Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

My friend found a dog in the beauparc/yellow furze area just outside Navan. Looks like a jack Russell and seems to be pregnant. If anyone knows anyone who's missing a dog on the area could you let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Owners found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoldenLab101

I found a golden labrador in the glen royal area of maynooth last night he had a collar but no tags was very dirty

The dog is friendly please pm me if he is yours

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I found a golden labrador in the glen royal area of maynooth last night he had a collar but no tags was very dirty

The dog is friendly please pm me if he is yours

Try the local vets for a microchip and ensure you get proof of ownership before handing him over. I hope you find his owners soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

A friend of mine fostered a dog recently.
    Dog had been neglected terribly and was in a pathetic state altogether. Recently gave birth to six pups, and died on the operating table for five minutes as she'd eaten coal and sticks due to not being fed.

The dog has gone missing this morning from a locked garden in the Ballycullen area in Dublin. She is very unwell and distressed and needs to get home.

The link is https://www.facebook.com/DogsinDistress/photos/a.111898112172930.12699.110925495603525/1068606296502102/?type=1&theater

11700954_1068606296502102_8833783547308194536_n.jpg?oh=42e217a9a98510c0891a606e835d1a15&oe=56112632

If you could consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter, that would be amazing. Or even just keep an eye out if you're in the area.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

A friend of mine fostered a dog recently.
    Dog had been neglected terribly and was in a pathetic state altogether. Recently gave birth to six pups, and died on the operating table for five minutes as she'd eaten coal and sticks due to not being fed.

The dog has gone missing this morning from a locked garden in the Ballycullen area in Dublin. She is very unwell and distressed and needs to get home.

The link is https://www.facebook.com/DogsinDistress/photos/a.111898112172930.12699.110925495603525/1068606296502102/?type=1&theater

11700954_1068606296502102_8833783547308194536_n.jpg?oh=42e217a9a98510c0891a606e835d1a15&oe=56112632

If you could consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter, that would be amazing. Or even just keep an eye out if you're in the area.

Thanks.

Ah the poor thing, really hope she is found, maybe contact any groups, school, sports, buy and sell groups in the area,gaa, especially, that's how we found my dogs, most have website that people go on a lot. Hopefully she will be found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ah the poor thing, really hope she is found, maybe contact any groups, school, sports, buy and sell groups in the area,gaa, especially, that's how we found my dogs, most have website that people go on a lot. Hopefully she will be found soon.

Thanks.

I've posted to every website and facebook page I know of that might help, including here.

I'm hoping so too. My friend is absolutely distraught, and I'm upset too as I met the dog and she's such a sweet thing, but with a broken heart from her first year of life.

If you can help at all by sharing or you know someone in the area and let them know, that would be amazing. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ just seen it on lost and found on FB. Shared

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Post it on lors lost dogs a great website. The poor thing hope she will be found

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hi All

Gracie is missing over 24 hours now.

However, we have had some very promising sightings of her this morning down at the Old Mill pub and on the Bohernabreena Road, heading towards the cemetery. Can anyone around this area please, please keep an extra-sharp eye out for her and call the number on the Facebook post if they spot her. We are heartsick with worry and desperate to get her back.

Thanks so much

• Advertisement

Just to update guys, I'm home now after eleven solid hours of searching for her. Saw her with my own eyes in Oldcourt Cottages (near Lidl Ballycullen) but she got over a wall and away from me. Spent the next two hours knocking on every house that could have an adjoining garden but no joy. I'm convinced she's a whippet crossed with a kangaroo. We've put posters through the letterboxes of all the houses we didn't get to knock into before it got too late. I have food and water left out for her in the last place she was spotted, and will be back out first thing in the morning. Thank you to everyone and please keep sending positive vibes Gracie's way.

***GRACIE IS HOME!!!!!!***
    Guys, I am an emotional wreck here. After posting on Facebook a couple of hours ago saying how down I was, I'm now walking on air.

My sister and I were watching tv at about 1am and I nipped to the downstairs loo (overshare I know, sorry). I heard a dog crying and assumed it was on the tv. I went back in and asked Sinead had Stella on Modern Family just been whimpering and she said no. So I went out and opened the front door and there she was, sitting on the front step.

Guys, anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not religious and I don't believe in fate, or meant to be, or miracles, but this is a 100% bona fide miracle. I'm still in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm convinced she's a whippet crossed with a kangaroo/homing pigeon.

fyp.

Brilliant news. Wonder what she got up to? Is she looking ok?
    Been watching this but nothing I could do as I'm other side of the country. You have the makings of a Disney film script there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Oh wow, was just checking in to see was there any news of the poor thing, thats absolutely fantastic!

I was dreading opening this when I saw the update, so happy for you and Gracie too,totally a miracle.
    Lots of hugs in store for her I'm sure, but thrilled beyond words that she's home again, and safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

BRILLIANT! Cyberhug and pet-pet-pet sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Amazing story! Well done to all concerned. That dog obviously knew she was onto a good thing, she's lucky to have you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

And the great thing is that now she's identified your gaff as her gaff. That's the main hurdle hurdled. (If that's not a tactless way to talk about your kangaroo cross!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Angel Knightess

Lost: 2 medium sized black and white dogs, one male, one female, border collie cross from around the Kilgarvan area of Kerry. Possible they went across country. Been missing since last evening and am very worried as they have never done anything like this before. Any information would be appreciated. The female is microchipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Lost: 2 medium sized black and white dogs, one male, one female, border collie cross from around the Kilgarvan area of Kerry. Possible they went across country. Been missing since last evening and am very worried as they have never done anything like this before. Any information would be appreciated. The female is microchipped.

Post it on Lors lost dogs, hope they will be found

Read the first post here and follow that advice, like contacting vets and animal rescues and dog shelters and if possible post on any Facebook group in your area. This all helped get my 2 home hope your lucky too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Angel Knightess

Thankfully they have just been found in a wood a bit away. Seems they went off after rabbits or foxes. They're exhausted after their little adventure.

Thankfully they have just been found in a wood a bit away. Seems they went off after rabbits or foxes. They're exhausted after their little adventure.

So happy you have them home and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Hi
    Two dogs followed me this morning from Cappagh Park.
    One Alsation and what looks like a chocolate coloured gun dog maybe a Labrador.
    If anyone knows who owns them pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hi guys,

This little guy (jack Russel) was straying today, wandered into Artane castle.

I brought him to amy Lara vets and he's not chipped. Appears to have something like conjunctivitis in his eyes. I'll know for sure tonight, have a wonderful vet doing a house call in about an hour.

If anyone knows him or his owner, please pm me. I'm keeping him in the house until the owner is found, but he doesn't like other dogs so keeping him separated from Lola has been difficult! Lovely, friendly little thing. Proof of ownership required.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Spotted but not caught lost dog out on his own on N11 by RTE. Very small, all white, possibly a terrier, wearing red bandana on neck.Donnybrook/Stillorgan area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hi guys,

This little guy (jack Russel) was straying today, wandered into Artane castle.

I brought him to amy Lara vets and he's not chipped. Appears to have something like conjunctivitis in his eyes. I'll know for sure tonight, have a wonderful vet doing a house call in about an hour.

If anyone knows him or his owner, please pm me. I'm keeping him in the house until the owner is found, but he doesn't like other dogs so keeping him separated from Lola has been difficult! Lovely, friendly little thing. Proof of ownership required.

Reunited! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

All,

Posting on behalf of my cousin:

MISSING - Hi folks, Our cat Felek went missing today Friday 24th July from our house on Landen road, Ballyfermot he is 5 years old, quite a big fella, ginger and white in colour he is a full time house cat and has never been outside we only moved here in the last 2 weeks, we had builders in doing a lot of renovation work before we moved in and unfortunately today while they were in doing some finishing work they left a door open and Felek got out; he is neutered,microchipped and wearing a brown collor with name tag and a contact number engraved on it, I am asking all of my friends particularly those from the area to please share this post and to check their back gardens, inside and behind garden sheds etc to see if he may be hiding there and if spotted to please get in touch.. we are absolutely devastated we have had him since he was only a couple of weeks old and just hoping and praying for his safe return.

s0x0ky.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Felek is home!

Arrived home himself just as the family were heading out to search just a few hours ago.

Huge relief and delight all around :)

Advertisement