.

Diaz via Decision
    Did anyone actually say they were offered a title shot?

Conor was 2weeks out from a 155 fight, there's no way anyone could even pretend 145 was an option.

dd309d02ac78998220bc51ecc4bff565.png

45 title shot was never an option at that stage, to anybody.

I assumed since you weighed in complaining about people calling it a lie that you would have actually followed the conversation, and seen why people were saying Cathy's post was a lie.

Do you still think its silly to keep saying thats a lie?

McGregor via Submission
    dd309d02ac78998220bc51ecc4bff565.png

45 title shot was never an option at that stage, to anybody.

I assumed since you weighed in complaining about people calling it a lie that you would have actually followed the conversation, and seen why people were saying Cathy's post was a lie.

Do you still think its silly to keep saying thats a lie?
    People were calling it lie from Dana. I'm saying I didn't think even he claim the belt was on the cards. Did he?

If some random poster claims it happened, you'd have to just laugh tbh

Random people make ridiculous claims

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Does this mean that there will be an interim 145 champion now with McGregor's absence from the division?

quainy wrote:
    Does this mean that there will be an interim 145 champion now with McGregor's absence from the division?

Yes, Aldo is fighting Edgar for an interim belt next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McGregor via Submission
    Am I wrong?

Less than 36 hours since 202 main event was confirmed I opened up this thread presuming to get latest news/opinions on 202 Gregor/Diaz......but instead I just see the childish bickering has moved from official thread to this one and people are argueing over the 189/196 main events and who would/should/could have fought? FS its in the past, MOVE ON! Lets look forward

Am I right?

MMA fans are the bitchiest people I have ever come across..

" I'm a fan of this sport before you therefore I tell ye newbies what ye can and can't discuss, and if I don't agree with your opinion I will insult you!"

FFS its these kind of posts that ruin threads, not the people actually debating things. MMA has new fans now, move forward!!

McGregor via Submission
    Wetwipe65 wrote: »
    FFS its these kind of posts that ruin threads, not the people actually debating things.

:rolleyes:

I'm not biting but on this point, you seem to know an awful lot about this forum considering you only signed up about 2 mins ago, hmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

back to topic..........
    ufc200_custom.jpg

Devastator wrote:
    I'm not biting but on this point, you seem to know an awful lot about this forum considering you only signed up about 2 mins ago, hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, you can read these forums without being a member you know? Is it because I am only a new member that my opinions are inferior to yours.. Toodles

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    I dont see the point to a 202 thread this early. When he was supposed to be on 200, that thread and the CMcG thread rang among dude each other and it was a bit of a mess.
    It's going to be chaos for the next while, easier to follow in one place.

I imagine the hype will kick up post UFC 200

McGregor via Submission
    Possible Mickey Gall fight targeted for 202 against someone claiming to be a fighter. Chances are its crap but anyway....http://cagepages.com/2016/06/06/cm-punk-vs-mickey-gall-ufc-202/

Think Gall has more chance of facing Lesnar at 200 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I dont see the point to a 202 thread this early. When he was supposed to be on 200, that thread and the CMcG thread rang among dude each other and it was a bit of a mess.
    It's going to be chaos for the next while, easier to follow in one place.

I imagine the hype will kick up post UFC 200

I said this multiple times last time, it's a bit unnecessary. I don't think threads should be started until fight week, there are too many injuries and changes to justify having threads 2 months before a fight. Perhaps something to be considered added to the charter?

McGregor via Submission
    I dont see the point to a 202 thread this early.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    I said this multiple times last time, it's a bit unnecessary. I don't think threads should be started until fight week, there are too many injuries and changes to justify having threads 2 months before a fight. Perhaps something to be considered added to the charter?

FS I was slated for saying it was too early to have a UFC205 thread.......in March! :D

Charter addition - ONLY Paully D can start event threads - because the rest of you always fcuk it up
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    FS I was slated for saying it was too early to have a UFC205 thread.......in March! :D

Charter addition - ONLY Paully D can start event threads - because the rest of you always fcuk it up

this

McGregor via Submission
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Either not til fight week, or because people will complain, not until after the previous POV is done.
    201 goes up after 200, no 202 until after 201, etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Devastator wrote: »

I'll second this, he always does a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Does anyone know the details of the purse and what Diaz managed to negotiate for 202?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Conor will need a completely different game plan for the rematch, but him winning isn't beyond the realms of belief at all. I don't see it playing out like the last match. Some differences this time being Conor won't underestimate Nate and try knock him out with every swing, Conor will be spending a full camp training for Nate and he'll be a more natural leaner 170lber. Of course the other side is Nate will have a full camp so I reckon he'll be harder to hit and will slip more punches. I don't think his usual plan of moving forward and putting on pressure and trading will really change much though.

I reckon Conor's cardio will be much improved by then, it was never really tested before the first match it seems. He'll never match Nate for cardio of course. I'd say Conor could outscore Nate on points in the exchanges if it's kept on the feet.

I think Conor would have great success with leg kicks and some sort of head kick too (not the flashy capoeria type). Nate's chin is solid stone but I don't think anyone is unrockable. Looking forward to the match in any case. Conor reckons if he loses this then he is fcuked and the hype train will be completely derailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Conor will need a completely different game plan for the rematch, but him winning isn't beyond the realms of belief at all. I don't see it playing out like the last match. Some differences this time being Conor won't underestimate Nate and try knock him out with every swing, Conor will be spending a full camp training for Nate and he'll be a more natural leaner 170lber. Of course the other side is Nate will have a full camp so I reckon he'll be harder to hit and will slip more punches. I don't think his usual plan of moving forward and putting on pressure and trading will really change much though.

I reckon Conor's cardio will be much improved by then, it was never really tested before the first match it seems. He'll never match Nate for cardio of course. I'd say Conor could outscore Nate on points in the exchanges if it's kept on the feet.

I think Conor would have great success with leg kicks and some sort of head kick too (not the flashy capoeria type). Nate's chin is solid stone but I don't think anyone is unrockable. Looking forward to the match in any case. Conor reckons if he loses this then he is fcuked and the hype train will be completely derailed.

Advertisement