Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

When do the game collection take cash for pre orders again? Is it straight away?

They take it when they are preparing to ship it, not straight away, same as Amazon basically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They took the money for my preorder of Starfox Zero, and that's looking like it is delayed!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They took the money for my preorder of Starfox Zero, and that's looking like it is delayed!

If you pre order using PayPal 28 days before the games release, they will take money after 28 days, something that I did not know.
    Credit/Debit Card Payment for pre-orders will be taken 1-3 days before the official release date once we have the items in stock and ready to ship. Payment for orders placed using PayPal will be captured when we dispatch your items unless your order was placed more than 28 days before the official release date. In this case your payment will be captured within 28 days of your order placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

sligeach wrote: »
    Hyrule Warriors Legends characters running on Wii U

https://youtu.be/Wh4e2omN9Aw

Been meaning to ask this, but do you only get these characters if you own Legends on 3ds, or can you just unlock them on the Wii version anyway through the virtual store? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that the characters are unlocked via a code from the 3DS version, but I'd rather be wrong on this one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Star Lord wrote: »
    I think that the characters are unlocked via a code from the 3DS version, but I'd rather be wrong on this one...

Thats what Ive heard too. Which is a shame, not getting the other extras like the Wind Waker Adventure map. Been speculation of another DLC pack of characters and the other new extras for WiiU but probably just a fevered wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Thats what Ive heard too. Which is a shame, not getting the other extras like the Wind Waker Adventure map. Been speculation of another DLC pack of characters and the other new extras for WiiU but probably just a fevered wish.

I'm fairly certain there'll be another DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors with all the 3DS content. It's there, they probably want to get the sales from 3DS first before announcing it on Wii U. Nintendo like any other company love money and as it goes this is easy money.

It's Koei Temco, rather than Nintendo, but yeah, I't be somewhat baffling if they didn't release it as (paid) DLC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to remind you shower, games night in mine this evening, plenty of Nintendo goodness to play, as well as a few other consoles as well.
    If anyone is in the Swords area, you are welcome to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

So march we have Zelda, Pokken, Mario and Sonic n March with Lego Star Wars in June.

Anything else confirmed ? Really need a direct over Easter/May with some game announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

star fox should be in there somewhere, not sure about the release date tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Gamepad battery today.

I see Nintendos 2550mAh one is £28 sterling plus delivery.

Then I see this 3600mAh one is £9.50 sterling.

What am I missing here? Why is the larger one dirt cheap compared to the Nintendo one? Is it fake or whats the craic here? And if so, can someone point me in the direction of a big high capacity battery that's reliable and not a knock off?

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Just to remind you to shower, games night in mine this evening

What I read at first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lads,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Gamepad battery today.

I see Nintendos 2550mAh one is £28 sterling plus delivery.

Then I see this 3600mAh one is £9.50 sterling.

What am I missing here? Why is the larger one dirt cheap compared to the Nintendo one? Is it fake or whats the craic here? And if so, can someone point me in the direction of a big high capacity battery that's reliable and not a knock off?

Cheers.

If you order one please update this, I was thinking of getting a new battery for my gamepad as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Yeah I reckon I will be getting one. The safe bet is the official Nintendo one. You can't go wrong with that. It's tried and tested.

BUT, the other one claims more capacity, but is suspiciously cheaper, so there's a risk involved there. In fact, I was looking at another site there and it stated:
    Marked Capacity 3000 mAh
    Actual Capacity 2500 mAh

So I'm thinking a lot of the descriptions on those Chinese knocks off are, quite frankly, b****x!

I could just get the official one and not worry again. OR I can risk the 3rd party one. The upside to that is a huge battery. Downside is possibly burning my house down...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon I will be getting one. The safe bet is the official Nintendo one. You can't go wrong with that. It's tried and tested.

BUT, the other one claims more capacity, but is suspiciously cheaper, so there's a risk involved there. In fact, I was looking at another site there and it stated:
    Marked Capacity 3000 mAh
    Actual Capacity 2500 mAh

So I'm thinking a lot of the descriptions on those Chinese knocks off are, quite frankly, b****x!

I could just get the official one and not worry again. OR I can risk the 3rd party one. The upside to that is a huge battery. Downside is possibly burning my house down...

I got lucky last year, got the official battery from Amazon.fr. for €16. I checked the price of it there and it's €38 now. It may well come down in price again but it's hard to know. I'd highly recommend it though, it lasts 2-3 times as long as the regular one.

Edit: Amazon.it seem to be the cheapest in Europe atm, it's €29.90. I've no idea what the delivery charge is though as I've never ordered from there.

Wright wrote: »
    What I read at first :P

Only your mod came along, from the Ninty forum.
    Oh, what fun you missed...
    Famicom thrills on my PVM monitor.
    A bit of MK Double Dash earlier on.
    The opportunity to talk to people face to face about burning issues like, why Nintendo is awesome.
    Ah yes....
    Next time perhaps...

Only your mods came along, from the Ninty forum.
    Oh, what fun you missed...
    Famicom thrills on my PVM monitor.
    A bit of MK Double Dash earlier on.
    The opportunity to talk to people face to face about burning issues like, why Nintendo is awesome.
    Ah yes....
    Next time perhaps...
    FYP!!!

Also: I missed out on some Double Dash!?!?!???

Just me and Cidonalad, before you all turned up.

It's pretty amazing still.

Stay away from those Chinese gamepad batteries. I bought one, supposed to have higher capacity than the official one. It only lasted the same length as the normal battery and knackered out in week. Sure they're cheap but it's no good if it can't keep a charge for any length.

• Advertisement

I suppose, ultimately, you get what you pay for and dodgy goods from China clone merchants means that quality control takes a back seat to making a fast euro. I would assume that, had the WiiU been a stellar success, we might have seen replacements of a greater capacity turning up.
    That said, the PS3 controllers have a larger space inside for what one would think might be for a larger battery in every sense, yet it never materialised, and that format sold vast numbers.

There was a question about Nintendo on The Chase just now. "Which Japanese video games companies name translates as 'leave luck to heaven'"? The contestant got it right. First Nintendo ad I've seen in ages. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've two orders for TLOZ, Special Edition One from Germany is €61 delivered.

I haven't checked the price in a while, so don't know if that's any good. I am going to cancel it, unless someone else wants it?

EDIT

Cancelled. It's way cheaper everywhere else.

Star Fox Zero. The game is supposed to be out next month but we haven't heard or seen a thing in months.

I don't know, does that mean it still has problems but they just want to be done with it regardless? They should take their time I believe but they could be beyond the point of diminishing returns. I don't think it'll be very good but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and eat those words.

sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox Zero. The game is supposed to be out next month but we haven't heard or seen a thing in months.

I don't know, does that mean it still has problems but they just want to be done with it regardless? They should take their time I believe but they could be beyond the point of diminishing returns. I don't think it'll be very good but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and eat those words.

My Amazon delivery date has been changed to the 30th of March.

Xenji wrote: »
    My Amazon delivery date has been changed to the 30th of March.

Mine says
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Allyall wrote: »
    Mine says

Ordered mine from Amazon.es, it says on the product page the 30th of March, may just be a new placeholder date though.

Xenji wrote: »
    Ordered mine from Amazon.es, it says on the product page the 30th of March, may just be a new placeholder date though.

Show Off.

Yeah, mine is Amazon UK. I made it on the 11th of December. (£32.00)

Allyall wrote: »
    Show Off.

€28.99 as well a few weeks back :p

• Advertisement

Playtonic have added a couple more ex Rare staff to the development of Yooka-Laylee.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/more-veterans-join-playtonic/

Advertisement