Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janycko

Missing Grey Whippet - Kaya ran away from Saggart, and been seen in Citywest area. Kaya is a full Grey whippet with a white chest area, 18 months old female missing since Sunday. If seen, please contact me – Jan.
    Kaya has been seen in CityWest running close to shopping centre and Luas tracks on Sunday afternoon, two guys carrying a grey whippet without a collar have been seen on Monday walking towards Jobstown and Kaya (or look like dog) has been seen on Monday around Kiltipper Marlfield Mall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Lost or abandoned Golden Retriever found by two friends at 6pm today at Viewpoint. He's apparently of an older age and with a red collar, but without any info on it. Some slight bleeding from the mouth or tongue. The condition of his fur would indicate that he might have been wandering around up there for a few days or more. Didn't appear to be starving either due to his lack of interest in food or water.

They called the DSPCA which was closed unfortunately. Neither of them had transport by which they could have taken him back either, so they had to leave him at Viewpoint. Hopefully someone else will have found him and made arrangements, but to be on the safe side, similar appeals are being put up by our group on the DSPCA, DogsTrust and other pet charities' Facebook pages.

Apologies for the size of pictures. Mods feel free to edit and put them into image links instead if necessary.

387804.jpg

387805.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Garzard wrote: »
    Lost or abandoned Golden Retriever found by two friends at 6pm today at Viewpoint. He's apparently of an older age and with a red collar, but without any info on it. Some slight bleeding from the mouth or tongue. The condition of his fur would indicate that he might have been wandering around up there for a few days or more. Didn't appear to be starving either due to his lack of interest in food or water.

They called the DSPCA which was closed unfortunately. Neither of them had transport by which they could have taken him back either, so they had to leave him at Viewpoint. Hopefully someone else will have found him and made arrangements, but to be on the safe side, similar appeals are being put up by our group on the DSPCA, DogsTrust and other pet charities' Facebook pages.

Apologies for the size of pictures. Mods feel free to edit and put them into image links instead if necessary.

Gonna send you a PM.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Found outside supervalu in Moate, Westmeath. Female, roughly 10-12 weeks old. Proof of ownership required, pm for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Kitten found in Ballinasloe in Galway. About 8 weeks old, female tortoiseshell, seems perfectly healthy, incredibly friendly and extremely good with children so must have been in a loving home before now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 heatherone

Dog found in St. Kevins church grounds in Kilnamanagh D24 on Thursday 21st July, Its a small (male) white and brown terrier type?. Very friendly, no microchip. Proof of ownership required.

Found a black and white (mainly black) spaniel type dog in Waterford tonight. Running in traffic near whitfield. Pm if anyone knows owner. Proof of ownership required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mks20

FOUND: we found little terrier white brown and black, male on Kings Inn St, north inner Dublin yesterday evening. He is not chipped, has a collar but no tag. He is super friendly and seems well cared for. We heard an elderly man was looking for a JRT in the area - hopefully this little guy belongs to him. Please share! We are looking after him at the moment. Msg with ANY information. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Penny is missing since early Tuesday morning in the Drimnagh Road Area. She lives near the Eleanora pup end of Drimnagh road. She is 14 months old and is chipped and is also very friendly.

If anybody has seen her could you please contact me through private message. My sister’s two kids are devastated and would love to get her back.

Cheers

IMG_0550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

buster180 wrote: »
    Penny is missing since early Tuesday morning in the Drimnagh Road Area. She lives near the Eleanora pup end of Drimnagh road. She is 14 months old and is chipped and is also very friendly.

If anybody has seen her could you please contact me through private message. My sister’s two kids are devastated and would love to get her back.

Cheers

Penny was found today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Wellywearer1

hi there, I picked up a dog who was running in and out of traffic around the roundabout on Wainsfort Rd. with no owner visible. Today (Sunday, Sept 18) around 1pm. Tan-coloured with bushy tail. Male. Not microchipped. No collar. Very friendly. Good on the lead. House-trained. Someone must be missing him terribly. Such a well behaved little chap. I'm anxious to reunite him with his family!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

My cat went missing on Monday morning last, took fright and ran into the fields behind Killinarden. We've been looking for her since but no sight of her so far. She's "tall", long white coat with dark grey patches, a grey tail and a grey nose. She was sick as a kitten and her eyesight is poor and walks with a slow, leisurely gait which always puts me in mind of a hesitant model. She's spayed but not micro-chipped I'm afraid and she has some breathing difficulty that the vet can't treat. I'm terribly attached to her and very worried. There aren't really any neighbours close by to canvas so I'm just asking anyone who knows the area and might spot her to just let me know? I have photos but I'm a total dope when it comes to posting them. She's timid but feisty at the same time so I'm just praying that she's still safe but it's a long time to be lost without food and water. Sorry for the long post but I'm asking on the off chance and very grateful if you've read this far! Many thanks. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

Found this kitty in walkinstown dublin 12, not microchipped but wearing a blue collar with diamonds on. Very skinny and hungry, but very friendly. Staying with us tonight but can't keep her/him here as my cats are very unhappy! Hoping to find owner, or someone willing to mind while we look for owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Saw a small brown terrier mix that appeared to have escaped/got lost tonight in the Rialto area. Smooth haired, brown, about Jack Russel sized, think there was a white patch on the chest, docked tail. Was wearing a harness that looked red (sorry, was dark out and he scarpered before I could get close).

Fia is a female boxer dog with a distinctive long tail who is LOST under tragic circumstances in the Tallaght area, last seen in Ballinascorney woods in the Dublin mountains on Thursday.

Her family really want her home so please share. There is a cash reward offered for her return. If you see her please call the Tallaght Garda station.

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/help-family-of-murdered-man-offering-cash-reward-for-information-on-missing-dog

Fia is a female boxer dog with a distinctive long tail who is LOST under tragic circumstances in the Tallaght area, last seen in Ballinascorney woods in the Dublin mountains on Thursday.

Her family really want her home so please share. There is a cash reward offered for her return. If you see her please call the Tallaght Garda station.

http://www.echo.ie/show/article/help-family-of-murdered-man-offering-cash-reward-for-information-on-missing-dog

You may already know this but it mightn't be the worst idea to get her photo circulated among the sheep farmers in the greater area, they might give her the benefit of the doubt if she was spotted in a field. She probably wouldn't touch a sheep but they don't usually wait to find out. I'm not trying to scare you, just a thought that might help. I really hope you find her, I know how it feels to be looking for a much loved pet and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fergus History

My two cats have gone kissing from the Larkfield area between Kimmage, Harold's Cross and Terenure. A sleek black male, Ming (answers to ming, mingming, mingly and minger) and his sister, a small female tortoiseshell, Mao (comes to mao, maolao and maoist). Both are neutered and chipped, just over a year old and never been gone this long before. He is gone since Wednesday 28 Sept and she disappeared on Saturday 1 Oct. I like to think she's gone to find him.

I can't upload photos because I have just signed up to boards but can provide further details to anybody who pm's me.

Any help or information are hugely appreciated.

Thanks

F

janmaree wrote: »
    My cat went missing on Monday morning last, took fright and ran into the fields behind Killinarden. We've been looking for her since but no sight of her so far. She's "tall", long white coat with dark grey patches, a grey tail and a grey nose. She was sick as a kitten and her eyesight is poor and walks with a slow, leisurely gait which always puts me in mind of a hesitant model. She's spayed but not micro-chipped I'm afraid and she has some breathing difficulty that the vet can't treat. I'm terribly attached to her and very worried. There aren't really any neighbours close by to canvas so I'm just asking anyone who knows the area and might spot her to just let me know? I have photos but I'm a total dope when it comes to posting them. She's timid but feisty at the same time so I'm just praying that she's still safe but it's a long time to be lost without food and water. Sorry for the long post but I'm asking on the off chance and very grateful if you've read this far! Many thanks. J.

My little dote arrived back home this morning, almost three weeks later. She's a little bag of bones and quite traumatised but she's back, that's the main thing. She's only interested in sleep and has taken two tiny morsels of raw beef and a decent drink of milk (she's my dairy queen). She's now back in her bed on the radiator, zzzzzzz:) She did try to groom herself after the milk but decided that the bed was calling her.

I'm updating in the hope that it may reassure those who are still searching, because if my little one with breathing problems, poor mobility and sfa eyesight can make it back, then there's a good chance for everyone else. I wish that feeling of joyous relief that I have, is on the way to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Absolutely delighted. There's nothing worse than when you don't know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Found a kitten in briarwood/hunts town area about 6 months old blue-grey in colour not sure if male or female

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Found this little dog.
    Not sure what breed,looks like a cross.
    Well looked after.
    Black with white hair on chin,chest and 2 back paws.
    Red collar.
    Found in drewstown area county Meath.
    Gonna bring vet later to see if microchipped.
    https://s9.postimg.org/johrktlun/IMG_20161017_103002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FindMarlo

Hi all,

our much loved pet cat is missing from Baile an Choiste, Headford Road/Castlegar, Galway City area. I can't post pics as a new user but will PM them to anyone who requests. He's a big, long-haired, black and white cat (white chest and stomach with a black back, ears, and tail), missing since October 5th. No collar but he is microchipped.

Please check your back gardens and sheds, and contact me with any info or sightings. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw that Fia, the boxer who's been missing from Ballinascorny since her owner was murdered in September was found dead today.

Poor girl, and my heart goes out to the family. It's just awful.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I just saw that Fia, the boxer who's been missing from Ballinascorny since her owner was murdered in September was found dead today.

Poor girl, and my heart goes out to the family. It's just awful.

I am desperately sorry to hear that, I've often thought of her since the first post about her and wondered if there was any news. I wish the news could have been different. Thank you for letting us know. It's just too sad for words, that family has been through enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Poor Fia. Sleep tight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KateofSpade

Dear Friends
    URGENT

We adopted a lovely little merle border collie from the ISPCA yesterday. We arrived at home in Inchicore and as I was getting out to bring her into the house she escaped. She is a runner and very nervous. We searched for her all night and today.
    We contacted ISPCA. lostpets.ie, gardai and dog warden.
    Merle Border collier (female, chipped no tags and spayed) salt & pepper fur with long tail with white tip.
    Last seen near the Oblaits school in Inchicore. She is nervous to approach people, but does like other dogs.

[qp0oaz4yn

This little fella followed me home from Lullymore Terrace, near the old cigarette factory on the South Circular Road, Dublin 8.

He growls whenever I get within a foot, but is mad about Finn. The feeling is not mutual so I cannot keep him after tonight. All help appreciated. The last thing I want to do is have to bring him to the pound.

Stray1_zpsqwljubiy.jpg

ETA: This little fella is now in Ashtown. Broke my heart but it was that or put him back on the street. Fingers crossed his people find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

poor little dog. at least hes off the street for this evening and safe at home with you. do what you have to do tomorrow. does he look cared for? Have you posted his pic on all the fb pages for lost dogs?

He doesn't look very cared for, he's manky and was quite hungry once he relaxed enough to eat.

• Advertisement

Got a call this afternoon from a chap who said he recognised him, and he was able to give details of personality too. I directed them to where the pup could be picked up, so fingers crossed for a happy reunion!

Advertisement