Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

What's that bollox about "copy and paste no sharing" surely it's the exact same outcome whether you c&p or share?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

mud wrote: »
    What's that bollox about "copy and paste no sharing" surely it's the exact same outcome whether you c&p or share?

I'd love to know too.

Maybe it's to protect whatever gobsh1te who started it from getting reported for spam?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

mud wrote: »

Maybe its started by someone who reads this thread and wants to see how much ****e they can get people to post/believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That bloody dog!!!!
    For all close to me and many, many more sadly this is very poignant, and will forever be in our minds and hearts. In support of everyone I know who wrestled with the black dog....Yes depression is relentless. A lot of us have been close to that edge, and some have lost friends and loved ones. Let's look out for each other and stop sweeping mental illness under the rug.
    If I don't see your name, I'll understand.
    May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. Hope to see this on the walls of my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! I did it for someone close to me and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, no Sharing! (Hold screen to copy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Copy and paste to show support for anyone who has any worries at all... because it's so rare to have worries right? Fcuk sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I know that not everyone will do this!!! May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have stubbed their toe, stepped on a plug in their bare feet or knelt on Lego just to show how passive aggressive you are and that you'll do anything for likes. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. Hope to see this on the walls of my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will because your lives are so empty!!! I did it for someone close to me just so I could rub it in their faces and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, no Sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

kitten_k wrote: »
    That bloody dog!!!!
    You have to copy and paste this one, no Sharing! (Hold screen to copy)

Almost always guaranteed to generate a small ICT support thread in comments below too.

"Wats de 'Hold Screen'?"
    "I kant get de coping working neither"
    "U need 2 hold down the mouse hun"
    "Wen holding de screen?"
    "I'll PM ya hun"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Loughc wrote:
    Utter cringe. You know you could also have a moment by spending time with your daughter other than fishing for likes.

A girl I used to work with put this up with a picture her and her daughter dressed in the exact same outfit! I cringed hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Keeping on topic with the proud mammy posts, this is the latest steaming pile of horse manure doing the rounds....Answers removed!

Age I Got Pregnant
    Age I Gave Birth
    Due Date
    Day I Gave Birth
    Pain Relief
    Time In Labour
    Time Born
    Natural or CSection
    Weight
    Sex

Name

Comment with yours if you're a proud mommy
    ��
    �� will leave clean copy in the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

ok so people keep asking me if im bipolar and the answer is no im straight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sharpey85

A lad I know changed his profile picture 7 times yesterday.

Saying that it is once or twice most days. I've had the same one for years

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

This 'tat' business drives me mad. Tat instead of That. I can understand people writing Dis instead of this or Dat instead of That because that's how it sounds when they say it, but 'tat'!? No one in any county on this island pronounces 'that' as 'tat' in their accent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This 'tat' business drives me mad. Tat instead of That. I can understand people writing Dis instead of this or Dat instead of That because that's how it sounds when they say it, but 'tat'!? No one in any county on this island pronounces 'that' as 'tat' in their accent

I have a 50 year old man in my FB friend list who likes expensive smartphones but must have "Tat" pre programmed into his Google Keyboard or something....

He generally always has better phones than me and in all the years we are friends he still can does not bother spelling "that" correctly...

I think it's a leftover trait from the Nokia lazy texting days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

"12 mths of da cigs 2day."

To me, that reads like she took up smoking a year ago and is proud of it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

sharpey85 wrote: »

My Dad is always doing this and I've tried explaining to him how irritating that is for people on his timeline but he doesn't get it.
    He also puts up pics of his holidays which he ALREADY put up before.

He also puts those quotes and poems up.
    I wish he wasn't on FB or that the novelty would have worn off by now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

fussyonion wrote: »
    My Dad is always doing this

Nightmare! Thankfully my folks aren't on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

My Dad is always doing this and I've tried explaining to him how irritating that is for people on his timeline but he doesn't get it.

unfollow him; he won't know, his posts just won't appear in your timeline any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sharpey85 wrote: »

I know a guy who does this too, it's not 7 times a day but it probably goes from every second day to twice a day some times.
    If it's not his profile pic that's changing its his cover.

I'd say he probably has some confidence issues, but the pics he chooses aren't always the most, eh, flattering anyway so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Amazing!

I'm normally pretty good at translating gibberish but that really had me stumped.

They didn't really die. Think that's the bit that had me confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

loyatemu wrote: »
    unfollow him; he won't know, his posts just won't appear in your timeline any more.

I have pretty much unfollowed everyone on Facebook. My feed just has the few pages I like to follow and a few friends who don't post sh*t all the time. Unfollowing is a great option for someone who you are friends with but can't stand the sh*t they put on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

"12 mths of da cigs 2day."

To me, that reads like she took up smoking a year ago and is proud of it! :D

Saw a similar one before,

"So proud off myself 3 months of the smokes"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Change the settings on his account when he isn't paying attention.

Set all of his updates to "only me".

I doubt he'll even notice.

MrVestek wrote: »

Genius! :D

pc7 wrote: »
    Genius! :D

Heh thanks. I've been called worse. :P

MrVestek wrote: »

While that's a great suggestion, a lot of folk, especially those around our parents age are actually mad for "likes", in the sense they don't want to go viral but they do definitely track how popular a picture is and so on.

razorblunt wrote: »
    While that's a great suggestion, a lot of folk, especially those around our parents age are actually mad for "likes", in the sense they don't want to go viral but they do definitely track how popular a picture is and so on.

It could end up as comedy gold for this thread, they won't know no one else can't see it and will be fighting with 'aunty mary', 'cousin billy' cause they aren't liking their photos :D

It could end up as comedy gold for this thread, they won't know no one else can't see it and will be fighting with 'aunty mary', 'cousin billy' cause they aren't liking their photos :D

I totally didn't have an ulterior motive. :P

Ha ha that's a great shout. Or they'll start vague booking about not getting acknowledged only to have their anger compounded when they don't see the usual "U Ok hun?" replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ha ha that's a great shout. Or they'll start vague booking about not getting acknowledged only to have their anger compounded when they don't see the usual "U Ok hun?" replies!

The "U Ok hun?" replies are a solid symbol of our intelligence as a species, please don't mock...

I had to re-read a girls status due to her using "anal" as a substitute of "and all". Throughout the entire thing I thought it was a tad bit odd for her to keep mentioning butt sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know that not everyone will do this!!! May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have stubbed their toe, stepped on a plug in their bare feet or knelt on Lego just to show how passive aggressive you are and that you'll do anything for likes. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. Hope to see this on the walls of my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will because your lives are so empty!!! I did it for someone close to me just so I could rub it in their faces and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, no Sharing!

I'm sticking this on my facebook page right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement