Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Supervillain Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Veidt already won 35 minutes ago. (This is a vote for him).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Geez you step away for a few hours to go see Civil War (amazing by the way) and miss all the action here. ;)
    Good to see it's chugging along nicely - and I would've voted for the winners of nearly every round so far anyway.

I like Mr. Freeze for this round, so my vote is with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Dunno on this one. I wouldn't count either of them among my personal top rated villains. Ozymandias plan was a bit convoluted albeit brilliantly executed. He's a good villain but I don't find much about him particularly interesting.

Mr Freeze is twisted which is a great trait to have in a villain plus the whole freezing thing is great and reminds me of Sub Zero one of my favourite characters from Mortal Kombat. I'd much rather it was a natural thing though like Iceman or Sub Zero rather than a gun.

Anyway it took me a while to get there but what I'm trying to say is ill go with Mr Freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Mr Freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mr. Freeze

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ozy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mr. Freeze ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ozymandias is put on ice as Mr. Freeze reaches Round 2. Next up it's an all-Marvel clash.

Sandman

250px-Tboltssandman.jpg

VS

The Mandarin

250px-Mandrin1.jpg

It's Spider-Man's shape-shifting enemy, Sandman, taking on the archenemy of Iron Man, The Mandarin.

Which villain goes forward? Cast your votes now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The mandarin

I like Sandman but years ago watching Iron Man's animated series I loved the Mandarin.

Iron Man 3 pretty much pi$$ed all over the character though which i thought was a disgrace.

The Mandarin gets my vote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mandarin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,304 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Mandarin

A tide of votes washes away Sandman's hopes as the Mandarin advances. Next up we have a battle of two of Batman's enemies.

The Penguin

250px-PenguinBatman.png

VS

Scarecrow

250px-DETECTIVE_COMICS_-23.3_THE_SCARECROW_%28vol.2_2013%29.jpg

It's the umbrella-sporting crime boss, Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin, taking on the master of scare tactics, Dr Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow.

Which villain deserves to reach the second round? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Scarecrow.

The Penguin

The Penguin

Scarecrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Penguin. Very close though

After a very tight battle it is The Penguin who lands the decisive shot to progress to round 2. Next up we have a battle of two X-Men villains.

Dark Phoenix

250px-XMen135.jpg

VS

Sabretooth

250px-Sabretooth_X-Men162.jpg

It's Jean Grey's dark alter ego, Dark Phoenix, taking on one of Wolverine's signature foes, Sabretooth.

Which one reaches round 2? Cast your votes now.

Dark Phoenix is more powerful but I like Sabretooth so he gets my vote.

Sabretooth

• Advertisement

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Sabretooth mauls Dark Phoenix to reach Round 2. We are at the halfway stage of Round 1 and still have plenty of big baddies to come. Next up we have a Marvel vs DC clash.

Ultron

Ultron2013.jpg

VS

Vandal Savage

250px-VandalSavage.jpg

It's the enemy of the Avengers, Ultron, taking on the immortal, long-time villain of the DC universe, Vandal Savage.

Who ought to reach Round 2? Vote now.

Vandal Savage. Much more interesting character

Eh, tough one actually. Both good characters, and I do love the idea of Ultron and the AI aspect of his character, but Vandal Savage is just an evil sonofabi**h which makes for a better overall villain. I think I'll go with Vandal Savage on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Forget the rubbish Movie Version we saw Ultron is a fantasticlly flawed character built off the mindset of a guy who used to beat his wife Ultron for me class classic Avengers villain

Vandal Savage

Vandal Savage lives on as he reaches the next round. Our next encounter is a DC vs Marvel clash.

The Joker

250px-Joker_%28Alex_Ross%29.jpg

VS

The Abomination

250px-Hulk-159.jpg

It's Batman's archenemy, the psychopathic Joker, taking on the enemy of The Hulk, the superhuman Abomination.

Who reaches Round 2? Cast your votes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Joker.

• Advertisement

Only one winner here and that's The Joker.

Advertisement