Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta €129 a year offer to replace the €99

Options
  • 22-10-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

just off the phone to setanta,

last years offer of €99 for 12 months is being replaced by a €129 offer. all those who are on the €99 offer will be informed.

i was on the €9.99 a month offer with final payment due this weekend and i was offered the 12 month new deal which equates to €10.75 a month. There is no automatic renewal on it so as a once of payment you just get cut off at the end of the 12 months or prior to switch off talk to them.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd definitely take this if it happens. I have been on the 99 for the year offer since Nov 27th last year, so even 129 would be good to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

To be fair, €129 is pretty decent. I doubt I'll take it, as I just find I haven't had either the time or the inclination to watch much BT, but I would say a fair few will go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I have the 125euros for 12months setanta deal

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Clever Setanta hooking everyone with the €99 deal last year, even me, now there sucking you in for an extra €29, well done to there marketing team. Job done. I'll not be sucked in for extra €29, if it remains at €99 I'll renew no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why take €129 for a year if you can keep getting 2 month deals at €9.99 a month.

I'd go €100 again but would rather chance my arm for the cheaper deals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

blade1 wrote: »
    Why take €129 for a year if you can keep getting 2 month deals at €9.99 a month.

I'd go €100 again but would rather chance my arm for the cheaper deals.
    Would seem a lot of bother to keep hoping for deals every month, just to save a tenner over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just got the text for 129 renewal and i ain't going to go for it, 99 euro is the most i will pay.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got the same and I'll be signing on. More than worth it to not have to hunt for poxy unreliable streams regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just got the text and email with the offer.

I think €129 for me anyway that offer is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

No pay by month option with the €129 deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

No pay by month option with the €129 deal?

no
    up front payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

€129 for the month is a great deal. Tons of live footie, plenty of PL/CL matches and great European matches every weekend. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is this available anywhere to anyone not already subscribing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is this available anywhere to anyone not already subscribing?

No harm ringing and asking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Will definitely go for this. Well worth it for the baseball and college football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

They emailed me and offered 2 months for €12.99, I replied asking for the €129 for 12 months deal. They're happy to offer it.

Happy as a pig in sh*t! Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If this is an offer for all not just current subs I'll bite their hands off, worth it for me for the NRL next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Just called them there and signed up. I was a former monthly customer that cancelled last June. They asked if i received an e-mail coz the offer was for existing annual subs. They agreed to the deal if I switched pay method to visa. Automatically cancels after 1 year. Thanks OP, that's a great deal.

The multi room is €25 extra for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Asked on an email when I was already looking for an extension of my current two month offer, was told "that this offer is available to our existing customers." so went for it. Saves emailing every two months for a new offer anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I just don't seem to watch it much so will give it a miss - I need it for a match on 21 November, but reckon I should still have it at that point.

Good value though, and saves this nonsense of ringing evey couple of months.

If this is an offer for all not just current subs I'll bite their hands off, worth it for me for the NRL next season.

Call and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭digiman

I'm currently paying the E21/month on UPC for this after taking up the E2/month for the first 2 months. Would I be able to sign up for this and does anyone know what would happen if I cancelled UPC before the 12 months are up and then moved to Sky? Does the subscription transfer from one to the other?

efb wrote: »
    Call and ask!

I did, was told current subscribers only, actually only got offered the normal deals that are listed on their website. Might try again and maybe someone else might be more accommodating, though I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

I did, was told current subscribers only, actually only got offered the normal deals that are listed on their website. Might try again and maybe someone else might be more accommodating, though I doubt it.

Was told the same thing but the fella didn't even try & sell me the current deal. Will hold off for a better deal to become available. Current prices do not represent value for money in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got the email too but it doesn't have my customer service number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They are strange. I emailed over the weekend asking about any offers, and got a reply just with the list price if 21.99
    Replied that I thought they had a 129 offer, they replied asking if I wanted the 129 offer, and when I said yes they emailed me on the 129 offer.
    Strange way of doing business tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

They are strange. I emailed over the weekend asking about any offers, and got a reply just with the list price if 21.99
    Replied that I thought they had a 129 offer, they replied asking if I wanted the 129 offer, and when I said yes they emailed me on the 129 offer.

were you already an existing customer or were you a former customer??

Fair play for having more luck, I agree though, is a strange, random way of doing business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i got my dad signed up this morning he was never a customer and got the €129 offer.

I rang up initially on saturday to see if i could sign him up and explained that i got the €129 offer last week. They told me to ring back with my dad present. Did that today put him on the phone to talk to setanta. also no connection fee.

so my advice get an existing subscriber to ring and be present.

Advertisement