Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm hoping for a story like the above... :(

My cat Oscar has been missing since Friday evening around the Tourlestrane / Rhue / Tubbercurry area in Co. Sligo.

If anyone is from there or knows anyone down there, can you please keep an eye out and spread the word?

He's quite distinctive as his jaw is slightly misaligned:

11781858_980269925358890_4091834624286850164_n.jpg?oh=519f28445477b2d5751232ece9f8ad09&oe=564F69DF

11268000_10152853423541307_5900145924809974690_n.jpg?oh=e85b4fcd47b5a9d0ab5ad395f57d9738&oe=5659C140

11825015_10152857190316307_5787307586551949184_n.jpg?oh=ec1cb15a599651db1b963eb60e8ad7b1&oe=56553C06

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Hi Jimmy,

So sorry to hear about Oscar. I went through it myself years back with one of my cats. The thing that brought him home was that I had posters up on lamposts in the area and a neighbour was able to tell me Boots had been hanging around their garden but was limping. He had dislocated his hip and could not get over the wall into mine. My neighbours wouldn't have known him as he only went out supervised but like my cousin he escaped when we had visitors.
    Please also follow the advice on the sticky as these are your best options for getting him home.

Good luck and you and Oscar will be in my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

FOUND CAT DUBLIN 8
    Rialto / Fatima / SCR / Cork St / Dolphin's Barn area.
    Young neutered male. Grey / light brown tabby.

I don't know if he's starving & lost or just greedy and friendly!
    He started hanging around our back door about 3 weeks ago and is there morning & night. Very friendly and always wants to be up in your arms having cuddles! Obviously someone's pet or used to be.

11800470_10153495469824287_6170178349181805548_n.jpg?oh=81f95cbbdb14957de8424ffe73a36c08&oe=5611C44C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Found in Ballycullen/Hunterswood.

This elderly gent followed Gracie and I home a while ago. Great Dane/Lab cross, coat in beautiful condition but he's very skinny and limping a LOT so has clearly been straying a while. Wearing a red collar but no tags and he's not chipped. Hopefully someone is looking for him. If anyone on Facebook could share the post linked, that would also be great. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154057197932678&set=a.10150362189577678.433956.552147677&type=1

10437664_10154057197932678_1265841235558175580_n.jpg?oh=49dcc118e1619c8da9342831211bad20&oe=5641F72C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Owners found and collecting him today! I love a happy ending :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One of our cats, Holly escaped while taking her out of her cat carrier at a cattery in the Glenealy, Co. Wicklow area this afternoon, and disappeared into woodlands. She's very nervous, and will take some considerable patience to approach and catch if you do see her. She's a tabby, 13 years old, and microchipped.

16ktno5.jpg

Shot in the dark here, but...

Has anyone in the Greystones village area found a small black male cat, wearing a red collar, in the last two months? I only found out recently that a cat is missing from the Bellevue Road area for 8 weeks now. He obviously isn't much loved since his owner doesn't seem to have put in the slightest effort to find him! I thought I'd ask here, in case he was found, and delivered somewhere else, and has a nice place to live now - if not I'll take him.

I am told he is the spitting image of my cat, with a red collar (but he could have lost that). This is my cat, for reference.

meels_zps603abab5.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

edit: found!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Cat missing from Boroimhe in Swords. In fact, they think she was stolen. A neighbour spotted someone in a blue Ford Fiesta picking her up and putting her in their car.

She's an indoor cat, but managed to get out somehow. She's only 4 months, and is on medication.

364104.jpeg

I'm hoping for a story like the above... :(

My cat Oscar has been missing since Friday evening around the Tourlestrane / Rhue / Tubbercurry area in Co. Sligo.

If anyone is from there or knows anyone down there, can you please keep an eye out and spread the word?

He's quite distinctive as his jaw is slightly misaligned:

OSCAR'S BACK!!

Three months later and all :)

I'd given up hope of finding him but I hadn't given up on him yet and kept posting about him and following up on all reports of him.

Got sent some photos on Thursday of a cat that looked THE SPIT of him in our local town. We looked but couldn't find him. My parents mentioned to a woman they know in that estate about him.

Fast forward to Saturday and that woman spotted Oscar, took him in and rang my folks to come see if it was him. They confirmed it was so he's home, happy and safe!!

365265.jpg

And there's a few sulky heads that the boss is back:

365266.jpg

Thanks so much to everyone who kept an eye out and spread the word on him. You're all legends and a big part of the reason he's home at last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wow, that's great news! Our Holly has (see above) been missing now for just over two months, and we are beginning to lose hope, but that's given me some encouragement.

I spotted this on Facebook and on the off chance someone is missing a dog, it's worth having a look through the photos.

It's from a recent animal fair and there's numerous dogs of questionable origin:
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Seen this on Facebook and thought I'd share

FB_IMG_1444393881559_zpsv3jvbbqq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

I spotted this on Facebook and on the off chance someone is missing a dog, it's worth having a look through the photos.

It's from a recent animal fair and there's numerous dogs of questionable origin:

<snip>
    So happy for you to have your cat home. Could you have a look on lorslostdogs.ie to see if any of the dogs that are missing match up to the ones that was in the fair. Good work jimmy for posting it in

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've found 2 male collie pups, neither are chipped or have collars. Asked around our local area (limerick - Ballyneety) and they've been spotted straying since last Thursday!

Trying to organise a foster home but if this doesn't work I'll have to drop them to the dog pound, the local rescue is full.
    My two ladies are totally intolerant of any strange dogs!!

12112486_908146445942033_4501938605530111162_n.jpg?oh=b479b38e51c4a75885bc91dac7ff2ef5&oe=56940D6C&__gda__=1455263188_ca02194b2687e6513203ac59b557a5dd

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Hi, My father in laws dog went missing in Athy 3 days ago. His name is Nipper. Any help would be appreciated. Thxs

No photo at the minute - a green and yellow cock budgie was found sitting on a car at the East wall in Dublin today! He is extremely tame - somebody must be missing their pet.

Added attachment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Hi all,

My Cat, Bruce is missing since Sunday. He's a big friendly ginger tom cat. He is missing from the Stocking Lane area in Rathfarnham, Dublin.

Any help to find him would be greatly appreciated.

1fzjph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Sending you a PM, McGrath.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

VonVix wrote: »
    Sending you a PM, McGrath.

Thanks Vonvix, I went up to the <snip> today and got him back, relieved and delighted. :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Brilliant stuff, McGrath. You're most welcome!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Female terrier with shock collar found in carpark of UCD Vet hospital today.

11219730_10153352006849092_7337375291128699682_n.jpg?oh=442376f81c743df4d102b661dae73199&oe=56AD40AF

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Found a yellow budgie in Deansgrange .Has a red tag on the leg with the number 6 on it. It appears to be healthy.
    Anybody know what to do with it- tried vets and budgie club but no one interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissBoop

Not sure if this is the right place, but maybe it will bring someone some closure and peace. I found an elderly, female black cat with white markings under her chin, just off Harcourt St today. We took her to the Animal Welfare Clinic in Charlemont St as she had been badly injured on her left side by another animal, possibly a fox as they are known to be in the area. She was also extremely thin, and wouldn't eat or drink. The clinic rang an hour ago to say that her injuries were extremely severe and the kindest thing to do would be to put her to sleep. I agreed with them, having seen her injury and condition. They gave her painkillers and made her comfortable. She wasn't chipped but was very friendly and sweet, she climbed onto my lap when I knelt down to her, so I think she must have had a loving home at some point. If her owner sees this, please know she was well cared for in her last hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Wonderful post MissBoop. Sad story but the last thing she would have remembered was that she was loved.
    Fair play to ye. Hope the word gets back to her family and gives them consolation if they were worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Tabby cat found on St Canices Road, Glasnevin Dublin. Female, so friendly. No collar and not microchipped. Has to have been someone's pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Hi, my aunt's black and white jack Russell terrier is after going missing. She live's around the Newcastle area in Dublin. I've been in contact with Ashton Dog Pound but no luck. It must have escaped during the early house of this morning.

If by any chance anyone happens to see it please get back to me, she's in bits over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oneillsa

Our very much loved 6 month old springer spaniel puppy was stolen from our front garden, near Kilcullen, on Thursday 17th December. She is liver & white with very distinctive markings. Sweet natured and very timid. If any one has any information I would be very grateful if you could contact me.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

MISSING CAT

My beautiful 9 year old tabby cat Keeva has been missing since Sunday morning. She wears a red collar with her name and contact details on it.

She is spayed and microchipped. She went missing from the George's Avenue region of Blackrock, unfortunately quite close to the Blackrock Rock road/dual carriageway.

(I fear she may have become trapped in someone's shed or garden as I haven't found a body on the nearby roads and it is very unusual for her not to come home. The thought of her put cold in that storm breaks my heart.)

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SB83

Our cat Shelly is missing from the Kimmage area (Poddle Park/Ravensdale) since Christmas. She's half tortishell and half white, with huge green eyes and wearing a red collar. She can be quite nervous but she is friendly. If you're in the area could I ask you to please check around your garden, sheds/garages, etc, and if you see her please send me a PM. Thank you.

Advertisement