Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Supervillain Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Grodd. I've never been big on Mystique but I really really hate her since the new X-movies because I really really hate Jennifer Lawrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mystique

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Grodd. I've never been big on Mystique but I really really hate her since the new X-movies because I really really hate Jennifer Lawrence.

the tie is basically over but I have to throw a vote in for Mystique. I don't hate Jennifer Lawrence but I do find her really annoying - Rebecca Romijn is Mystique for me! what a woman! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In what turned out to be a very close battle, it's Gorilla Grodd that swings into Round 2. Three spots remain to be filled. And this next one is arguably the tie of the round. It's an all-Marvel clash featuring two iconic doctors...

Doctor Octopus

250px-Doctoroctopus.png

VS

Doctor Doom

250px-Ff247.png

It's one of Spider-Man's most memorable opponents, Doctor Octopus, taking on the archenemy of the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom.

Which of these docs takes your fancy for the next round? A big casualty is guaranteed here. Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Doc Ock

Doc Ock. real iconic villain and Alfred Molina did a great job portraying him in Spiderman 2

Doc Ock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jesus lads, Doctor Doom is possibly the best Marvel villain there is..!!

I wasn't expecting Dr. Doom to go out there tbh but I knew Doc Ock would have a lot of fans, and it's Doc Ock who moves into the next stage.

We now reach the penultimate tie of the round and it features two of Spidey's foes.

Electro

Electro.png

VS

The Lizard

The-Lizard-Comic-Book-Character.jpg

It's the villain who can manipulate electricity, played by Jamie Foxx in Electro's film debut, taking on Dr. Curt Connors' dangerous alter ego, The Lizard.

Who reaches Round 2? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

The Lizard

The Lizard..

I know his live action debut wasn't great but remembering Spideys animated series from way back when ive always loved Lizard so he gets my vote here

The Lizard savages Electro to reach the next round. Now it's time for the final tie of Round 1 (and also the final tie of this evening) and it's a clash of two Marvel villains.

General Thunderbolt Ross aka Red Hulk

ThunderboltRoss.jpg220px-Redhulk.png

VS

The Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin_%28Marvel_Comics%29.png

It's one of The Hulk's arch-enemies, and the father of Banner's beloved Betty, who would go on to become the Red Hulk, General 'Thunderbolt' Ross, taking on a Spider-Man villain that has been played by several people historically, The Hobgoblin.

Which of these characters takes the final spot in Round 2? Vote now.

Red HULK

The Hobgoblin

Red Hulk.

ill go with Red Hulk here

The Hobgoblin is sent crashing to earth as Red Hulk charges on.

That brings us to the end of Round 1 and we now have our 32 qualified supervillains.

I aim to have the first tie of Round 2 up on Monday evening, probably after 5 pm, so keep an eye out for that. :cool:

I have completed the draw for Round 2 and can reveal we have some very tasty ties on the way. I'm fascinated to see how it plays out so let's waste no time in getting the round up and running.

Like the last round, the first villain to reach 3 votes will go through.

Our first tie of this round will be an all-Marvel encounter.

Madame Hydra

Madame_Hydra_Viper.JPG

VS

Loki

225px-Loki_Laufeyson_Earth_616.jpg

It's one of the enemies of The Avengers and X-Men, Madame Hydra aka Viper, taking on the archenemy of Thor, Loki.

Which villain should reach the round of 16? Vote now.

• Advertisement

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Loki

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Loki.

Loki destroys Madame Hydra's hopes to reach the next stage. Next up we have a pretty unusual DC Comics clash.

Harley Quinn

220px-HarleyQuinn1.jpg

VS

Darkseid

250px-DarkseidCrain.jpg

It's the agile associate of The Joker, Harley Quinn, versus one of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe, Darkseid.

Who ought to reach the round of 16? Cast your votes now.

A lot of people would probably go for Harley but I'm gonna go for Darkseid here

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Darkseid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Darkseid.

Harley

Harley

• Advertisement

Harley Quinn

Advertisement