Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

had to take 12.99 for 2 months
    i was'nt going to get it for 9.99 so took that

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

was on the one euro first month second month full price offer
    emailled to cancel for offered 2 months at 12.99
    prob take it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

km79 wrote: »
    was on the one euro first month second month full price offer
    emailled to cancel for offered 2 months at 12.99
    prob take it
    Every time I cancel I get the usual email with the €12.99 / month offer. I just ignore it but usually about 2 or 3 weeks before my subscription is due to expire they call me and I then get it for €9.99 a month for the following 2 months.

I'm not saying everyone will get a call from them but I'd advise you to wait until the last day before deciding on the €12.99 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So I wonder if any of us on the €99 for 12 months deal will get a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

muffler wrote: »
    Every time I cancel I get the usual email with the €12.99 / month offer. I just ignore it but usually about 2 or 3 weeks before my subscription is due to expire they call me and I then get it for €9.99 a month for the following 2 months.

I'm not saying everyone will get a call from them but I'd advise you to wait until the last day before deciding on the €12.99 offer.

Same here. By email I rejected the 12.99 and told them I would take it for 2 months if it was 9.99. They agreed straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i have opened a new thread on the new offer which is €129 a year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057511790

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Just got a text from SetantaSprt

Call now to avail of your exclusive annual rate of €129 before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

tomslick wrote: »
    Just got a text from SetantaSprt

Call now to avail of your exclusive annual rate of €129 before it's too late.

I just received a text and an email with very same,

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

As above

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Got the text and email today as well.Strongly thinking about it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Have been on the 9.99p/m for a long time, got the phonecall offering me another 2 months at that price but said i wanted something longer, got the 129 for the year, working at 10.75p/m but the hassle of ringing up and playing the game, who will buckle first was starting to ware off.

Happy with the price and took it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Setanta rang me this evening to extend my subscription with the €129 offer. Will automatically cancel in 12 months. Took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I take it 129 is the cheapest on offer for the year or has anyone been offered cheaper? I'll probably just take it...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

I cancelled today via email, i had taken up the 1eur offer and then 25 per month after, signed up in Aug.

Only offer that came back was 2 months for 12.99

I passed as i couldn't be done with the hassle

P_Cash wrote: »
    I cancelled today via email, i had taken up the 1eur offer and then 25 per month after, signed up in Aug.

Only offer that came back was 2 months for 12.99

I passed as i couldn't be done with the hassle

It's the €129 offer for 12 months and NO HASSLE with cancelling that makes it attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

vienne86 wrote: »
    It's the €129 offer for 12 months and NO HASSLE with cancelling that makes it attractive.

Yes, i was hoping to be offered that.

Not much of a loss for me, I'm lucky to see 10mins of MOD these days

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Just signed up for the 2 months for 12.99.

Just wondering does anyody know if you can just cancel after that or is it a contract?

I ticked something about waiving rights to cancellation and pressed submit before i realised what i was doing.

I only realy want the channels for over xmas for the football and ufc.

rogieop wrote: »
    Just signed up for the 2 months for 12.99.

Just wondering does anyody know if you can just cancel after that or is it a contract?

I ticked something about waiving rights to cancellation and pressed submit before i realised what i was doing.

I only realy want the channels for over xmas for the football and ufc.

It will revert to 25 a month in two months unless you contact them before the next payment is taken which will be Dec 14 so ring them by Friday the 11 at the latest and say you want to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Have Setanta removed the monthly packages/ 12 months upfront from the website? I can only see 13€ for 2 months. Setanta were smart running with the 12 month deal before they lost the 3pm rights.

Joo0 wrote: »
    Have Setanta removed the monthly packages/ 12 months upfront from the website? I can only see 13€ for 2 months. Setanta were smart running with the 12 month deal before they lost the 3pm rights.

The 129 offer was never on the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

kooga wrote:

Called them today and told them I wanted the EUR 129 deal. They offered it to me without any fuss. I was a subscriber long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

kooga wrote: »
    It will revert to 25 a month in two months unless you contact them before the next payment is taken which will be Dec 14 so ring them by Friday the 11 at the latest and say you want to cancel

12th of jan you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Does anyone know if the €1 trial is likely to be repeated?

Cheers.

rogieop wrote: »
    12th of jan you mean?

no if you look at their terms you must give 30 days notice and this this notice must be before your next bill is due

so if you signed up yesterday the 12th of November you card was debited. The next payment due is on the 12th of December so you have to ring them before the December payment is due, your service will then terminate around the 11 of January.

believe me I know

No, but the €99 last year was on the website - that's how I signed up.

So the only Premier League games they'll be showing next season are the Saturday evening ones on BT.
    Its a pity its reducing but I guess they still have a good few games between now and the end of the season, plus the rugby and MacGregor so they'll get a good few customers renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So the only Premier League games they'll be showing next season are the Saturday evening ones on BT.
    Its a pity its reducing but I guess they still have a good few games between now and the end of the season, plus the rugby and MacGregor so they'll get a good few customers renewing.

Plus college football, baseball, tennis, NASCAR, golf and a load of other sports. Premier League soccer is not the only sport that they should be benchmarked with...

tallpaul wrote: »
    Plus college football, baseball, tennis, NASCAR, golf and a load of other sports. Premier League soccer is not the only sport that they should be benchmarked with...

Well for me personally, Premier League/CL football is the main reason I get it.
    I've never sat down and watched any of college football, baseball, tennis, NASCAR or golf for more than 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

no if you look at their terms you must give 20 days notice and this this notice must be before your next bill is due

so if you signed up yesterday the 12th of November you card was debited. The next payment due is on the 12th of December so you have to ring them before the December payment is due, your service will then terminate around the 11 of January.

believe me I know
    Agreed.

The 30 day notice period only kicks in AFTER the next billing date so in this instance the person should call or email before the 11th Dec as I think they operate on a 30 day cycle i.e. if signed up yesterday the Dec billing date will be 11th and the Jan billing date will be the 10th. Im not 100% sure on that part but take no chances. Either way the sub will expire 30 days after the billing date.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Agreed.

The 30 day notice period only kicks in AFTER the next billing date so in this instance the person should call or email before the 11th Dec as I think they operate on a 30 day cycle i.e. if signed up yesterday the Dec billing date will be 11th and the Jan billing date will be the 10th. Im not 100% sure on that part but take no chances. Either way the sub will expire 30 days after the billing date.

my mistake wrote 20days instead of 30days. Anyway when you ring to cancel they will offer you a retention deal

Advertisement