Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

dahat wrote: »
    Seen a rumbling on Twitter from a Crystal Palace fpl account that Bolaise was out for 10 weeks.

As I said, a rumour.....

From what I can gather, he was wasn't moving too well at the end of the last game. May have been cramp, but could have been a hammy. And palace have recalled a young lad who plays on the wing. Could be people adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but maybe there's some credibility in the story. Pressers tomorrow at one so we'll find out more then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I totally agree with you for those of us late to the spurs defence walker is the man to go with. My transfer this week is Bellerin to walker. There is a chance tripper will play one of the Xmas games but walker is clearly first choice. I don't see the point in getting alder now. I'd even go verthonghen over him. It reminds me a bit of people going with bassong over mickey t a few seasons back after Bassong scored a couple of goals . Obviously Bellerin out isn't ideal but I need to free up an arsenal spot for theo.
    Just realised walker is on 4 yellows which is a slight issue
    Do you mean that you're gonna treble on Arsenal mids? Ozil Ramsey Walcott? Aren't you afraid of too many eggs in the same basket if that's really the case.

As for Walker, didn't know the YC countdown... Hmm so it's now (Norwich at home) or GW22 (Sunderland at home) since in between they're away to Watford & Everton and home to Leicester (3 in-form scoring teams). There's its attacking potential though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    From what I can gather, he was wasn't moving too well at the end of the last game. May have been cramp, but could have been a hammy. And palace have recalled a young lad who plays on the wing. Could be people adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but maybe there's some credibility in the story. Pressers tomorrow at one so we'll find out more then

They highlighted that on MOTD2, looked like nothing.......
    I suppose I could just do him to Ramsey with one of my FTs that I was going to use on my backup GK

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Nope didn't go for it. I'm wondering how much Walker who's cheaper or Lloris could be better alternatives.

Lloris in for Myhill maybe. Or Walker for I don't know who. My Wollscheid-Souaré-Simpson cheap improvised 3-way rotation I'm happy enough with them. They're regulars so far. I think it'd be a waste of a transfer to get rid of one of them. Bellerin has some tasty enough fixtures coming. So it has to be Kolarov. Home to Sunderland though...

So I have 2 choices:
    1. Lloris long term with Hennessey as a great value sub-keeper
    2. Keep my saved FT for later in the Christmas hectic period and maybe eye Walker as a cheap way into Spurs defence (actually why such little love for him? Doesn't he go forward a lot on his wing? And only £5.1m).

Kolarov out this week before a home game vs Sunderland? Are City such in a bad shape (haven't followed them closely for quite a while)? Or do you have info about him a real rotation risk?
    I mean why not this move next GW?

I feel Kolarov is a rotation risk over Xmas with Clichy available. City are also poor defensively recently and Alder plays Norwich and could just as easily grab a goal given his recent form.blads like him and Dann just seem to keep on delivering.

I don't need to skrimp either. I've had four mil burning a hole in my pocket for weeks now and haven't even used any of it to swap Kolarov for Alder. I actually freed up .1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Do you mean that you're gonna treble on Arsenal mids? Ozil Ramsey Walcott? Aren't you afraid of too many eggs in the same basket if that's really the case.

As for Walker, didn't know the YC countdown... Hmm so it's now (Norwich at home) or GW22 (Sunderland at home) since in between they're away to Watford & Everton and home to Leicester (3 in-form scoring teams). There's its attacking potential though...

Ive decided to not make a move this week now and hAve 2 fts for gw 19.I will be getting Walcott for next gw it will either be for Ozil which will mean keeping Bellerin. Or I'll go down down the 3 arsenal mid route walcott rambo Ozil. I would only class it as 2 arsenal mids though as everyone has ozil. My feeling would be in Walcott and rambo there isn't another 2 mids I'd prefer for gw 19 and 20. It's much the same argument I made for the vardez double up when everyone had mahrez and were reluctant on Vardy. I have to get Walcott as I've been talking about him as my gw 19 captain for weeks and I think I'd quit the game if he had a huge haul and I didn't have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm going without Aguero for this week anyway. Let's see how he gets on! Gonna be squeaky bum time but the exception of that 5 goal spree, he's been fairly quiet, so I'm hoping he continues the trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Aguero might score one or two but his alternatives have juat as good of chance of matching ing him or better so I wouldn't sweat it if you don't have him. I'm half thinking of using my ft to sell him for Lukaku or Ighalo myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is Walcott in the cool thing to do this week? Hazard>Theo is what I am thinking. Expecting some more Theo Christmas madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Tis defo squeaky bum time for sure

Bring in Aguero or not and If I do, should I sell Igahlo, Vardy or Lukaku who are all belting in goals but this weekend, not soo sure

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Lads looking to get alderwiereld in. Have 2 FT and plenty of spare cash. Defence of Kol, Bellerin, Moreno, Evans,Targett. Best option?

Also looking to replace eriksen with a similarly priced mid. Anyone doubling up on Arsenal mid?

• Advertisement

Guardian say Bolasie has a back injury: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/24/bournemouth-crystal-palace-match-preview

Pardew only said this in presser: Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 54s55 seconds ago
    AP: "We've got some additional injuries that I'm going to keep in-house while I assess them. The next two games are about the squad."
    Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 27s28 seconds ago
    AP: "The only reason I'm not disclosing more is because we don't know the extent of them at the moment."

Looks like I'm doing Bolasie to Ramsey rather than a boring backup GK move

Fant11 wrote:
    Lads looking to get alderwiereld in. Have 2 FT and plenty of spare cash. Defence of Kol, Bellerin, Moreno, Evans,Targett. Best option?

Moreno or Targett out

Fant11 wrote:
    Also looking to replace eriksen with a similarly priced mid. Anyone doubling up on Arsenal mid?

Yes. As Ozil has 49.9% ownership and prob more then that in active teams then it's not that much of on unorthodox move.

Went with Walcott myself ahead if Ramsey as he might play up front over the festive period

Guardian say Bolasie has a back injury: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/24/bournemouth-crystal-palace-match-preview

Pardew only said this in presser: Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 54s55 seconds ago
    AP: "We've got some additional injuries that I'm going to keep in-house while I assess them. The next two games are about the squad."
    Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 27s28 seconds ago
    AP: "The only reason I'm not disclosing more is because we don't know the extent of them at the moment."

Looks like I'm doing Bolasie to Ramsey rather than a boring backup GK move

Bolasie set for late fitness test: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Palace-duo-star-midfielder-rated-50-50/story-28419848-detail/story.html#ixzz3vFB8K4p4

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Fant11 wrote: »

Moreno out

Skrtel out injured for next 6-8 games

Defence against Vahrez likely to include Toure & Can !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Moreno out

Skrtel out injured for next 6-8 games

Defence against Vahrez likely to include Toure & Can !!!

Lovren is fit. Back 4 will be Clyne, Lovren, Sakho and Moreno. Might actually be Liverpools best back 4 - not that it's a high bar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tis defo squeaky bum time for sure

Bring in Aguero or not and If I do, should I sell Igahlo, Vardy or Lukaku who are all belting in goals but this weekend, not soo sure

If I had those 3 strikers I wouldn't do anything.

But I have aguero and only because I kept him thru his last injury

Benimar wrote: »
    Lovren is fit. Back 4 will be Clyne, Lovren, Sakho and Moreno. Might actually be Liverpools best back 4 - not that it's a high bar!!

Imo there's no way lovren improves any Liverpool back 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Imo there's no way lovren improves any Liverpool back 4

You haven't seen Skrtel play then recently have you? :)

Lovren has been more solid this year, nothing spectacular but not the train wreck he was. The weak link in the back 4 is, ironically, Moreno, who is the one we all have!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Benimar wrote:
    The weak link in the back 4 is, ironically, Moreno, who is the one we all have!!

And the one who will be trying to stop Mahrez ;)

Benimar wrote: »
    You haven't seen Skrtel play then recently have you? :)

Lovren has been more solid this year, nothing spectacular but not the train wreck he was. The weak link in the back 4 is, ironically, Moreno, who is the one we all have!!

I don't know, Lovren is fairly dodgy. All I know is, there's too many trainwrecks in that back 4 for me to bring in Moreno

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    And the one who will be trying to stop Mahrez ;)

Which is why I want to captain mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Think I'll be boring and stick to the same team. Have two transfers which I'll probably use next week.

QFOgTx2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero is not worth transferring in for Ighalo, Lukaku, Vardy or Kane.

He's also not worth transferring out IMO if you already have him.

Helpful, I know, but that's how I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    Aguero is not worth transferring in for Ighalo, Lukaku, Vardy or Kane.

He's also not worth transferring out IMO if you already have him.

Helpful, I know, but that's how I see it.

I'd agree with that I'm targeting gw 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Santa in for - 4, expecting a bonus pt display tomorrow........

dahat wrote:
    Santa in for - 4, expecting a bonus pt display tomorrow........

Hoping rudolph gets a few assists for some of Santa's scores but worried he'll be rested on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Walcott or Ramsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Went with something slightly different in the hope of making points up over the copy/paste teams above me in my money league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon I'll do De Gea to Cech. Van Dijk to Bellerin is also an option. Using my 2 free transfers to do both is also an option but i feel that a) it may be overkill b) I would like to keep 2 free transfers for another week and c) I'll have used my 3 Arsenal players up and may still want Walcott.

Advertisement