Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thinking of using this half seasons wildcard to the following:

Hennessey/Cech
    Evans/Moreno/Dier/Zouma/Darmian
    Alli/Mahrez/Barkley/Ozil/Willian
    Aguero/Vardy/Lukaku

Opinions? It also leaves me with 1.1 million in the bank for alterations.

I guess it's in defence where we all differ....
    Darmian is out of Boxing Day game I think and Liverpool are now thin at the back. A Watford man looks a good long term investment and I'll go for Ake when I activate WC once this GW starts. The likes of Ward Souare and Delaney are also good value and West ham have been solid lately as well as Stoke.....
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    I've no idea how but mata has survived yet another week!
    no point taking a -4 so I'll leave him on the bench.......

It wouldn't be a transfer thread without this comment at this stage. He will never leave your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

It wouldn't be a transfer thread without this comment at this stage. He will never leave your team.

:D:D:D
    either Ramsey or Walcott coming in for dec28th game
    the fact there is only 2 games between days means I won't have time to talk myself out of it
    although I am going to Chelsea game and players do love a goal against an old club
    damb it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:D

It reminds me of me and my wildcard last year. Turns out I should never have used it.

Jose'll get rid of Mata before km79 does :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I have KDB, who's been really frustrating the last few weeks. Sensible thing is probably to hold off on Aguero for a couple of weeks, but think I'll wait till closer to the deadline to decide.

Did you transfer in Dier? Who were you thinking of getting rid of? Don't think it's a necessity for you this week, but would probably be a good transfer over the rest of the season

Nope didn't go for it. I'm wondering how much Walker who's cheaper or Lloris could be better alternatives.

Lloris in for Myhill maybe. Or Walker for I don't know who. My Wollscheid-Souaré-Simpson cheap improvised 3-way rotation I'm happy enough with them. They're regulars so far. I think it'd be a waste of a transfer to get rid of one of them. Bellerin has some tasty enough fixtures coming. So it has to be Kolarov. Home to Sunderland though...

So I have 2 choices:
    1. Lloris long term with Hennessey as a great value sub-keeper
    2. Keep my saved FT for later in the Christmas hectic period and maybe eye Walker as a cheap way into Spurs defence (actually why such little love for him? Doesn't he go forward a lot on his wing? And only £5.1m).

Lemlin wrote: »
    Alder and Walcott in for Kolarov and Coutinho. Done. Leaves me:

De Gea
    Bellerin Dawson Alder
    KDB Ozil Walcott Mahrez
    Kane Lukaku Vardy

Hennessy, Souare, Nyom, Wanyama

Kolarov out this week before a home game vs Sunderland? Are City such in a bad shape (haven't followed them closely for quite a while)? Or do you have info about him a real rotation risk?
    I mean why not this move next GW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wouldn't lose Kolarov at home to Sunderland with Kompany back, I'm more interested in seeing who starts the Leicester match between him and Clichy in terms of my long term plan

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Pulled the plug on Mignolet for Butland. Was banking on Klopp changing a few things at the Liverpool defence but wasn't to be. Straight swap, no extra cost, can only see Butlands price rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Nope didn't go for it. I'm wondering how much Walker who's cheaper or Lloris could be better alternatives.

Lloris in for Myhill maybe. Or Walker for I don't know who. My Wollscheid-Souaré-Simpson cheap improvised 3-way rotation I'm happy enough with them. They're regulars so far. I think it'd be a waste of a transfer to get rid of one of them. Bellerin has some tasty enough fixtures coming. So it has to be Kolarov. Home to Sunderland though...

So I have 2 choices:
    1. Lloris long term with Hennessey as a great value sub-keeper
    2. Keep my saved FT for later in the Christmas hectic period and maybe eye Walker as a cheap way into Spurs defence (actually why such little love for him? Doesn't he go forward a lot on his wing? ?

I totally agree with you for those of us late to the spurs defence walker is the man to go with. My transfer this week is Bellerin to walker. There is a chance tripper will play one of the Xmas games but walker is clearly first choice. I don't see the point in getting alder now. I'd even go verthonghen over him. It reminds me a bit of people going with bassong over mickey t a few seasons back after Bassong scored a couple of goals . Obviously Bellerin out isn't ideal but I need to free up an arsenal spot for theo.
    Just realised walker is on 4 yellows which is a slight issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bellerin to the Woolshed done.

Saves a nice bit of cash and frees up my third Arsenal spot for Sanchez or Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

People trying to buy Aguero now reminds me of that scene in the Simpsons where Malibu Stacy had a new hat.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dempsey wrote: »
    People trying to buy Aguero now reminds me of that scene in the Simpsons where Malibu Stacy had a new hat.... :pac:

He definitely has the highest points potential this week, if the next game wasn't so soon after he would be a cert IMO. But with him playing limited minutes over the next week (3 games) for sure I can't justify carving up my team to pay the price.

The risk of him getting reinjured is obvious also in spite of it being an impact injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    He definitely has the highest points potential this week, if the next game wasn't so soon after he would be a cert IMO. But with him playing limited minutes over the next week (3 games) for sure I can't justify carving up my team to pay the price.

The risk of him getting reinjured is obvious also in spite of it being an impact injury.

I can make a straight switch from Vardy for -4. Other transfers already made so no tearing up required.

Its one of those interminable FF decisions where if you get him in and he scores 2 or 3 you're a hero but if you get him in (aware of the risks) there will be people queuing up to say it was obviously a terrible move.

I'm still tempted. Even 60 mins x2 against 2 of the more generous defences in the league has big potential. I'd probably not be in a rush to captain him though. Doubling the already risky risk not attractive with such a spread of viable captains who could score well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm thinking Moreno or Zouma to either Creswell or Delaney. Might hold onto Zouma and leave him benched till they get some handy fixtures.

Also seems to be flying under the radar a bit but Kaboul is out for Sunderland too. He had been playing well under Big Sam. It means either they switch back to a back 4 or play Wes Brown alongside Coates and Josh. Or else play a full back in the back 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CSF wrote: »

FHFC wrote: »
    I can make a straight switch from Vardy for -4. Other transfers already made so no tearing up required.

Its one of those interminable FF decisions where if you get him in and he scores 2 or 3 you're a hero but if you get him in (aware of the risks) there will be people queuing up to say it was obviously a terrible move.

I'm still tempted. Even 60 mins x2 against 2 of the more generous defences in the league has big potential. I'd probably not be in a rush to captain him though. Doubling the already risky risk not attractive with such a spread of viable captains who could score well.

Aguero is a player that everyone will want to get in if he produces last seasons form but that is not happening at the moment. I thought a good rule of thumb around here was I rather be one week late to a bandwagon than be a few GW's early?? :D

I could also go direct to Aguero via Vardy but 45% of his score this season came from one GW so far which is not the type of player I want. Those players you keep for several weeks to cover one big return in a blue moon is the type of player I rather go without.

If ManC are winning 1-0 in the second half and Aguero has scored in any of the next 3 matches, Pellegrini will have him in cotton wool very quickly which will frustrate FPL players even more. In reality Aguero blitzing the 1st half is what has to happen for big returns. I've no need to take that gamble at this stage of the season.

If people take the plunge now and it pays off, I'll be delighted for ye! The game is about taking risks and riding your luck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aguero is an exception to every normal FPL rule. Typically when he is fit, you just have him because he will score goals. Doesn't conform to typical form or value rules, you have him, you usually captain him, and he gets you points.

Right now though, I don't think he is fit, and will wait til he is closer to that. How he does in the meantime will probably be irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Brought in Aguero too early twice already this season. Don't fancy making it a hat-trick, especially at the expense of Vardy or Ighalo.

Looking at VVD and Westwood to Bellerin and Alli for -4. Will give me a benching headache but I figure rotation might take the decision out of my hands anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What do ye think the best way to get in Aguero here is?

1WDBKyN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kolorov or Moreno out for someone cheap like someone rock bottom who's getting some game time and then upgrade Kane or Lukaku.

Or KDB out for Alli and Aguero in fir Kane still gives you spurs and city attacking cover

... haven't done the maths but I think that should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kolorov and Kane out, and you will have the $$$

Alternatively if you want to Keep Kolorov, do Cabaye to Stanalis instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Bolasie anyone? Couple of decent fixtures ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Have to decide whether to get in Aguero tonight as he's going up and won't have enough to transfer him for Vardy when that happens.

Been humming and hawing whether to get him in until I remembered what the Sunderland defence were like against Chelsea.

0.48-0.57 alone has persuaded me to get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Theo in I think. Would be hopeful he'll play up front against either Bournemouth or Newcastle. May even captain him for both.

Out - Sterling, Barkley, Vardy

In - Walcott, Bolassie, Aguero

All done for -8

Brought in two WBA defenders last week and will be playing both of them for next 4-6 fixtures with Bellerin.

Dice well and truly rolled.

All done for -8

Brought in two WBA defenders last week and will be playing both of them for next 4-6 fixtures with Bellerin.

Out: Mané, Hazard, Vardy
    In: Walcott, Alli, Aguero.

-8 also.

Try as I might to think of a safer option I'm destined to do this.

Planning to do Sterling to Bolasie next week.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kouyate out, Walcott in.

Still have a FT but banking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Has anyone who was considering aguero made a definite decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All done for -8

Seen a rumbling on Twitter from a Crystal Palace fpl account that Bolaise was out for 10 weeks.

As I said, a rumour.....

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Has anyone who was considering aguero made a definite decision?

Yes. The pending price rise tonight forced my hand.

I didn't want to bring him back so soon because of the risk of an injury reaccurance. Also I rate Big Sam and fear his defensive abilities but I've had Aguero for every minute he has played so far (this season) and I'd be really pîssed off if he bags 3-5 goals over the next 3 games and I didn't have him.

So it's more out of fear rather than a real belief he is about to explode.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Seen a rumbling on Twitter from a Crystal Palace fpl account that Bolaise was out for 10 weeks.

As I said, a rumour.....

Ha. I think I would have to see the funny side if that were true.

Advertisement