Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

CruelCoin wrote: »
    You don't think the stabbing of that family was indiscriminate?.

They were targeted because they were settlers.

The combination of your provided links, all of which point to israeli consequence without bothering their hole to mention cause.

So nobody or no article linked referenced anything that happened to mention Jews, Judaism etc but you refuse to admit it.

The cause is the colonisation/occupation. It's not possible to brutalise a people for over 40 years unless you institutionalise viewing them in a negative light, as 'children of a lesser god'. The lack of prosecution for this kind of thing underlines this stance, as it gives tacit approval to what cannot be publically acknowledged for PR purposes.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Precisely. If it was a band of Paddies decided they owned a few million acres of the middle east because some sky fairy said so and they set up a state with racist citizenship laws, they'd equally be land grabbing supremacist criminals.

Absolutely. Religion, ethnicity and nationality are irrelevant. It's what states and people do that's important and of real-world significance. Robert Mugabe, to think of an example, is no more and no less a homophobic racist because he's "black" and his ethnicity is not the cause of justified criticism of his deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

You've made a claim that israelis have under observation" deliberately targeted kids. Please provide a link?
    Sorry, i meant "link" salad.

The whole "can you give a link for that" ruins discussion.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

In this particular imaginary scenario, there is no car stolen, as the old car was crushed.

Bullish!t. Land is land. The settlers do not own it. Anything they have done with it is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

No
    Nodin wrote: »
    They were targeted because they were settlers.

So nobody or no article linked referenced anything that happened to mention Jews, Judaism etc but you refuse to admit it.

The cause is the colonisation/occupation. It's not possible to brutalise a people for over 40 years unless you institutionalise viewing them in a negative light, as 'children of a lesser god'. The lack of prosecution for this kind of thing underlines this stance, as it gives tacit approval to what cannot be publically acknowledged for PR purposes.

I've always seen it as a reaction. The palestinians kidnap a soldier, israel levels a neighbourhood. The palestinians launch a rocket, israel bombs a suburb. The reaction is disproportionate, but angry bears will do what angry bears will do when prodded with a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I've always seen it as a reaction. The palestinians kidnap a soldier, israel levels a neighbourhood. The palestinians launch a rocket, israel bombs a suburb. The reaction is disproportionate, but angry bears will do what angry bears will do when prodded with a stick.

I see it the other way.

Israeli's steal land and allow settlers in -- Palestinians fight back.
    IDF bomb city -- youth join Hamas to fight back.
    IDF target schools and hospitals and murder Palestinians -- Hamas try to strike back by firing rusty bucket rockets.
    Israeli cicilians celebrate innocent Palestinian deaths -- youth stabs Israelis.

Bears will do that when constantly prodded with a stick.

...then I'd suggest educating yourself as to the ongoing situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Usually pro-Israeli guff that excuses their crimes. Your post has done nothing to look at what is going on. It's a roll your eyes to the sky job.

"Isn't it terrible, they hate each other, sure what can you do".

Why not look at the conditions that have created the current situation, i.e. the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians?

If it wasn't so serious it'd be funny that posters here talk about Palestinians hating Israelis. Wtf do you expect after seventy years of Zionist terrorism?

What realistic, rational scenarios would you posit for any kind of workable, peaceful solution to status quo? If that is in fact something you're interested in. I genuinely want to know because these threads always become more personal and angrier the longer they continue.

When I was younger I remember how people were genuinely committed to finding peace for this intractable conflict, but in today's viral landscape, most people choose 'solidarity' with one side, dredge up the same hyperbolic talking points, and swallow their side's propaganda for virtue signalling on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No
    ...then I'd suggest educating yourself as to the ongoing situation.

Relax with the condescension, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What realistic, rational scenarios would you posit for any kind of workable, peaceful solution to status quo? If that is in fact something you're interested in. I genuinely want to know because these threads always become more personal and angrier the longer they continue.

When I was younger I remember how people were genuinely committed to finding peace for this intractable conflict, but in today's viral landscape, most people choose 'solidarity' with one side, dredge up the same hyperbolic talking points, and swallow their side's propaganda for virtue signalling on social media.

Trials for all political and military leaders who may have committed war crimes, regardless of nationality or religion (if any) with no immunity whatsoever.

Respect for international law. Removal of all criminals living outside international law. These criminals either leave immediately or face prosecution for their crimes.

Either Israel's military being slimmed down as it is a massive threat to peace with regard to the Palestinians or else ensuring Palestine has an adequate military to protect itself from the Israeli threat.

Immediate humanitarian aid for all those regardless of nationality or religion (if any) in need of help with regard to housing, water, education, health, etc.

Allow all refugees to return to their homes. If their homes have been destroyed, they must be accomadated as close as possible to their original homes. If some refugees choose not to return home they must be fully compensated by the state that expelled them. This applies to all refugees expelled from Israel/Palestine or refugees who fled to I/P as a result of expulsion/persecution elsewhere. Again applies to all regardless of nationality or religion (if any).

That'd do for a start off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Either Israel's military being slimmed down as it is a massive threat to peace with regard to the Palestinians or else ensuring Palestine has an adequate military to protect itself from the Israeli threat.

Israel's military is being driven by religious dominated policies. They continue to protect those that are most likely to get killed and those people are the Jewish settlers ignore the rest of secular country. This task is make virtually impossible since for Palestinian Muslims all Jews have a target on their back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

If a soldier shoots a child knowing its a child and unarmed, then that's inexcusable. If a palestinian stabs an israeli civilian, then its inexcusable.

In a non apartheid society you would expect both killers to be treated similarly.

Have you any examples of the home of the families of idf members being demolished as collective punishment of an entire family for the actions of an individual

Also would you have an example of a Palestinian who was sentenced to be transferred to another department in their employment for killing an unarmed israeli child?

Everyone says they're for "peace". Israel wants "peace" so that it can carry on doing what its doing with even less expense.

Israeli colonisation is a fact, not propaganda.

No
    RustyNut wrote: »
    In a non apartheid society you would expect both killers to be treated similarly.

Have you any examples of the home of the families of idf members being demolished as collective punishment of an entire family for the actions of an individual

Also would you have an example of a Palestinian who was sentenced to be transferred to another department in their employment for killing an unarmed israeli child?

No for both obviously, but that doesn't excuse stabbings and i think you know that.

No for both obviously, but that doesn't excuse stabbings and i think you know that.

Well what do you think they should do? And please be specific.

No
    Well what do you think they should do? And please be specific.
    Stop with the patronising, thanks"

A halt on settling. A freeze on borders as stands right now, a release of any and all political prisoners, a return to the negotiating table (sans hamas, who simply will never accept the existence of an israeli state) without any preconditions of any kind. Al that good stuff.

Its all a fantasy though, as neither side will ever adher to this.
    Peace will have to be imposed via Nato (the UN being as inneffective as it is), not agreed on, not negotiated for, just imposed. I don't believe anything else will work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Peace will have to be imposed via Nato (the UN being as inneffective as it is), not agreed on, not negotiated for, just imposed. I don't believe anything else will work.
    Hang on, you think the US vetoes everything the UN will ever do to stop Israel but they're going to let NATO put troops on the ground there? WHA?!?!

Stop with the patronising, thanks"

A halt on settling. A freeze on borders as stands right now, a release of any and all political prisoners, a return to the negotiating table (sans hamas, who simply will never accept the existence of an israeli state) without any preconditions of any kind. Al that good stuff.

Its all a fantasy though, as neither side will ever adher to this.

I meant what do you think the Palestinians should do, faced with the current situation.

No
    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hang on, you think the US vetoes everything the UN will ever do to stop Israel but they're going to let NATO put troops on the ground there? WHA?!?!

Fine... nato, un, nana, asshata, whatever collection of nations as needed to put boots on the ground.

I don't care what the acronym is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Fine... nato, un, nana, asshata, whatever collection of nations as needed to put boots on the ground.

I don't care what the acronym is.
    So your solution for the Palestinian people to stop their country being stolen and their children being bombed is to invoke a non-existent group represented by an acronym cobbled together for purely "comedic" value?
    Have you forwarded this suggestion to them for consideration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I meant what do you think the Palestinians should do, faced with the current situation.

Not stab people, shoot people or drive over them with vans. Or are you somehow going to justify today's murders as well?

Not stab people, shoot people or drive over them with vans. Or are you somehow going to justify today's murders as well?

Ahh yes, I asked you for some specific ideas earlier. Any luck coming with some?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Ahh yes, I asked you for some specific ideas earlier. Any luck coming with some?

Not stab people, shoot people or drive over them with vans would be a good start.

Perhaps you have some ideas that don't involve murder or attempted murder?

Not stab people, shoot people or drive over them with vans would be a good start. ?

So you've no solutions whatsoever? Not one? Yet here you are demanding a people that been under the boot for the last 50 years lie there and take it.
    Perhaps you have some ideas that don't involve murder or attempted murder?

BDS springs to mind, and keeping the pressure on the EU to stand up to the US. That seems to be two more than some can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Another lunatic Palestinian has ploughed his car into people standing at a bus stop. Then he proceeds to hack to death any survivors with a neat clever.

Israelis are under serious attack from these blood thirsty maniacal terrorist. :mad:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/13/video-palestinian-terrorist-runs-over-israelis-hacks-one-to-death/

mad muffin wrote: »
    Another lunatic Palestinian has ploughed his car into people standing at a bus stop. Then he proceeds to hack to death any survivors with a neat clever.

Israelis are under serious attack from these blood thirsty maniacal terrorist. :mad:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/13/video-palestinian-terrorist-runs-over-israelis-hacks-one-to-death/

Shall we do a count of Palestinians killed by Israelis and Israelis killed by Palestinians? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

EXACTLY!!!!! And the Palestinians have been prodded and poked with a stick for the last 48 years.

No
    EXACTLY!!!!! And the Palestinians have been prodded and poked with a stick for the last 48 years.

So the best thing to do would be to stop the prodding both ways, yes?

This would include: no more stabbings, no more bombings, free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports, recognition of the israeli states right to existence, etc etc. And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets.

But meh, parts of this notion has already been ridiculed by the others above.

So the best thing to do would be to stop the prodding both ways, yes?

This would include: no more stabbings, no more bombings, free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports, recognition of the israeli states right to existence, etc etc. And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets.

But meh, parts of this notion has already been ridiculed by the others above.

So no right to exist for Palestine?

What about no more US taxpayer donated rockets?

What about the removal of criminal settlers?

No more house demolitions?

• Advertisement

No
    So no right to exist for Palestine?

What about no more US taxpayer donated rockets?

What about the removal of criminal settlers?

No more house demolitions?

All covered under etc etc.

I'm not going sit here and list all the grievances both sides hold (there are many).

Stop being pedantic, you know full well i meant "stop all the bad ****"

Advertisement