Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would you not just plump for Myhill? I know fixtures aren't great but he tends to hover up save points even in the difficult games.

I honestly can't understand why some people don't have him at this stage. It's a no-brained for me.

he is the 3rd one I'm thinking of BUT another transfer needed in 6\7 weeks possibly needed at a busy time of year along with the fixtures has me reluctant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Has there been any definite word on when Aguero will be back?

City vs Norwich could be a bloodbath after what Newcastle did to them.

To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! :)

Are you staying clear of Lukaku? I'm tempted to get Sterling till Aguero back. If he plays up alongside Bony again today i may double up with him and KDB. I'll be getting rid of Hazard and Sahko this week so thinking Sterling and Lukaku as I'd lake 2 city attackers v Norwich.

I'd then probably play aoa as my defence have dreadful fixtures gw11 and my front 8 would be..

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! :)

Are you staying clear of Lukaku? I'm tempted to get Sterling till Aguero back. If he plays up alongside Bony again today i may double up with him and KDB. I'll be getting rid of Hazard and Sahko this week so thinking Sterling and Lukaku as I'd lake 2 city attackers v Norwich.

I'd then probably play aoa as my defence have dreadful fixtures gw11 and my front 8 would be..

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)

That's an interesting idea alright. I have 2fts so could go Wanyama to Sterling and Martial to Lukaku. Then play AOA. Only difference to you is I have Payet and not Mane. West Ham are away to Watford so not a terrible fixture either.

Will see how today's games go first. I'm still hoping Martial might give me a reason to hold onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont think they'll stop Leicester from scoring tbh

Dawson can deliver a good ball in to the box and picks up a few assists, Myhill usually gets a few save points.

I wasn't overly confident of them keeping a cleanie against Norwich, a side that prior to yesterday had scored in all of their home fixtures. Never underestimate Tony's ability to keep a clean sheet.

I'll still be lining up with Dawson and MyHill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Have a midfield of Sanchez Payet Wijnaldum Mahrez (Westwood). 5.9m itb and I need to squeeze KDB in (could be tempted by Sterling if he goes wild today). Strikers are Vardy Costa and Berahino.

Is it madness to get rid of Mahrez for KDB? They still have decent fixtures, he's the second highest scoring midfielder in the game and it would cost me an extra 0.5m extra to get him back so it's not an easy one.

Could alternatively dump Costa or Berahino for Bony but I've never been his biggest fan.

The Manchester derby might reveal a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'll be trying to bank it this week I feel, unless it looks like Simpson is gonna rise, would like to get him in at 3.9 for Martin who in spite of his occasional heroics doesn't look like ever getting a clean sheet ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Looks like I may have to move JOS on.
    Bertrand most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

To move this from the price changes thread before we incur the bold writing!! smile.png

Sterling, KDB (NOR)
    Mane, Pelle (BOU)
    Sanchez (swa)
    Mahrez, Vardy (wba)
    Lukaku (SUN)
    That's an interesting idea alright. I have 2fts so could go Wanyama to Sterling and Martial to Lukaku. Then play AOA. Only difference to you is I have Payet and not Mane. West Ham are away to Watford so not a terrible fixture either.

Will see how today's games go first. I'm still hoping Martial might give me a reason to hold onto him.
    I'm in a very similar boat to Lemlin and my first idea was Martial to either Lukaku or Bony.

But I may take advantage of keeping Saylor and its associated huge banked cash and give more thought to this Wanyama + Martial to Sterling + Lukaku and AOA option (of find someone to bench). It'd be for a -4 for me but it may be worth it. It's crazy how a badly timed (Kol -> Bellerin) transfer can do to your team. I'd be in such a better position had I gone for this one last GW...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Might do Darmian to Bellerin with one of my FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Probably Mata and Ben Davies to be shown the door this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane hatrick and favourable fixtures. I smell a proper replacement for Aguero incoming

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar boat to Lemlin and my first idea was Martial to either Lukaku or Bony.

But I may take advantage of keeping Saylor and its associated huge banked cash and give more thought to this Wanyama + Martial to Sterling + Lukaku and AOA option (of find someone to bench). It'd be for a -4 for me but it may be worth it. It's crazy how a badly timed (Kol -> Bellerin) transfer can do to your team. I'd be in such a better position had I gone for this one last GW...

Having thought about this, I'm not sure I trust either Lukaku or Sterling enough. Sunderland won't be the pushover they were under Big Sam.

Martial to Kane, home to Villa, looks a possibility. I might even then go Wanyama to Mane and play AOA still.

Having thought about this, I'm not sure I trust either Lukaku or Sterling enough. Sunderland won't be the pushover they were under Big Sam.

Martial to Kane, home to Villa, looks a possibility. I might even then go Wanyama to Mane and play AOA still.

I could also do Hazard to Payet and Sahko to Kane. But i fear City v Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Martial out. Lukaku, Bony or Kane in.....probably Lukaku

Might be wise to have a Southampton defender for their next two fixtures as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy with team so will keep as is for FT in GW 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

CSF wrote: »
    Hard to justify bringing in an Everton defender after this and the last game. That previously was the plan.

Played last seasons top 7 already... I'd expect to see an run of wins
    Keeping Barkley in with an eye on Lukaku as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So far have done:

Begovic -> Myhill
    Francis -> Kolarov

For a -4. Could do with getting an Everton player in but not sure who I want yet. Have a front 3 of Pelle, Vardy and Ighalo which I am happy with for now...Pelle may get the boot for Lukaku though but not til after the Bournemouth fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I assume it's a one match ban for Mane?

I can afford Mane to KDB and Martial might go-he's wasted on the left at United as Rooney plays rubbish again through the centre.

2 FT's could be Mane->KDB and Martial->Kane.

zerks wrote: »
    I assume it's a one match ban for Mane?

I can afford Mane to KDB and Martial might go-he's wasted on the left at United as Rooney plays rubbish again through the centre.

2 FT's could be Mane->KDB and Martial->Kane.

He serves it in the League Cup. Available for Bournemouth. Some relief as initially thought my AOA plan was bollixed.

Anyone seen much if everton? Not much fondness for Barkley round here, could be worth a look rather than flaky Romelu for these nice fixtures. Barkley and Kane could be done rather than Sterling and Lukaku....

• Advertisement

Yeah me neither now that Sterling was taken off early today. A -4 for him could be a disaster.

Think I'll just get Bony (or Lukaku - not sure about him, he rarely did it for me, a bit like Pellè for some here but worse, much worse -) in for Martial.

Kane. I'm not sure. He got a hatty today. OK. Wijnaldum scored 4 last week. It's only 1 game and Wiji is actually more in form. Kane will have Arsenal away, WH & Chelsea at home & WB away in the next 4 after Villa. Lukaku & Bony have a much much better run.

That said, after an almost perfect WC, I've been making all the wrong calls these last 2 GWs...

Yeah me neither now that Sterling was taken off early today. A -4 for him could be a disaster.

Think I'll just get Bony (or Lukaku - not sure about him, he rarely did it for me, a bit like Pellè for some here but worse, much worse -) in for Martial.

Kane. I'm not sure. He got a hatty today. OK. Wijnaldum scored 4 last week. It's only 1 game and Wiji is actually more in form. Kane will have Arsenal away, WH & Chelsea at home & WB away in the next 4 after Villa. Lukaku & Bony have a much much better run.

That said, after an almost perfect WC, I've been making all the wrong calls these last 2 GWs...

Think I'll go for Bony alright and perhaps Mane. Pelle could then go to Lukaku the following week. Bony could sit until Kun is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Anyone seen much if everton? Not much fondness for Barkley round here, could be worth a look rather than flaky Romelu for these nice fixtures. Barkley and Kane could be done rather than Sterling and Lukaku....

Barkley is must have for this Everton run imo. Was going to get him and Lukaku but now I'm trying to decide between Bony, Kane and Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sanchez - Mane - Payet - KDB - Mahrez are my current 5 mids.

I am strongly considering getting rid of Mahrez to either go for Ozil or a City mid, likely Ozil tbh.

Igahlo -Costa - Vardy

Costa will go for Lukaku, Kane or Bony. Or I could also sell Igahlo and try get Bony and one of Lukaku or Kane then bench Mahrez v WBA.

Some advice be appreciated as I'm laungushing around 350k and struggling to get a rythm going after a couple of good weeks.

bohsman wrote: »
    Barkley is must have for this Everton run imo. Was going to get him and Lukaku but now I'm trying to decide between Bony, Kane and Lukaku.
    If you get Barkley in, doesn't it ease your chocie for the forward? Or you're that up for doubling up on Everton's attack?

Also would you rate Barkley better than Lukaku? In a potential strong front 8 Barkley could replace Wanyama for me.
    Strong front 8 have rarely paid off for me though and the ones who played Walcott yesterday got very lucky with him not subbing in (don't think that has happened often).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would you not just plump for Myhill? I know fixtures aren't great but he tends to hover up save points even in the difficult games.

I honestly can't understand why some people don't have him at this stage. It's a no-brained for me.

I'm thinking maybe the saints keeper now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hopefully a nice and boring Francis to Moreno as long as no injuries pop up. Going to stick with my pound shop attack for at least another GW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you get Barkley in, doesn't it ease your chocie for the forward? Or you're that up for doubling up on Everton's attack?

Also would you rate Barkley better than Lukaku? In a potential strong front 8 Barkley could replace Wanyama for me.
    Strong front 8 have rarely paid off for me though and the ones who played Walcott yesterday got very lucky with him not subbing in (don't think that has happened often).

I don't have the stats but Walcott I feel is less likely to come off the bench when arsenal are winning i mentoned it during yesterdays game. My theory is that giroud will get left on for his height at defending set pieces. Walcott is also more attacking than ox or Ramsey on the right so that change is unlikely. The most likely swap is for sanchez but wenger tends to bring on gibbs for him when arsenal are winning. It was a lucky break but I always suggested Walcott as an option as part of a strong front 8. Things have changed now anyway so theo is gone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hopefully a nice and boring Francis to Moreno as long as no injuries pop up. Going to stick with my pound shop attack for at least another GW

Pound shop attack doing greats things for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I see Barkley in a similar mould to Mane, bursting runs through and a great shot. Lukaku is obviously similar to Pelle from a FF POV but with Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth, Norwich in their next 6 with the other 2 games being Palace and West Ham I'm probably going to double up.

I like having a strong front 8, some headaches obviously but I'd rather have a strong player come in if there's a late injury, doesn't do TV any harm either.

Advertisement