Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 transfers

Options

Comments

Thought I was nailed on to bring Aguero in for Vardy but Liverpool are shocking defensively and Aguero will not be playing too many 90 minutes til maybe January.

Probably time to gamble to try and make up places but I hate bringing in a striker to play against a defensive manager.

80-20 in favour of gambling on Aguero currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm waiting on Aguero just yet. Sunderland are muck but City didn't exactly look good! Plus if City score a few, KdB should be involved so I'm happy enough to roll with him.

Think I'm gonna let my transfer sit. I refuse to bring in either Vardy or Ighalo, much as it's killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Did Gosling -> Alli...considering Vardy -> Ighalo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Either gonna bank transfer or...

Despite Ighalo' phenomenal form, I'm considering transferring him out for this week for Aguero ( despite his injuries, lack of form, lack of game time).
    It's probably madness or at least a sign of desperation to try to get a differential to claw back some points.
    It's just the prospect of Aguero against Sunderland is very tempting.
    Any advice or opinions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Either gonna bank transfer or...

Despite Ighalo' phenomenal form, I'm considering transferring him out for this week for Aguero ( despite his injuries, lack of form, lack of game time).
    It's probably madness or at least a sign of desperation to try to get a differential to claw back some points.
    It's just the prospect of Aguero against Sunderland is very tempting.
    Any advice or opinions welcome
    If you already have a City "attacker" (KDB or Silva) I'd hold off: both are capable of assisting Kun & Ighalo's on fire.

If you don't it's a very tough call. Ighalo did blank in most of Watford toughets game but the guy's on tremendous form and confidence right now while Aguero is just trying to settle back into a struggling City side... Form over fixture or vice versa?

--

As for me. Defence is Kolarov Bellerin Wollscheid Souaré Simpson.
    Dier's rising tonight? Do I really "need" him?

- edit -

Too late now but I'm wondering isn't LLoris my best option? Just a £0.5m upgrade from Myhill... And he seems to get plenty of save pts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Those with Lukaku, Kane and Vardy. Are you transferring in Ighalo? And who for? Or are you sticking to your guns. I'm in a bit of a predicament here about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

iroced wrote: »
    If you already have a City "attacker" (KDB or Silva) I'd hold off: both are capable of assisting Kun & Ighalo's on fire.

If you don't it's a very tough call. Ighalo did blank in most of Watford toughets game but the guy's on tremendous form and confidence right now while Aguero is just trying to settle back into a struggling City side... Form over fixture or vice versa?

--

As for me. Defence is Kolarov Bellerin Wollscheid Souaré Simpson.
    Dier's rising tonight? Do I really "need" him?

I have KDB, who's been really frustrating the last few weeks. Sensible thing is probably to hold off on Aguero for a couple of weeks, but think I'll wait till closer to the deadline to decide.

Did you transfer in Dier? Who were you thinking of getting rid of? Don't think it's a necessity for you this week, but would probably be a good transfer over the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Thinking of using this half seasons wildcard to the following:

Hennessey/Cech
    Evans/Moreno/Dier/Zouma/Darmian
    Alli/Mahrez/Barkley/Ozil/Willian
    Aguero/Vardy/Lukaku

Opinions? It also leaves me with 1.1 million in the bank for alterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero would want to be scoring more before using a wildcard to bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Those with Lukaku, Kane and Vardy. Are you transferring in Ighalo? And who for? Or are you sticking to your guns. I'm in a bit of a predicament here about him.

I'm sticking with those three for now. Ig has tough fixtures (granted, hasn't stopped him yet), Lukaku and Vardy are in great form, and Kane has a good fixture and some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Brought Ozil (Probably 14 weeks too late) & Delaney in for the festive fixtures. Trebled up on Arsenal players now, should do v well over the next 3 fixtures (sou, BOU, NEW)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

hogey143 wrote: »
    Brought Ozil (Probably 14 weeks too late) & Delaney in for the festive fixtures. Trebled up on Arsenal players now, should do v well over the next 3 fixtures (sou, BOU, NEW)

Same .. really thought he would fizzle out ala Cesc last season but cant ignore him as its costing me points on rivals. Now even if he does nothing i have the cover in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Started this week thinking Aguero or Sanchez, the injury sorted that, but I really want to keep Kane for NOR.

Then got onto midfield punts, Walcott or Ramsey instead of Coutinho? Or is Coutinho (LEI) better than "Walcott/Ramsey" (sou)?

Pretty sure this'd be the third Christmas in a row I took a punt on Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

smog wrote: »
    Same .. really thought he would fizzle out ala Cesc last season but cant ignore him as its costing me points on rivals. Now even if he does nothing i have the cover in.

That's exactly it. Brought him in for Ayew, still wondering why I held on so long even if he has an 'explosive' streak in him..

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Started this week thinking Aguero or Sanchez, the injury sorted that, but I really want to keep Kane for NOR.

Then got onto midfield punts, Walcott or Ramsey instead of Coutinho? Or is Coutinho (LEI) better than "Walcott/Ramsey" (sou)?

Pretty sure this'd be the third Christmas in a row I took a punt on Walcott.

Sanchez is not back until Jan 13th? Even at that questions will be asked if hes rushed in with glass crutches again.

Coutinho has been muck and i dumped him this week for (eventually) Ozil. I would take Ramsey out of that lot particularly against SOU , but him and Walcott particularly always let me down.

hogey143 wrote: »
    That's exactly it. Brought him in for Ayew, still wondering why I held on so long even if he has an 'explosive' streak in him..

Ayew served me well earlier this season with a few differential scores, dumped him for Barkley when Everton started heating up though as Swansea started to drop their heads also. Still though i regret not getting Ozil in earlier, now i have to watch closely if the drops come in fast as bought expensive (which i hate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thing with Aguero is his stats aren't actually all that good. Even if we leave his injury break(s) out. There is one exceptional 25 pointer yea but he has another one or two six pointers and that's about it. Considering he's probably going to last no more than 2 to 4 weeks I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Today's pressers, folks...
    Bournemouth (08:00 GMT); West Brom (08:30); Arsenal (09:00); West Ham (09:30); Tottenham (12:30)

Chelsea (12:30); Man City (12:45); Norwich (13:00); Swansea (14:00); Sunderland (14:00); Man Utd (15:30)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did Hazard to Ozil and Rojo to Bellerin for -4 yesterday. Just enough beans in the bank to finally get rid of that lump Kone for Ighalo next gw. Need to seriously start performing - am over 1.5m rank have never been so bad at this stage! All 3 chips unused but that's about the only positive. Team for this gw:

Hennessy
    Bellerin Kolarov Moreno (Wollscheid, Dawson)
    Ramsey Özil Mahrez Coutinho KDB
    Lukaku Kane (Kone)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

manual_man wrote: »
    Did Hazard to Ozil and Rojo to Bellerin for -4 yesterday. Just enough beans in the bank to finally get rid of that lump Kone for Ighalo next gw. Need to seriously start performing - am over 1.5m rank have never been so bad at this stage! All 3 chips unused but that's about the only positive. Team for this gw:

Hennessy
    Bellerin Kolarov Moreno (Wollscheid, Dawson)
    Ramsey Özil Mahrez Coutinho KDB
    Lukaku Kane (Kone)

I'm just about to transfer out Moreno for one of Wollscheid or Dawson. Moreno has been a complete a total let down since the day I got him and with Skrtel out now, there's even less reason to hold on to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm just about to transfer out Moreno for one of Wollscheid or Dawson. Moreno has been a complete a total let down since the day I got him and with Skrtel out now, there's even less reason to hold on to him

Yeah I'm not sure about him long-term, but you'd fancy Liverpool to bounce back and he does offer a good attacking threat. Skrtel has been shi*e anyway so his absence may be no bad thing. WBA haven't kept a cleanie in the last 5 i think which is a bit surprising, but Dawson's a good player for your squad anyway I think. Wolly is superb value for a Stoke defence that has been doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Alder and Walcott in for Kolarov and Coutinho. Done. Leaves me:

De Gea
    Bellerin Dawson Alder
    KDB Ozil Walcott Mahrez
    Kane Lukaku Vardy

Hennessy, Souare, Nyom, Wanyama

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Boskowski wrote: »
    Thing with Aguero is his stats aren't actually all that good. Even if we leave his injury break(s) out. There is one exceptional 25 pointer yea but he has another one or two six pointers and that's about it. Considering he's probably going to last no more than 2 to 4 weeks I'm not sure it's worth it.

No he wasn't firing all cylinders in the lead up to the 5 point week, but this game has always told me that when Man City are at home to pretty much anyone that aren't super strong defensively, then Aguero will punish me badly if I don't captain him. It's the proximity to the Leicester game that makes me not want to go with him at all. Something has to give somewhere in terms of minutes, increasing the points expectancy required in the minutes he does play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I might gamble on either Moreno or Bertrand to Kompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will probably bring in Williams for this GW.
    I know Swansea are in the bottom 3 but a home fixture against WBA is appealing.
    My WC will be in play as soon as this GW begins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I might gamble on either Moreno or Bertrand to Kompany.

Get rid of both, both defences have been muck the last while, and are not getting any better. Not sure if Kompany is the answer, might be better off with some more Spurs cover if you dont have some already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pellegrini: "Sergio was ready to play – he needed minutes. Maybe for three or four games he won’t play 90 mins as he’s coming back".

Not necessarily bad news imo. Implies 70 or 80 minutes rather than being rested or not starting.

They need him to get some minutes (and goals) under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've no idea how but mata has survived yet another week!
    no point taking a -4 so I'll leave him on the bench.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

FHFC wrote: »
    Pellegrini: "Sergio was ready to play – he needed minutes. Maybe for three or four games he won’t play 90 mins as he’s coming back".

Not necessarily bad news imo. Implies 70 or 80 minutes rather than being rested or not starting.

They need him to get some minutes (and goals) under his belt.

I'd probably take 70 mins of kun at home to Sunderland over 90 mins of anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Get rid of both, both defences have been muck the last while, and are not getting any better. Not sure if Kompany is the answer, might be better off with some more Spurs cover if you dont have some already

Yeah both have been a failure except for the first few weeks I had Bertrand. I was thinking of getting Alder in, but I really want to get a City defender as soon as Kompany is back to make some ground on everyone else. Getting rid of both would mean a (-4) which would be a bit excessive for defenders.

Advertisement