Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

I see that clown Mark Humphrey's has quoted one of nodin's post's on his website.

http://markhumphrys.com/irish.israel.twitter.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I see that clown Mark Humphrey's has quoted one of nodin's post's on his website.

http://markhumphrys.com/irish.israel.twitter.html
    Ha, I had him as a lecturer in uni. We had a good giggle at his personal website back then, now it's just a bit disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CruelCoin wrote: »
    All covered under etc etc.

I'm not going sit here and list all the grievances both sides hold (there are many).

Stop being pedantic, you know full well i meant "stop all the bad ****"

I'm not being pedantic.

The majority of your suggestions were making it sound like it was the fault of the victims, but yeah, I'm sure you meant all those things to protect Palestinians in your "etc, etc". :rolleyes: How odd they all ended up being covered by that abbreviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This would include: no more stabbings, no more bombings,

The settlements expand regardless of Palestinian violence. Violence from Israel and Israeli settlers happen no matter how peaceful or violent Palestinians are.
    free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports,

Well that would certainly help, but I don't see the Israeli government doing that.
    recognition of the israeli states right to existence

PLO did this back in the 90s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93Palestine_Liberation_Organization_letters_of_recognition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ha, I had him as a lecturer in uni. We had a good giggle at his personal website back then, now it's just a bit disturbing.

Hilarious to note that he quotes me with a screenshot then attributes to me words and sentiments that I never uttered, here or elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

No
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    I'm not being pedantic.

The majority of your suggestions were making it sound like it was the fault of the victims, but yeah, I'm sure you meant all those things to protect Palestinians in your "etc, etc". :rolleyes: How odd they all ended up being covere by that abbreviation.
    mY LIST: "no more stabbings, no more bombings, free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports, recognition of the israeli states right to existence, etc etc. And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets."

Now lets play a little game called counting:
    Palestine vs Israel (in favour)
    no more stabbings 0-1
    no more bombings 1-1
    free travel to holy sites 2-1
    unblockaded ports 3-1
    recognition of the israeli states right to existence 3-2
    And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets 3-3

A nice even split. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nodin wrote: »
    Hilarious to note that he quotes me with a screenshot then attributes to me words and sentiments that I never uttered, here or elsewhere.

Saw that. Pretty nasty thing to do, also on his own web site, where he won't have people pointing out he was putting words in people mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Jaysus he seems a bit over excited that his site is banned in Iran

There is the problem with certain fringe groupings, in that if you censor them, you feed their own sense of importance and relevance when in truth they have neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I wonder what Iran has against comedy.

• Advertisement

mY LIST: "no more stabbings, no more bombings, free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports, recognition of the israeli states right to existence, etc etc. And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets."

no more stabbings 0-1
    no more bombings 1-1
    unblockaded ports 3-1
    And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets 3-3

A nice even split. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only pure gain above that would be purely Palestinian is unblockading ports.

Or are you actually so deluded that you don't think Palestinians getting bombed by Israel? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

So the best thing to do would be to stop the prodding both ways, yes?

This would include: no more stabbings, no more bombings, free travel to holy sites, unblockaded ports, recognition of the israeli states right to existence, etc etc. And for the love of the ****ing sky wizard, no more Acme(tm) build-it-yerself rockets.

But meh, parts of this notion has already been ridiculed by the others above.
    and the most important one. israel goes back within its borders. the legitimate borders set in 1948.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Count these numbers and see how they balance out.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Count these numbers and see how they balance out.

Now, now, don't you know both sides suffer similar amounts or Israelis suffer even more even though they are the occupiers.

Anyone claiming otherwise must be anti-semitic rabid racist Hamas loving worse than Hitler type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

no more stabbings 0-1
    no more bombings 1-1
    unblockaded ports 3-1

How can the Palestinians recognise the Israeli right of statehood when they are themselves denied sovereignty? The Israeli gvt can and do cut funding to the Authority as they please. They have the Palestinians on a life support unit and can switch it off whenever they want.

Terrorist attack in the West Bank.

Video footage in the link.

I'm sure the non-racist, unbiased Israeli "Defence" Forces will follow up with mass raids and detentions across the community from which the terrorists come from.

Right?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/david-amos-gun-wielding-gang-of-israeli-settlers-attack-british-pro-palestinian-volunteer-in-west-a6693986.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Terrorist attack
    How does the word "terrorist" differentiate between Hamas, settler and IDF attacks here?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    How does the word "terrorist" differentiate between Hamas, settler and IDF attacks here?

The only difference as I see it is that in Isreali detention facilities you are not tortured. Although lately that is blurring with Israeli illegal actions in the occupied territory we don't know what is happening in the police stations.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The only difference as I see it is that in Isreali detention facilities you are not tortured. Although lately that is blurring with Israeli illegal actions in the occupied territory we don't know what is happening in the police stations.

*cough
    *splutter

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Settlers and IDF attacks are terrorist attacks carried out by occupying forces.

Hamas and Palestinian groups are resistance groups.

Only racist, pro-colonial bigots see it the other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I'm sure the non-racist, unbiased Israeli "Defence" Forces will follow up with mass raids and detentions across the community from which the terrorists come from.

Right?

Do you see anyone here defending that?

Whereas when settlers are killed there's all kinds of justifications for it.

Yeah, because they're settlers. Not difficult now is it?

Nodin wrote: »

Give us a break, what else could your post have meant. It boils down to "they're settlers, they're fair game". You got caught out and no amount of weasel words can get you out of it.

Yeah, because they're settlers. Not difficult now is it?

So they deserve to die is that it?

So Palestinians or any other Arab state is justified in bombarding Israeli towns, good to know where you stand on this issue.

Everyone knows retaliation to Israeli war crimes will lead to only more reprisals. Netanyahu is already looking at starting wars with Palestinian allies what use is committing acts of terrorism against Israeli citizens and settlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No

Such hyperbolic, biased garbage. Anyone who disagrees with you is a racist :pac: At least you don't try to pretend you don't support Hamas.

Where did I say anyone was defending it? Why did you make that up?

My point was obviously about the racist attitude of the Israeli "Defence" Forces.
    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    So Palestinians or any other Arab state is justified in bombarding Israeli towns, good to know where you stand on this issue.

Everyone knows retaliation to Israeli war crimes will lead to only more reprisals. Netanyahu is already looking at starting wars with Palestinian allies what use is committing acts of terrorism against Israeli citizens and settlers.

Where did I say anything about other Arab states? Stop making things up that I didn't say. Not too much to ask, is it?

And they are not acts of terrorism, they are acts of resistance. The terrorism belongs to the Israelis.
    Such hyperbolic, biased garbage. Anyone who disagrees with you is a racist :pac: At least you don't try to pretend you don't support Hamas.

I pointed out that Hamas is a resistance group, which it is. It's resisting the Israeli occupation of Palestine.

That's all, but again, well done for making stuff up. :rolleyes:

Are you actually disputing that about Hamas?

I pointed out that Hamas is a resistance group, which it is. It's resisting the Israeli occupation of Palestine.

There's a difference between resistance and terrorism. Resistance is generally a non-violent type of protest whereas terrorism embraces violence and murder. You can resist without shooting or stabbing people, your post just sounds like you want to justify extreme violence.

There's a difference between resistance and terrorism. Resistance is generally a non-violent type of protest whereas terrorism embraces violence and murder. You can resist without shooting or stabbing people, your post just sounds like you want to justify extreme violence.

Fun fact: The French word La Résistance means terrorist now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

No
    Now, now, don't you know both sides suffer similar amounts or Israelis suffer even more even though they are the occupiers.

Anyone claiming otherwise must be anti-semitic rabid racist Hamas loving worse than Hitler type.

Don't be so dramatic. You're the only one using this tone.

Advertisement