Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Nothing like jumping into a freshly made bed...love the smell of freshly washed linen.

Love really frosty mornings and purposely wakening up early, knowing that I can go back to sleep.

A nice warm fire with a crappy movie on a ****ty Sunday evening never gets old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

osarusan wrote: »
    Watching a nature programme on BBC1 now.

The education about insects I'd never heard of, the extraordinary quality of the camerawork, the soothing voice of David Attenborough...it's a pleasure.

I did this exact thing on Sunday. Under a blanket, in jammies, drinking tea wiyh the curtains closed. It is pretty much a perfect day for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Soup! Made soup yesterday. I was afraid it might be awful because I've never cooked soup by instinct, no recipe, no quantities. In general I cook by instinct and I was sick of trying to find a recipe so I said to hell with it and went improv. And there's enough for a container for the freezer and for tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Holi-holidays! Off for a 3 day break with my best friend and meeting two other great mates over there too. I need this so badly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Got into bed last night and my little dog snuggled up beside me with her head on my pillow. I kissed her little head which has that great doggy smell, and tickled her cute, soft ears and scratched her pink belly and then she went off to sleep and I stayed awake for a few minutes just enjoying being close to her and feeling her little breath on my face every time she breathed out. Bliss :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Got into bed last night and my little dog snuggled up beside me with her head on my pillow. I kissed her little head which has that great doggy smell, and tickled her cute, soft ears and scratched her pink belly and then she went off to sleep and I stayed awake for a few minutes just enjoying being close to her and feeling her little breath on my face every time she breathed out. Bliss :)

Good for the soul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The double bed all to myself, a large packet of Manhatten peanuts, and a rattling good box-set from Netflix or Sky on the iPad. Better than sex.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The double bed all to myself, a large packet of Manhatten peanuts, and a rattling good box-set from Netflix or Sky on the iPad. Better than sex.

Couple of cold beers and I'm with you! (not in the bed of course) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Lying in my lovely warm sleeping bag, when camping & listening to the rain drum a cadence off the tent while I slowly drift off to sleep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Listening to cricket commentary on BBC Radio.
    I would never watch cricket on TV but something calming about the general run of conversation and old cricket stories from Boycott and others make it easy listening.
    Bit like much the style of TV golf commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My 4 year old daughter got talking to a priest.
    The preist asked 'Who loves you?'
    Daugther: I don't know.
    Preist: God loves you.
    Daughter: Who the hell is God?

My daughter is a class act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Home Alone being added to Netflix. That'll do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Going to collect my daughter from playschool and right now it looks like im going to be lucky and dogde the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Making chicken Rogan Josh and the smell is divine!
    Also tonight's wine night, plus Strictly's on and The X Factor and I've got Pringles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

fussyonion wrote: »
    Making chicken Rogan Josh and the smell is divine!
    Also tonight's wine night, plus Strictly's on and The X Factor and I've got Pringles!

This would make me happy too :)
    I'm ordering in and taking medicine instead of wine cause I have a cold, raiding my daughters halloween sweet bag for snacks, she's so good she keeps telling everyone they can take what they like from it cause she has loads and she wont eat it all

Tasden wrote: »
    she's so good she keeps telling everyone they can take what they like from it cause she has loads and she wont eat it all

Awww! She sounds adorable. :)

I've done all my laundry, cleaned the place top to bottom and inside out, have bought the groceries, and finished off some work.

There's nothing like having everything in order to give you the warm glow of smug satisfaction. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Candie wrote: »
    Awww! She sounds adorable. :)

I've done all my laundry, cleaned the place top to bottom and inside out, have bought the groceries, and finished off some work.

There's nothing like having everything in order to give you the warm glow of smug satisfaction. :)

Thanks, she is!
    Well done! I had plans to do that but they've been abandoned :o
    I feel the same when I clean up and put clean covers on the bed, the sleep is so lovely cause you've tired yourself out and your bed is so comfy :)

Tasden wrote: »
    Thanks, she is!
    Well done! I had plans to do that but they've been abandoned :o
    I feel the same when I clean up and put clean covers on the bed, the sleep is so lovely cause you've tired yourself out and your bed is so comfy :)

I did that too, I've even wiped out the fridge and the oven! I'm delighted with myself! :)

Playing a game on my phone that says 'hard level' at the start of the level, but finishing it first time.

Spending half the day caught up in painful, traumatic memories, seeing a thread on boards about childhood memories, contributing but not being sure if I'm being inappropriate, and then getting some validation and empathy, and feeling a little more able to cope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Going for a long walk on this cold blustery day only to stumble across a Heinz stall giving out free soup samples outside a shop.

Lovely warm tomato soup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Face timing me sister and little nieces :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Busted have reformed! This news has made my day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

my old phone has been lying down the back of my bed the past few weeks gathering dust after it fell down there, its too much of an effort to retrieve it and I usually don't bother when it falls. but today I decided to fish it out with a duster as the space is too narrow for an arm to fit.

I switched on the phone and charged its dying battery. I had a missed call on it from 20 minutes before. no credit on it so I rang the number on my new phone and turns out the call was for an interview :)

10 minutes later I got another call on my new phone for another interview :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Now that winter is upon us I like the get the oul open fire blazing in the evenings. But it is also the time of year again that my oldest, wisest & biggest German Shepherd reminds of what a great protective & caring lad that he is. Every time I go to light the fire he comes over to me and stands between me and the fireplace to protect me. He will then lean his considerable bulk onto me and try to shepherd my away from the fireplace and the box of matches. He's even taken the matches and tried to hide them on me in the past. After much persuasion and reassurance, he will eventually move away and let me light the fie. Not without sulking of course and throwing his big sad & concerned eyes at me. This will be the evening ritual now throughout the winter and it never fails to touch me and make me happy.

Now that winter is upon us I like the get the oul open fire blazing in the evenings. But it is also the time of year again that my oldest, wisest & biggest German Shepherd reminds of what a great protective & caring lad that he is. Every time I go to light the fire he comes over to me and stands between me and the fireplace to protect me. He will then lean his considerable bulk onto me and try to shepherd my away from the fireplace and the box of matches. He's even taken the matches and tried to hide them on me in the past. After much persuasion and reassurance, he will eventually move away and let me light the fie. Not without sulking of course and throwing his big sad & concerned eyes at me. This will be the evening ritual now throughout the winter and it never fails to touch me and make me happy.

Aw! That's lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That is so beautiful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I apologise in advance for this.

CHRISTMAS SONGS!! :)

Sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Roaring fire on and listening to the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I tried a new inhaler and I can breath so much more easily, it feels so nice to take a nice, deep breath :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement