Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Lukaku or Bony is a head scratcher for sure. Have KDB and no Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

lougal88 wrote: »
    Current team is:
    Cech-McCarthy
    Bellerin-Evans-Naughton-Target-Hangeland
    Alexis-Payet-KdB-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Pelle-Boney-Vardy.

Any advice?
    Thinking maybe Sinclair to Mane/Barkley.

Who is more essential?

If I go Sinclair -> Mane/Barkley should I play the AOA chip?
    What are people's thoughts on the chip, is it worth holding it for a double GW like the other chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If I go Sinclair -> Mane/Barkley should I play the AOA chip?
    What are people's thoughts on the chip, is it worth holding it for a double GW like the other chips?

I'd play it with your defence. Hangeland could be dropped and plays ManU, Targett doesn't play, Naughton plays Arsenal

Mane has better shooting stats than Barkley, I'd probably go him (I have Barkley btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I would like to get Bony as I think they'll roll Norwich easily but then I have 3 ManC players.

My teams is very dependent on Leicester, ManC, Arsenal & Southampton doing well which is making me hesitant to go further down that rabbit hole!

I'd play it with your defence. Hangeland could be dropped and plays ManU, Targett doesn't play, Naughton plays Arsenal

Mane has better shooting stats than Barkley, I'd probably go him (I have Barkley btw)

My other option is take a -4 and get a City/Saints def in for long term.
    Thinking Kompany/VVD.

If I do that though I have a headache of who to drop from front 8.
    Mahrez is jumping out at me due to the Tinkerman.

• Advertisement

My other option is take a -4 and get a City/Saints def in for long term.
    Thinking Kompany/VVD.

If I do that though I have a headache of who to drop from front 8.
    Mahrez is jumping out at me due to the Tinkerman.

Probably bench Mahrez then

Probably bench Mahrez then

Cheers! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a ridiculously stupid idea.
    Thanks for the advice.

Pulis may have another shutout anyway, even against the free-scoring Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In my drunkeness last night, I appear to have swapped out holohan for M'Vila. Me in a drunken state, gets scared of price drops.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have really wanted to get KDB in for weeks and now am taking the plunge for Mata - looks like mata might drop and KDB might rise so am risking that he won't get injured midweek for the sake of a possible 0.2m price swing. Famous last words :o:eek:

Also want to get Darmian out, though was thinking he might get his spot back for CP and there's a possible clean sheet there... not sure it's worth a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have a confession to make, I still don't have Payet :(

My options to get him in are to ship out one of Barkley or Mahrez. Barkley has a lovely run, Mahrez is subject to the odd rotation, so in guessing Mahrez is the one to let go.

Is Mahrez - Payet worth doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shedite27 wrote: »

My options to get him in are to ship out one of Barkley or Mahrez. Barkley has a lovely run, Mahrez is subject to the odd rotation, so in guessing Mahrez is the one to let go.

Yes payet is a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arent you a west ham fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Barkley out. Mahrez and Payet are so reliable.

If you want Lukaku, I'd ship Barkley. Otherwise, I'd ship Mahrez as long as it doesn't mess up Aguero funds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Arent you a west ham fan?
    Yeah, always tried to steer clear of their players to make sure emotional involvement doesn't get in the way.

Yeah, Barkley - Payet sees the logical move. Although Barkely plays Sunderland this week. Keeping two Leicester players seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Myhill

Vertonghen Bellerin Kolarov Prodl Martin

Sanchez KDB Payet Mane dud

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

1FT and haven't been doing good at all this year. Should I focus on my defence or change Ighalo / a Soton attacker?

Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, always tried to steer clear of their players to make sure emotional involvement doesn't get in the way.

Yeah, Barkley - Payet sees the logical move. Although Barkely plays Sunderland this week. Keeping two Leicester players seems strange

Sunderland don't look to be the whipping boys any longer.

Seems strange but only West Ham and Man. City have scored more goals than Leicester.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Myhill

Vertonghen Bellerin Kolarov Prodl Martin

Sanchez KDB Payet Mane dud

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

1FT and haven't been doing good at all this year. Should I focus on my defence or change Ighalo / a Soton attacker?

Any advice appreciated

Vardy, Mahrez and a Southampton defender are probably what you should be bringing in.

Prodl was dropped for the last game and Flores has said he now has three centre backs competing for two positions.
    You probably don't want to play Martin vs Man. City.
    Which means you're kind of relying on Vertongen, Bellerin and Kolarov to keep fit and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Aenaes wrote: »
    Vardy, Mahrez and a Southampton defender are probably what you should be bringing in.

Prodl was dropped for the last game and Flores has said he now has three centre backs competing for two positions.
    You probably don't want to play Martin vs Man. City.
    Which means you're kind of relying on Vertongen, Bellerin and Kolarov to keep fit and play.

Think il move Martin this week and Bring in Van Dijk! 3 Southampton players might be over kill but Van Dijk has goals in him.. serious threat on set pieces

I'm waiting for Vardy to blow up .. Giroud could be an option! plenty of my players with home fixtures this week so might go with the defender move

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On face of it have the bones of a good team but poor captaincy choices and not keeping a close enough eye on things have meant I've lost ground in last while.

1 ft and about 5m in bank (Aguero fund).
    Where needs most fixing?

Myhill. Mc Carthy
    Bellerin. Smalling. Cresswell Ward. Martin
    KDB Mata Payet Mahrez Hoolahan
    Vardy. Pelle. Martial.

Was thinking Martial < Ighalo
    Or Ward to a better cheapie def

Feel free to throw options my way.

Thanks,even missed Ward and Martial price drops as took eye of ball:(

• Advertisement

On face of it have the bones of a good team but poor captaincy choices and not keeping a close enough eye on things have meant I've lost ground in last while.

1 ft and about 5m in bank (Aguero fund).
    Where needs most fixing?

Myhill. Mc Carthy
    Bellerin. Smalling. Cresswell Ward. Martin
    KDB Mata Payet Mahrez Hoolahan
    Vardy. Pelle. Martial.

Was thinking Martial < Ighalo
    Or Ward to a better cheapie def

Feel free to throw options my way.

Thanks,even missed Ward and Martial price drops as took eye of ball:(

I wouldn't want my striker playing on the left wing so probably Martial.

There are a few good options for out an out strikers especially this weekend with the likes of Bony, Kane, Lukaku and Pelle all playing at home to teams they are expected to beat.

Edit - Bony and Pelle probably have the better fixtures up to the international break.

Mata to Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

along with Francis to van dijk im now looking at begovic to lloris
    had considered hart but .7 ml dearer with similar fixtures
    facing into next weekend with yaya as my only city player makes me VERY nervous though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is Azpi to Kolarov as part of a -4 (other move will be Martial to Bony or Lukaku) a crazy transfer?

Azpi was a WC gamble that only worked last GW. He's using too much cash for a player I'm now not that happy to play every week (unlike Kolarov for example). Have Bellerin & Bertie and plan to get Moreno in at some point. So defence is OK overall.

On one hand I'm afraid of a Kolarov 15 pointer this week-end. On the other hand Chelsea have great fixtures (though their form is dire).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I also don't have Payet. Ayew > Payet this week? Any other must haves over the next few GWs?

Currently have:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bellerin/Bertrand/Martin/Souare/STaylor
    KDB/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez/Wanyama
    Martial/Pelle/Vardy

Maybe STaylor for Simpson as well? I've 2 FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I also don't have Payet. Ayew > Payet this week? Any other must haves over the next few GWs?

Currently have:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bellerin/Bertrand/Martin/Souare/STaylor
    KDB/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez/Wanyama
    Martial/Pelle/Vardy

Maybe STaylor for Simpson as well? I've 2 FTs.

I would do martial to ighalo/bony. Martial is playing out on the wing for a team that isn't scoring goals. City could easily put 4 or 5 past Norwich, so bony is a good choice, and ighalo has been consistently good this season, and seems to be somehow involved in all of watfords goals.

Need to get rid of Naughton. He has been a complete FPL troll tbh.

Ideal replacement?
    Already have Bellerin. I'm thinking either City or Saints def cover as I don't have any.
    Bear in mind I did Kol->Bellerin early last week thinking Kol was out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Looking for some advice on keepers please.

At the moment I have Begovic and McCarthy.

I had been thinking about Lloris (I missed the price rise last night).

I think WBA are going to have it tougher to keep clean sheets over the next few game weeks.

De Gea is looking quite solid for Man U but I don't usually go for a premium keeper.

Any advice, insight is welcome.

Colking wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on keepers please.

At the moment I have Begovic and McCarthy.

I had been thinking about Lloris (I missed the price rise last night).

I think WBA are going to have it tougher to keep clean sheets over the next few game weeks.

De Gea is looking quite solid for Man U but I don't usually go for a premium keeper.

Any advice, insight is welcome.

I'd strongly consider Stekelenburg. Back from injury and was unlucky not to keep a cleanie at the weekend (Bentekkers wondergoal).

Great fixtures and a solid defence in front of him.
    5m though if that's in any way offputting. I'd defo go for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'd strongly consider Stekelenburg. Back from injury and was unlucky not to keep a cleanie at the weekend (Bentekkers wondergoal).

Great fixtures and a solid defence in front of him.
    5m though if that's in any way offputting. I'd defo go for him!

Thanks, I hadn't been considering him tbh but with Southamptons fixtures he's a definite possibility

My full team atm is :

Begovic McCarthy
    Bertrand Dawson Francis Coleman Bellerín
    Drinkwater Payet Mahrez De Bruyne Sánchez
    Pellè Vardy Costa

Going with Stekelenburg will give me 3 Southampton (not a huge digfficulty for me as I'll probably move BUIB along after their nice run finishes)

Before the Jagielka injury I was looking at Howard as a possibility also but the Everton fans seem to have great confidence that Funes Mori will come in and fill his shoes very well.

Advertisement