Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

martin182 wrote: »
    *LOST DOG CRUMLIN VILLAGE* ‪#‎crumlin‬

A little SHIH-TZU name TOBY was taken from outside the door shop (Doorwise, Summerville House, Crumlin Village) on the 18th of March, 2015.

He is white in colour & tanned around the face/ears.
    The Dog is 14 years old, completely blind and needs alot of minding

Please if anyone has seen him contact a very worried family, thanks

REWARD OFFERED

Contact OP by PM with information.

Toby has been returned to his owner - thank god ... BUT not before some scumbags kicked the crap out of him... so please a lesson for all to learn NEVER leave your dog unattended. Hope the little guy makes a full recovery XX

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

cocker5 wrote: »
    Toby has been returned to his owner - thank god ... BUT not before some scumbags kicked the crap out of him... so please a lesson for all to learn NEVER leave your dog unattended. Hope the little guy makes a full recovery XX

I have a shih zhu and know she would be so frightened by an ordeal like this, we were worried about Toby and we're very glad he's safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Just found a dog in Portobello - a very sweet Pomeranian.

I don't suppose there is anywhere open on a Sunday night that could check for a microchip...?

We're not really set-up to keep a dog overnight or tomorrow while we're in work. Have put some posters up so hopefully someone turns up this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Kooli wrote: »
    Just found a dog in Portobello - a very sweet Pomeranian.

I don't suppose there is anywhere open on a Sunday night that could check for a microchip...?

We're not really set-up to keep a dog overnight or tomorrow while we're in work. Have put some posters up so hopefully someone turns up this evening.

These guys might be able to help.

http://petemergencyhospital.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

These guys might be able to help.

http://petemergencyhospital.ie/

Thanks so much, we reunited her with her very happy owner last night after putting up some posters around the area, yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Well done Kooli, I'll treat you to a drink of your choice for that.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Found Lost Puppy near Camden Street Dublin.Smart but boisterous puppy im guessing about 10 weeks old. http://imgur.com/gallery/jqojQR9/new

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Puppy found abandoned in limerick really friendly poss around 8wks??

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Lost in the ballygunner area of Waterford yesterday, so could be in the Waterford area now.
    A female red setter, age 5 wearing a collar and a Scotty x Jack Russell male dog age 2 and also wearing a collar.
    Please please if you see them could you send me a pm, these are loved pets, more than pets they are part of the family.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi Beyondbelief67,
    If you haven't already, make sure to have a read of the first post in this thread, which has tips and things you can do to maximise your chances of finding your dogs.
    Lors Lost Dogs facebook page is a must.
    Good luck, really hope they turn up soon. Your concern is palpable in your post :(

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Hi Beyondbelief67,
    If you haven't already, make sure to have a read of the first post in this thread, which has tips and things you can do to maximise your chances of finding your dogs.
    Lors Lost Dogs facebook page is a must.
    Good luck, really hope they turn up soon. Your concern is palpable in your post :(

I've told my daughter to put it on lors as I'm not on Facebook thankyou for the tip about that.
    I must admit I didn't read the first post just wanted to get the post up and out there that they are missing, I need to pull myself together as no good to anyone as I am, just in bits.
    I'll post on the other pages suggested, thank you so much.

So relieved and thrilled to say they have now been found, not far from where they went missing, just soo happy they are ok and safe.
    Thank you for the advice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

So relieved and thrilled to say they have now been found, not far from where they went missing, just soo happy they are ok and safe.
    Thank you for the advice.

Woohoo! Great news! Very relieved for you :)
    How did you track them down in the end? I always like to hear how people reunited themselves with their missing pets as it may help other posters in the same horrible position.

DBB wrote: »
    Woohoo! Great news! Very relieved for you :)
    How did you track them down in the end? I always like to hear how people reunited themselves with their missing pets as it may help other posters in the same horrible position.

My daughter who is far more networking savvy than I am posted on as many ballygunner pages as she could find, gaa, school, parish anything, and someone saw her post and contacted her.
    They are have been minded for me for a few weeks due to a fire in my home and I couldn't have them where we are so I was So worried not knowing wether they would try going to there or try finding us so I'm so relieved they are now safe as the lady minding them has done so much already caring for them without having to worry about finding them to.I think it's the not knowing that's the worst and the thoughts that go through your mind.
    Thankfully there are threads like this that help.
    Thank you so much.
    Also for anyone who finds themselves in the heart wrenching position I did. Follow the steps in the first post they really do help.
    Can't wait to give them the biggest hugs ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lost cat in Dublin 24 area. Long haired black/ginger female. Less than five years old and recently spayed. Bright yellow eyes (looks a little like an owl). Very friendly. Missing since yesterday morning.

Will post a pic as soon as I have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Lost cat in Dublin 24 area. Long haired black/ginger female. Less than five years old and recently spayed. Bright yellow eyes (looks a little like an owl). Very friendly. Missing since yesterday morning.

Will post a pic as soon as I have one.

Really sorry to hear that your cat is missing, fingers crossed she turns up soon. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Lost yellow cockatiel in the Salthill area of Galway. If anyone sights him, could they let me know please?

Missing from Dublin 24

Female

Spayed

Less than 3 years

Very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Missing from Dublin 24

Female

Spayed

Less than 3 years

Very friendly

Hope she turns up for you, fingers crossed here.

ncur wrote: »
    Hope she turns up for you, fingers crossed here.

My Dad thinks she was taken but I don't want to believe that. The thought of never seeing her again.... I am going a bit mad just sitting here thinking I should be out looking for her. What if she is injured or trapped somewhere starving to death? :( We lost a cat before and I can feel an old wound opening up again... There is no closure when our fur babies just vanish :( I still look for him nearly six years on. I have moved since but I sometimes drive around the old estate to see if he is there. Stupid really....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

My Dad thinks she was taken but I don't want to believe that. The thought of never seeing her again.... I am going a bit mad just sitting here thinking I should be out looking for her. What if she is injured or trapped somewhere starving to death? :( We lost a cat before and I can feel an old wound opening up again... There is no closure when our fur babies just vanish :( I still look for him nearly six years on. I have moved since but I sometimes drive around the old estate to see if he is there. Stupid really....

No not silly at all, sure I still expect my recently deceased pet to come trotting up the driveway when I approach the house. My online shopping kills me as there's pages of pet stuff still popping up.

Anyway, I hope your cat has just gone for a wander, and of course it's all been said before, about putting up posters locally and posting on the really active facebook/online lost and found sites. Good luck.

As well as the lost and found sites post on sites local to you, gaa parish sites, buy and sell sites, it worked for us with my dogs the other day.
    I hope you find her, it's the not knowing that's the worst I know and the thoughts that go through your mind, make sure to put it on local radio and in vets too.
    Hope she comes home soon.

I am printing flyers now. Going to plaster the place :( Brings back so many memories. When I am making sure mine are all fed and bedded down for the night with their blankies I often think about the one that strayed before. Where he might have ended up. If he is on the streets in the cold etc I don't want to have another one "out there" to be thinking of too. This sucks big time. Wish we'd had her chipped.

Yes I know what you mean, we had a cat that just went into thin air, still wonder where he went to years later, he'd never gone anywhere before.
    The chipped idea is a good one, for 30euros the peace of mind it would bring is so worth it, as soon as my pups are home I'm doing it.
    Really hope you get good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Don't forget to ask around locally to see if any charity was doing TNR - sometimes peoples pets can get picked up accidentally if they haven't identification such as a chip or a collar. Usually if this is the case you will see cats who have been ear tipped to indicate they were taken in for TNR so not accidentally picked up again.

Is there a way to publicise lost pets? Like in the paper or anything. My Dad is convinced that someone took her (with good intentions).I am not sure about this scenario since we live in a remote area and she certainly didn't look like a stray, but if they have taken her, I'd like to get word out that she is missed and people are looking for her. (I'd also like to kick whatever do-gooder took her up and down the street but I will resist) :(

Possibly some good news. My mum phoned just now and said that she saw the cat in the field behind our house. She wouldn't come when she was called. This seems like odd behaviour because she is a very friendly and affectionate cat, but perhaps she is hunting? I am going mad sitting in work knowing she is there. I will go out looking for her this eve. A neighbour had suggested this possibility to us, as that particular field is full of mice and birds and is overgrown. Perhaps with the weather she has gone on a mega hunt? She is an avid hunter :(

Really hope it is her and you get her back,
    You could put a notice In the local paper ?
    Such as the part where they do village notice for sports and fundraising or car boot sales, etc

Yes we put some up in the local GAA and parish alright. Mum swears it is her. Neighbour says she heard a commotion there earlier and so did my Dad, so I am wondering if there is some kind of turf war going on? Neighbours cat keeps coming in and fighting with ours, maybe he has chased her off?

Sounds like there could be a fight between them for sure I'm not sure what you can do if that's the case to ease things between them.
    In most local newspapers there's a part for village news you could put it in that if you don't get her today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Sounds like there could be a fight between them for sure I'm not sure what you can do if that's the case to ease things between them.
    In most local newspapers there's a part for village news you could put it in that if you don't get her today.

Have you found her?

Advertisement