Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pinklady88

Hi guys,
    Sent away for daughters passport on 15th of April(lost her old one).. It has been stuck on stage 2 since 25th of April. We are traveling THIS Sunday.. I eventually got through on phone last week and they put it on a priority list for travel that date and I also sent in proof of travel through Twitter. They would not guarantee over the phone that it would be here in time. Any advice? Has anyone had to cancel a holiday because passport didn't come in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

That is a lot longer than it normally takes. Sorry to hear about that and wish you best of luck. Hopefully you will be able to travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Normally lack of passport isn't covered under travel insurance unless perhaps that it was lost after you took out the travel insurance and reported to the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Presumably understaffed (they were in March when I received mine, took six weeks), and unprepared for the amount of applications pouring in because of the potential Brexit

I heard they have a lot more staff in this year than they had any year before, but demand is inexplicably high. Whether it is the Brexit, all passports expiring at the same time, many people losing their passports, many people getting their very first passport, it seems unclear what the reason is.

They advise everyone now to get their passports sorted before booking travel, and calculate 6 weeks for to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Hi, I am due to fly on Sunday but my kids first time passports never came yet. I cant get through on the phone to the passport office and was wondering can i call to collect them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 green2016

steloide wrote: »
    Hi, I am due to fly on Sunday but my kids first time passports never came yet. I cant get through on the phone to the passport office and was wondering can i call to collect them?

Hi When did you apply for kids ? Walk in to passport office and talk to them ,

Thank you

green2016 wrote: »
    Hi When did you apply for kids ? Walk in to passport office and talk to them ,

Thank you

It was a good few weeks ago (cant remember exactly). I was expecting them last week. If i call to collect do u know what i need to bring with me like do the kids have to be there or just the usual birth cert proof of flight......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thaoe8219

I'm an irish citizen by way of naturalisation and I'm having to renew my passport for the first time, on the passport form it asks for original supporting documents to be sent along with the application - does this apply for renewals as they would have received this same document the first time so should have it on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thaoe8219

Great, thanks so much!

• Advertisement

It was a good few weeks ago (cant remember exactly). I was expecting them last week. If i call to collect do u know what i need to bring with me like do the kids have to be there or just the usual birth cert proof of flight......

Proof of flight is enough with application no, birth certificate not really needed

green2016 wrote: »
    Proof of flight is enough with application no, birth certificate not really needed

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi steloide is there any chance you can confirm the date you applied

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just got a call, passport ready to collect in Mount Street tomorrow afternoon. Fair play to them, they may be under pressure but popping in with your proof of travel and having a chat with them does wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there any point in trying to contact them on Twitter, have a renewal application in and the tracking shows an expected issue date of 03/06, but am flying out on the 01/06 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there any point in trying to contact them on Twitter, have a renewal application in and the tracking shows an expected issue date of 03/06, but am flying out on the 01/06 ?

None really, they're too slammed to answer the phone or Twitter. Get into Mount Street, bring proof of travel and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My daughters is in the post, less than a week after I sent in the extra documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

They received mine on the 4th May and just checked there now, it has been printed and will be sent within 2 working days! not bad...It was a renewal

Quick question, if the amount that the hire company want to block on your credit card is more than your credit limit, what happens?
    I only have 1500 limit on mine, it seems most companies block a lot more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pk10216

Passport at stage 5 of 6 since Wednesday. Do I have to wait until I have an post tracking number before I know its posted? Its say. "Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed.

Your Passport has been printed. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.". How hong does postage normally take as I'm very tight for time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

pk10216 wrote: »
    Passport at stage 5 of 6 since Wednesday. Do I have to wait until I have an post tracking number before I know its posted? Its say. "Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed.

Your Passport has been printed. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.". How hong does postage normally take as I'm very tight for time.

mine wasn't posted until it was updated with the tracking number. I was tight on time too and asked about postage time and passport office said An Post guaranteed them next day delivery for the passports so once it's posted you should have it the following day.

sillysocks wrote: »
    mine wasn't posted until it was updated with the tracking number. I was tight on time too and asked about postage time and passport office said An Post guaranteed them next day delivery for the passports so once it's posted you should have it the following day.

That's great cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Hi I'm applying for my first Irish passport. I am a uk citizen but living here 20 years.
    So I could get an Irish passport 2 ways, one is that I was born to Irish parents, the other is post nuptial.
    Problem is I'm not sure what documents I need!
    I have my own birth cert, my marriage cert and my parents marriage cert. I don't have my parents birth Certs.
    Any advice as to what docs I need for either option?
    I don't think it's clear on the form.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

You will need to track them down.

Thanks. Would I need them even I use the post nuptial option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin1924

Hello everyone, Is anyone applied passport on 27th April or end of april, As i applied any uptil today my passport is on stage 2, Where as my friend applied the same day as i did and got his passport today in post, Please guide what should i do. Thanks

I applied on 27th as well, current tracking info: "Passport is printed and will issue no later than 18/05/2016" no passport in the post today and i havent been given an post tracking number. Not sure whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin1924

pk10216 wrote: »
    I applied on 27th as well, current tracking info: "Passport is printed and will issue no later than 18/05/2016" no passport in the post today and i havent been given an post tracking number. Not sure whats happening

Yours will be with you tuesday for sure, But any idea why my application is stuck at stage 2 since 6th May. Is their any problem with my application etc or ots normal that application can be on stage 2 for 3 weeks. Please reply

Dublin1924 wrote: »
    Yours will be with you tuesday for sure, But any idea why my application is stuck at stage 2 since 6th May. Is their any problem with my application etc or ots normal that application can be on stage 2 for 3 weeks. Please reply

Mine was at stage 2 until around 17th May and then shot up to stage 5. Its near impossible to get them on phone so maybe try twitter if your really under pressure to get it soon, but a lot can happen in a day it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

roundone wrote: »
    Thanks. Would I need them even I use the post nuptial option?

Isn't that a naturalisation option which costs €€€€. Irrespective of you were born to Irish parents (with limited exceptions) you are already an Irish citizen and don't need to be naturalised.

Obtaining the birth certs is quite easy with minimal information; certainly easier than a naturalisation process.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement