Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The European Nintendo Selects games have been revealed:
    The new additions include platformers New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, multiplayer antics in Wii Party U, and solo adventures The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and LEGO City Undercover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The European Nintendo Selects games have been revealed:

Lego City? Everybody should pick that game up! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They finally reprinted Windwaker? Thank christ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm missing Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Hyrule Warriors from the WiiU collection, I know there's the likes of Mario Ultra Tennis as well, but who could be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CdLcwgkW0AAzk5Q.jpg:large

Nintendo Land is also included as part of the Nintendo Selects range.

Like Wii Party U I'm not sure it's much of a bargain but it does allow people to now buy it new separately from the console bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »

Nintendo Land is also included as part of the Nintendo Selects range.

Like Wii Party U I'm not sure it's much of a bargain but it does allow people to now buy it new separately from the console bundle.

You could always buy it seperately. It's been hovering around £10 for most of last year and just recently gone up to £18.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-8332-Land/dp/B00844QZCQ/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some new word's on Zelda Wii U from Aonuma

“When we did Skyward Sword for the Wii, at the end stages of development, I was in charge of the characters’ dialogue and the in-game text. And, now as well, it’s like it was then. I had to work on text today, too. But, the game has really taken shape, and things have gotten easier. That means things are progressing well.”

“I think the base of our secret sauce has always been Ocarina of Time. But this time, the change in flavor will be like going from Japanese food to Western style food. Perhaps, players will be surprised"

That's a pretty interesting statement, sounds like some big changes instore.

Sounds like its far from being finished. We'll see at E3 I suppose.

Mario and lego city will be mine, lovely price that is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think they are talking there about the obvious parallels with the open world rpg scene on the other consoles, Witcher and Elder Scrolls, which is what they were talking about waaaay back in last years E3 when they discussed the game having a far more open, well, world....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does anyone know where i can pick up a e shop card tonight ?. As i have money in my paypal and wont to use it.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where i can pick up a e shop card tonight ?. As i have money in my paypal and wont to use it.

Like online or off? Tesco and supervalu sell them, otherwise does the shop not take paypal?

Like online or off? Tesco and supervalu sell them, otherwise does the shop not take paypal?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Edit : ignore the rest, is this working ?
    https://www.paypal-gifts.com/de/marken/nintendo-eshop-cards.html

I've only ever seen the UK cards for sale - you can't have both a Sterling and Euro balance, I think it wipes your existing balance if you try to change country but if your balance is currently zero sure.. CDKeys sell them I think.
    http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/eshop-topup-cards
    Sterling cards sold in Dollars to Euro customers. Genius!

If it's for WiiU I think you can
    Set your console country to UK
    set up a second NNID
    You can now apply your £ to the new account, download software etc.
    Changed your console back to Ireland
    Log out and back in under your original NNID. And set that as your default so you don't have to pick an NNID on startup every time.
    Confirm that you can play the software bought from UK ehop
    If it doesn't work, realise what a fool you were to listen to some chump on the internet
    IF it does, fall to your knees and kiss my feet.

That's a list of instructions, even though it looks more like a poem

Banjo wrote: »

Never knew about that. Not exactly user friendly for us and for me it only lets you choose an amount but goes no further. Is it region locked? On the Wii U eShop itself the only options I ever see for payment are a Nintendo eShop card or a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tried the Paypal link would not let me buy off it last night.

In the end I went to all key site and got one from a link on that.

So I pinked up pokemon yellow last night ha ha.

Also thinking of getting the trading card game as I used to love it but remanber it was quite hard as well. Pitty the 2nd one never came out here

sligeach wrote: »
    Never knew about that. Not exactly user friendly for us and for me it only lets you choose an amount but goes no further. Is it region locked? On the Wii U eShop itself the only options I ever see for payment are a Nintendo eShop card or a credit card.

I can get as far as putting in my paypal details, but since I don't want to buy a card I stopped there. There's a pop-up that you have to acknowledge to confirm you've read Ts and Cs after you choose to buy for yourself / gift, but that only worked if I viewed the page in it's original german. If you're using a translation plugin or Google Translate it doesn't appear to function correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I went to a "Made in Asia" event in Brussels this weekend and I must say, whether its a case that the EU "gets" the Wii U more or what, it was quite high in Ninty goodness.

Dedicated stands to play Pokken, Smash and Mario Kart competitions on big screens. The mob gathered around the Kart stall was something to behold.

A dedicated booth for Twilight Princess where you got a free printed picture of your group superimposed on a Hyrule background. (And it was emailed to me to me afterwards also, with more info in French and Flemish on Zelda stuff!)

A "museum" of Pokémon and Zelda special console editions (handheld and home) and artwork. Wandering Pikachu for further photo ops. A dancing stand for Yo_Kai Watch. (My 5 year old wanted to give it a go, but got nervous with her dance instructor, so I had to join in and face down the disdain of the staring squad. It was like the closing scene of Little Miss Sunshine). The family have been singing that damn song ever since.

And Ninty support also sorted out my upgrade to new3DS (I don't have my old 3DS XL with me), by email and within an hour of me sending my initial email. All in all, a great bunch of lads.

There's a demo for Pokken! Surprisingly. It's pretty fun, just not 60 quids fun.

There was a question just now on Tipping Point.

In Japan 2012, which video game company released the Wii U system?

The contestant got it wrong, they guessed Sony.

What's a Wii U? :confused:

• Advertisement

There's a demo for Pokken! Surprisingly. It's pretty fun, just not 60 quids fun.

Or, if you have no sense and bought it in Gamestop, 70 quids fun!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Or, if you have no sense and bought it in Gamestop, 70 quids fun!

Fortunately, none of us are that silly here yet (I think)

I've no time for Pokemon anything but tried out the demo to see what it's like. Very basic, there's only 3 fighters, the same stadium for each fight, best of 3 rounds and then back to the title screen but it plays alright. Charizard moves like a tank but Lucario is decent. Might buy it when it's cheap. But right now the asking price is too much. Haven't really been paying attention but I think the cheapest is €60.

Edit: Just checked online and you can get it for €52 delivered.

But on the high street the cheapest is €60.

Some of the select range is up on symths! Looks like 25 nicker each, which feels fair for some top quality games.

Is Minecraft story mode being released on disc?
    AdXr8u4.jpg

That looks like a code-in-a-box. Hard Drive Required and Season Pass suggest you're downloading off the eShop no matter what's in the box itself. (Which may have been your original point, I was never one for subtlety)

Banjo wrote: »
    That looks like a code-in-a-box. Hard Drive Required and Season Pass suggest you're downloading off the eShop no matter what's in the box itself. (Which may have been your original point, I was never one for subtlety)

I saw that last night for preorder, release date the 1st of June. Hadn't heard of it before. Was just curious as to what it was.
    I'm not as observant as yourself, I didn't notice the "hard drive required" :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Box does say disc though....

Allyall wrote: »
    Is Minecraft story mode being released on disc?
    AdXr8u4.jpg

They did say originally that it would eventually be released on disc.

• Advertisement

Even if you buy the other versions of the game on the other formats, it's still only the first chapter, the rest is downloaded.
    My son has it on the XB1 and loved it, see no reason to buy it again, though a physical release of the whole lot would be more future proof than relying on any of the console vendors to maintain server space for it indefinitely

Advertisement