Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rumor about an unannounced, Nintendo-published Wii U game to be shared next week

This is sort of a new one! We have an announcement about a rumor coming sometime next week (update: Monday, see added forth tweet below).

Emily Rogers, Liam Robertson, and ShockingAlberto from NeoGAF have supposedly managed to dig up information regarding a new Wii U title. This is a Nintendo-published game as opposed to a third-party release. There’s apparently a decent amount of evidence behind the rumor, as 4-5 sources have provided information.

Rogers shared these messages on Twitter:

Knowing Emily, I don’t think she would be putting these tweets out there if she didn’t feel confident in her sources. Still, it’s important to keep in mind that this will be a rumor at the end of the day instead of something that’s being claimed as actual fact. We’ll see what happens come next week!
    http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-about-an-unannounced-nintendo-published-wii-u-game-to-be-shared-next-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Pikmin 4? Perhaps the new game ?

Yep, most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Pikmin 4? Perhaps the new game ?
    sligeach wrote: »
    Yep, most likely.

Definitely. (I betchya)

I thought it had been already announced (until I read it properly). I was reading something over the past week, I think when boards was down, and they were talking about the "First Draft" video .. Blah blah.. and went on to say "Nintendo have guaranteed a Zelda Wii U 2016 release" and "Pikmin 4 will be announced shortly as not to clash with the other expected releases"

Those quotes are from memory, I just follow links aimlessly sometimes, but I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently its paper mario

20ae8b87a3f621cad7f8f1c1dfded473.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's an....interesting choice to have another Paper Mario game made by Intelligent Systems, if true, after the slight Sticker Star debacle with Miyamoto. Nintendo do pop up with these surprise games from time to time.

I agree, I wouldn't have called it being a paper mario game after we just had paper jam. Maybe that was the point.....

So what's the story with Pikmin 4?
    A lot of stories saying that it's about to be announced.
    Mind you they are also saying that the 'first draft' video means that Zelda Wii U may get a Spring release. Surely if that was true we would definitely known by now. I don't believe that at all.

Please let there be no amiibo mentioned with this potential Paper Mario game. 0% that'll happen. I can already see a Mr. Game & Watch style Paper Mario amiibo.

Edit: A $h1t€, now I can see a range of amiibo cards. Paper Mario: Game of Cards. *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd say Paper Mario U will fill the end of May release slot.

• Advertisement

I hope it's not a HD port of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Fantastic game but I'd like a new title instead. My initial enthusiasm for TP HD has cooled dramatically to the point of starting to consider cancelling my pre order. It's minimalistic effort with a new game price and my disdain for amiibo and its practises.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see little myself in TPHD given the slight nature of the improvements and the fact I already own the GC and Wii editions of the game.
    I've got Paper Mario for the GC as well, so I'm hoping for a new title too.

At least Star Fox Zero is a new title, albeit one that looks very similar to the last Star Fox game!

I'd be happy with a HD remake of the thousand year door. I'd be much less happy with a HD remake of super paper mario, cos thats not nearly as good.

Speaking of these things, where the hell is our direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Speaking of these things, where the hell is our direct?

With the way they've been drip feeding some stuff over the last few days I'd say we won't be getting one until February.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I wouldn't mind a HD remake of 100 Year Door. My gamecube copy is long gone into the adverts/ebay/boards ether and I'd love a big cardboard box release with added amiibo.
    Just as long as there isn't cards.
    I'd prefer Pikmin 4 though.
    Or a remake of X-Men Next Dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I wouldn't mind a HD remake of 100 Year Door. My gamecube copy is long gone into the adverts/ebay/boards ether and I'd love a big cardboard box release with added amiibo.
    Just as long as there isn't cards.
    I'd prefer Pikmin 4 though.
    Or a remake of X-Men Next Dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭budgemook

Got a Wii U during the week after much deliberation. Enjoying it so far. Loving Mariokart and off TV play. Have yet to play Nintendoland, probably will tonight, and have a cheap (35 euro) copy of New Super Mario Bros coming from Amazon in a week or two.

The control pad is lovely to use, really like it. I have two Wii remotes organised with nunchucks so probably don't need a pro controller at this stage.

A little bit disappointed with the shop. I had see the US version and was expecting some titles to be available which aren't.

Next up I'll probably get a couple of classic games. I never had a DS or Gamecube - any games from them worth checking out?

Any online groups for playing Mariokart?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Facebook has Nintendo Ireland who were trying to run a Mario Kart 8 thing recently! :)

As for recommendations I'm not sure...

CliCliW wrote: »
    Facebook has Nintendo Ireland who were trying to run a Mario Kart 8 thing recently! :)

As for recommendations I'm not sure...

Link please? Nintendo don't have an Irish Facebook page as far as I can tell. Nintendo don't have anything Irish and nearly never do any promotions here. The last thing and possibly closest was the Zelda concert at the end of last year, but I doubt that's anything to do with Nintendo directly. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a Irish fan page to all things Ninty.
    A great idea and good luck to them.
    I joined up the other day myself.

• Advertisement

I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I posted the link a few days back in this thread...

I can't find them.

You need to buy the Irish amiibo to be able to access the page.

I can't find them.
    Star Lord wrote: »
    I posted the link a few days back in this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98464259&postcount=7014

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

^^ that's the one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played Mario Kart 8 last night for the first time in ages. First time playing the DLC tracks and the Mirror and 200cc. I thought Mirror mode was when you raced the tracks in the opposite direction. Wasn't that the case in previous games and not just flipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No I think they were always just flipped. Some levels have a verticality (gliding from a high spot to lower down) that wouldn't make sense going in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was sure I played Toad's Turnpike in reverse. Maybe it just seemed that way. Because I wanted to try mirror mode in this to see how they did tracks like the mountain.

Edit: Just looked it up and apparently it was. MK64 had it but then later ones flipped them
    http://mariokart.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Mode

Aonuma unsure about having Link speak in Zelda games

In an interview with GamesMaster this month, Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma shared some thoughts about the possibility of having Link speak. He does believe that this could be a good idea, but at the same time, he also “feels that that air of proud independence he has because he doesn’t speak is a precious part of the individuality of his character.”

Aonuma’s words in full:
    “We’ve had a lot of requests from fans to hear [Link’s] voice, and while in some ways I do feel that it could be good to have a game where he speaks, part of me also feels that that air of proud independence he has because he doesn’t speak is a precious part of the individuality of his character. I want to think long and hard about whether changing that would be for the better or not before I make any decision.”

Link has been known throughout the history of Zelda as being a silent protagonist. If he were to be given a voice, that would definitely have a notable impact on the series. How would you feel if Link spoke in a Zelda title?

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-unsure-about-having-link-speak-in-zelda-games/

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/gamesmaster-magazine-subscription/

• Advertisement

Don't make any of the zelda characters speak actual words, that sounds awful. Make them speak Hylian, like in twilight princess.

Tropical freeze is really good, I like it a lot more than returns on 3DS so far.

Advertisement