Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Supervillain Tournament!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Magneto !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Joker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Joker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow, an exciting semi-final there in which I thought we were going to see The Joker have the smile wiped off his face. Magneto led 4-2 at one point (!), but The Joker turned it around and came through.

We now have our final two villains and I will shortly post up the details of the final. Stay tuned...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

The time has come, ladies and gents. We started off with 64 of the most dastardly supervillains around and now we have our final 2. It will be a Marvel vs DC showdown involving two mischievous and malevolent foes and it will be down to you fine folks to determine which villain comes out on top.

As was the case with the Best Superhero tournament, to ensure maximum participation, in this final we will have a 24 hour time limit for receiving votes. Simply put, the supervillain with the most votes by this time tomorrow will be the winner!

(Note - if it's a tie after the time limit expires then I will do a Ceann Comhairle job and cast a vote to break the deadlock.)

Now let us eye up the finalists...

Loki

225px-Loki_Laufeyson_Earth_616.jpg

Path to the Final

Rd 1 - Defeated Black Adam
    Rd 2 - Defeated Madame Hydra
    Rd of 16 - Defeated The Green Goblin
    Q-Finals - Defeated The Kingpin
    S-Finals - Defeated Thanos

VS

The Joker

250px-Joker_%28Alex_Ross%29.jpg

Path to the Final

Rd 1 - Defeated Abomination
    Rd 2 - Defeated General Zod
    Rd of 16 - Defeated Kraven the Hunter
    Q-Finals - Defeated Apocalypse
    S-Finals - Defeated Magneto

It is over to yourselves to determine which supervillain triumphs. The vote will close tomorrow aka Friday, May 6th, at 10 p.m.

So boardsies, for the final time in this game, cast your votes now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The one and only. The man who makes Batmans story the best in the superhero universe. The Joker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

The Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Once again, I could toss a coin, it's that close, but I've decided to go with Loki and I think a lot of that does come down to Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of the character.

Loki for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Loki for the win !!! for coming from absolutely know where in media terms was always a fantastic character but nobody really knew him until the 1st thor movie, where as the joker has had a presence in media since the 60s with the crappy tv show

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The Joker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Joker

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Joker without a doubt!
    He is the ultimate supervillain.

The whole intrigue of the Joker is that he is nameless, pure evil and also hilarious and likeable.

Joker all the way!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I voted for the Joker, but I loved Neil Gaiman's use of Loki in his Sandman stories... a brilliant version of the trickster...

We started with 64 of the most ruthless supervillains around but now we have the one that stands above them all. The supervillain who the users of Boards have decided is the number one bad guy around. And that supervillain is...

The Joker!

250px-Joker_%28Alex_Ross%29.jpg

The maniacal Joker has triumphed! In a truly nail-biting final battle it is The Joker that takes the tie by 8 votes to 7.

Loki fans almost got their choice over the line. Loki led the bout right from the start and at various points led 5-2 and 6-3, but The Joker's fans ensured it was tied at 7-7 and it was the final vote by lougal88 that took The Joker into the lead for the first time in the match - a lead he would not relinquish.

If it had finished as a tie then I would have had to break the deadlock and my vote would have gone to The Joker. Although I like Loki, I have hugely enjoyed The Joker's movie portrayals but especially Mark Hamill's portrayal in the animated series, and that would have sealed my vote.

That then wraps up the supervillain tournament. My thanks once again to everyone for their involvement and helping it run smoothly.

What's next...?

So we've done a best superhero tournament, and now a best supervillain tournament. Where to next? Well, I propose we finish this whole shebang off in the only fitting way possible - let's pair the superheroes and supervillains off against one another!

I will take our final 32 of the superhero tournament and our final 32 of the supervillain tournament, pair 'em off, and have them face each other in a final, ultimate tournament. Will it be Batman that emerges on top? Will The Joker have the last laugh? Or will we see an upset and a new character stand tall?

I hope to launch the Superhero vs Supervillain tournament this Sunday, May 8th, in the evening. I hope to see you there.

Now all that's left to do is hit that Partyman song by Prince and let The Joker do his victory dance. As for Mr Wayne and the rest of the superheroes, get ready because the supervillains are coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Again great job Mr.Nice Guy thank you!

Advertisement