Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a question.
    Im debating with the idea of moving the Wii U on.Honestly I haven't turned it on in about 8 months so its gathering dust here.
    8gb Version with a 250gb external drive with a few games on it.Plus about 7/8 disc game.Extra Pro controller aswell.Fully boxed up.

Question is this.

If I sell it on adverts could I sell it with my account still on it??I have a few games that I bought digitally and they would make it more attractive to a potential buyer.

Are the games tied to an account or to the console?

What would be a reasonable asking price for a Wii U with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The digitally purchased games are tied to the console, so I think even if you removed your account, they'd still be there. Not 100% sure on that though, as I've not been through that process. Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Star Lord wrote: »
    The digitally purchased games are tied to the console, so I think even if you removed your account, they'd still be there. Not 100% sure on that though, as I've not been through that process. Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

I've seen a few sell them with the games downloaded on them on Amazon, so it must be possible. How they do it I don't know.
    I'm guessing open a new account, make that the main account and remove your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

The games are tied to your account, but available to everyone on the console.

It's a weird system.

I berieve, that if you transferred your ID to another console, your buyer would no longer have access to the games. But I think that takes Nintendo support to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The games are tied to your account, but your account is tied to the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I was just browsing around and decided to have a look at thehut to see if they have any offers (I haven't gone to that site in a long time).

I thought this was a bit.. odd.
    It may also help see how nintendos marketing dept. aren't really working at full throttle, even in 2014.

From HERE (Job advertisement) April 2014
    Nintendo have partnered with The Hut Group to deliver their first ‘Direct to Consumer’ Nintendo Store.

February 2016
    http://www.thehut.com/catalogue/games/nintendo.list

Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014
    Pre-Order Mario Kart
    Pre-Order Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire

The Best Nintendo Games - Yoshi's New Island

This is the same group that runs their Nintendo UK store... I can't imagine any other company in the World would be that relaxed about their first "direct to consumer" store never updating, even through terrible sales slumps etc..
    I would expect to see all sorts of current preorders, current games, demos, news a blog etc..

I assume they never filled the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sizable update about Yooka-Laylee over on Playtonic's website, including a new character called Kartos, new challenge music and new staff.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/mein-kart-ist-ihre-kart/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Looks like some new Nintendo Selects games might be coming soon:
    nintendo-selects.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They're finally doing a reprint of ocarina of time? About bloody.... time! (ba dum tish)

I'd be all over Pikmin if it wasn't in that gross packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Looks like some new Nintendo Selects games might be coming soon:
    nintendo-selects.jpg

Brilliant, are these the first "budget" rereleases the Wii U has had? Been looking to get 3 of those for the kids (and my!) Collection on the Wii U.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, are these the first "budget" rereleases the Wii U has had? Been looking to get 3 of those for the kids (and my!) Collection on the Wii U.

Yes but these are for America. Nothing's been announced for Europe yet and we never got a physical release of NES Remix. If it happens here then hopefully their eShop price will be reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

sligeach wrote: »
    Yes but these are for America. Nothing's been announced for Europe yet and we never got a physical release of NES Remix.

Won't get my hopes up yet then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is the physical release a collection of both made available on the Eshop?
    I'd get it if so, I must pick up the collection for the 3DS too.

But I haven't picked up the marvelous Pikmin 3 yet, though I have the previous titles on both Wii and GC, finding it for €20 or close to would be class, also might be a chance of finding the first print one in CEX for even less *crosses fingers in misers fingerless gloves*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is the physical release a collection of both made available on the Eshop?
    I'd get it if so, I must pick up the collection for the 3DS too.

But I haven't picked up the marvelous Pikmin 3 yet, though I have the previous titles on both Wii and GC, finding it for €20 or close to would be class, also might be a chance of finding the first print one in CEX for even less *crosses fingers in misers fingerless gloves*

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

CiDeRmAn wrote:

Picked up Pikmin 3 from CEX in limerick last week, cost €30. Gamestop system has it for €20 but finding it in stock is another story. I'm currently playing it and loving it though, well worth the €30! I'm on day 20-something and I've only just managed to rescue Charlie. Hundreds of Pikmin have died in my effort. I feel terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Think I might start up Pikmin 2 later.

Got it for €5 in Xtra Vision a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I own Pikmin 3 never played 2 years later .... I have like 15 games for the WII U.

I have not finished one yet .......

Just think i like looking at the boxes ha ha.

I own Pikmin 3 never played 2 years later .... I have like 15 games for the WII U.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm still playing pikmin 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I find he biggest issue is getting completely hooked on one game.

I brought down DK Tropical Freeze to start and Arkham Knight but I can't get myself to take Mario Maker out of the disc drive. 80 odd hours in!! For me that's a lot.

I had the same problem with Destiny on PS4 with well over 200 hours which was a serious addiction. Finally kicked that one in time for Street Fighter V thankfully.

But yeah sooooo many games don't get a go just because one other robs all my time!

I'm slower to buy games these days though because of it. That said my backlog is so big I could never buy another game and have enough to see me into retirement.

• Advertisement

I find he biggest issue is getting completely hooked on one game.

I brought down DK Tropical Freeze to start and Arkham Knight but I can't get myself to take Mario Maker out of the disc drive. 80 odd hours in!! For me that's a lot.

I had the same problem with Destiny on PS4 with well over 200 hours which was a serious addiction. Finally kicked that one in time for Street Fighter V thankfully.

But yeah sooooo many games don't get a go just because one other robs all my time!

I'm slower to buy games these days though because of it. That said my backlog is so big I could never buy another game and have enough to see me into retirement.

I'm the exact same. My backlog is enough to last several lifetimes. The backlog started with the Gamecube(never had the sheer amount of games available nor the money to buy them) and in reality I'll never catch up. I buy games knowing I'll never have the time to play them but just like to have them at least for my collection. Super Mario Maker is like some squatter in my disc drive, it refuses to leave. I've spent over 300 hours on it so far. Yes some of that is idle time but it's still scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm the exact same. My backlog is enough to last several lifetimes. The backlog started with the Gamecube(never had the sheer amount of games available nor the money to buy them) and in reality I'll never catch up. I buy games knowing I'll never have the time to play them but just like to have them at least for my collection. Super Mario Maker is like some squatter in my disc drive, it refuses to leave. I've spent over 300 hours on it so far. Yes some of that is idle time but it's still scary!

****ing hell 300 hours is impressive and scary and it definately makes me feel a bit better about not being the only one that does this.

Squatter in my disc drive me made laugh by the way. Hard to evict the little bollix!!

It's gotten to the point now where I really don't care if a game is delayed, part of me is quite happy about it if I'm honest knowing I won't get to it by launch.

......except you Street Fighter V. I'm going to play the hell out of you!!!!!

..don't worry Mario, we only have one TV and herself will want to use it at some point to watch whatever **** she watches. You'll live on due to off screen play.

I've only play about 1hr of the 80hrs on the telly. Mental.

I can't find the time any more!
    Last game I stuck major time into was Bloodborne, my Nintendo stuff is that which I dip in and out of, complete a level and move on, Super Mario 3D World, and Land for that matter, has yet to be completed!

Just to throw it out there, I'm having a night of games in my house on Saturday the 20th of this month. A crowd from the frankly epic Arcade and Retro forum will be there but the equally splendid Nintendo forum regulars are welcome to come along, Nintendo Goodness Guaranteed!
    Feel free to PM me for directions, I live out past Swords, in North Co Dublin.

Anyone play the Sonic racing game on the WII U ?. I played it before on the VITA and loved it but it had a few frame rate problems.

So how does it play on the WII U ?. As its only 15 euros in CEX

Anyone play the Sonic racing game on the WII U ?. I played it before on the VITA and loved it but it had a few frame rate problems.

It plays fine, I enjoyed it and didn't notice any problems.

Nintendo's eShop downloads are so bad for the forthcoming week(no games, no VC games and just a paltry 3 indie game discounts), there's speculation that we might get a Direct this week.

Been waiting long enough, lets hope.

• Advertisement

When do the game collection take cash for pre orders again? Is it straight away?

Advertisement