Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Sami23

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Fosters, cider (forget which brand) and murphys. Blue wkd and Smirnoff ice too

6 or 7 for a pint and 20 for a jug

Think there's chips and that inside

This is going from last year so could be different this year

C ya all in citywest later

Jugs were 15 euro last two years so I'd expect same again this year.
    You can get chicken curry with rice and chips for 7.50 and burgers also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mardle & the commentator will need to wipe their mouths after this game

*suck suck*Michael Smith*Suck suck suck*he's so good*suck*and natural*suck suck*he's the new ade lewis*suck suck suck SPURLGE*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

How many times does chisnalls 3rd dart on 180 miss the bed jees

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great win for Klaasen, I thought he played some great stuff and deserved the win.

Commentators just announced that big Andy Fordham has qualified for the Grand Slam!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What a nightmare night for favs.

Thursday is possibly going to the worst quarter final line up ever in Citywest.

Double start is an abortion of a tournament.
    Just get rid of it and give us a normal one for the love of God.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

Wednesday, Oct. 7 Justin Pipe vs. Robert Thornton
    Wednesday, Oct. 7 Mensur Suljovic vs. Simon Whitlock
    Wednesday, Oct. 7 Vincent van der Voort vs. Terry Jenkins
    Wednesday, Oct. 7 Gary Anderson vs. Ian White

mdwexford wrote: »

Agree 100%
    Let's hope Anderson, Thornton, Whitlock and Van Der Voort come through tonight.

Very dissapointed to see Webster and Klassen beating Lewis and Chizzy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

mdwexford wrote:

mdwexford wrote:
    Double start is an abortion of a tournament. Just get rid of it and give us a normal one for the love of God.

Better than watching the same 8 players constantly in quarters. Someone like Ian White or Jenkins winning this would be great.

I enjoy the double start, it's a change and obviously makes it much more difficult, last leg deciders get very interesting.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Better than watching the same 8 players constantly in quarters. Someone like Ian White or Jenkins winning this would be great.

I enjoy the double start, it's a change and obviously makes it much more difficult, last leg deciders get very interesting.

When I only go the the darts live one a year I want to see the big guns.
    If it was the UK open or something I'd agree with you.

I just think it's not what darts is. So hard to get a rhythm going and to consistently hit high scores.

Again though if it was for a change in England I wouldn't mind as much.
    When I'm going to the tournament I'd rather see a standard format.

A friend is after giving me 4 tckets to bring with me to try and sell as he can't go himself.
    They are very good tickets in ROW J, TABLE 4 if anyone hears of anyone looking for tickets.

Will sell for less than face value..........!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Could not disagree more. I love this tournament and I love to see the big guns losing. There is zero entertainment in seeing the same people winning all the time, you need shocks and surprises to make it interesting.

I also love the double start, it's a leveller and puts players under pressure right from the start. And this is coming from someone who goes to the Citywest every year.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Could not disagree more. I love this tournament and I love to see the big guns losing. There is zero entertainment in seeing the same people winning all the time, you need shocks and surprises to make it interesting.

I also love the double start, it's a leveller and puts players under pressure right from the start. And this is coming from someone who goes to the Citywest every year.

Like was said b4 I only go to darts once a year n when I go I'd rather see the big names too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sami23 wrote: »
    Like was said b4 I only go to darts once a year n when I go I'd rather see the big names too

If you want to see the big names go to the Sunday and Monday nights, the round 1 games. You get great value for money as there's 8 matches each night.

I agree with the bolded part on the whole.

As a spectacle in the darts calender it's not a bad tournament to have.

But as a once a year live tournament goer I want to see the big guns and I'd rather see proper darts.
    I simply don't believe anyone who says they wouldn't rather see Taylor tomorrow night than Jamie Lewis.

It's like getting champions league final tickets but hoping for Porto vs Roma instead of Barca vs Bayern.

Loughc wrote: »
    If you want to see the big names go to the Sunday and Monday nights, the round 1 games. You get great value for money as there's 8 matches each night.

You don't even get proper walk on's though which is embarrassing.
    No other tournament do players walk to the board together to some irish jig music.

The planning for this tournament is shocking. Constantly changing the length of matches and now switching days etc

Totally disagree, you might see 8 games on those nights but no atmosphere, small crowd, a joke of walk on's so no thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you only go once a year maybe the premier league darts in the 3 arena in Feb would suit you better, guaranteed to have big names there.

If you only go once a year maybe the premier league darts in the 3 arena in Feb would suit you better, guaranteed to have big names there.

I think that's a glorified exhibition though.

I'm hard to please ;)

Your probably right, only thing is Citywest is very handy for accommodation but think I will give it a miss next year and go to premier league instead.

If the crowds continue like they are all week Ireland will do well to hold on to the Grand Prix going forward anyway. They seem very small on TV and poor atmosphere overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dying a death and going to have a sober night at round 2. On paper tonight doesn't look so good with the absence of Taylor and wade.

Mvg vs Anderson final

• Advertisement

Your probably right, only thing is Citywest is very handy for accommodation but think I will give it a miss next year and go to premier league instead.

If the crowds continue like they are all week Ireland will do well to hold on to the Grand Prix going forward anyway. They seem very small on TV and poor atmosphere overall.

The crowd last night was very poor, Sunday's wasn't too bad I thought the atmosphere Sunday and Monday wasn't too bad and even the commentators mentioned it a few times the crowd were in good spirits even by the last match.

Last nights crowd was poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

A friend is after giving me 4 tckets to bring with me to try and sell as he can't go himself.
    They are very good tickets in ROW J, TABLE 4 if anyone hears of anyone looking for tickets.

Will sell for less than face value..........!

I think I'll be able to get rid of 3 of these for you if you still have them?

Great win for Klaasen, I thought he played some great stuff and deserved the win.

Commentators just announced that big Andy Fordham has qualified for the Grand Slam!

Some ridiculously good checking out from JK, I was raging at hom at the time because I'd bet on under 127.5 checkout as a single after forgetting I already had it on an acc :(

I heard them talking about Andy Fordham but mardle was talking tripe as usual and I nearly missed what it was in connection with. 3 games on big stage could be good for him, just hope he doesn't embarrass himself. I can't remember who the other qualifier is offhand but its another ex PDC'er

When I only go the the darts live one a year I want to see the big guns.
    If it was the UK open or something I'd agree with you.

I just think it's not what darts is. So hard to get a rhythm going and to consistently hit high scores.

Again though if it was for a change in England I wouldn't mind as much.
    When I'm going to the tournament I'd rather see a standard format.

haha I was going to say its only a nightmare if you're a casual fan or only go once a year but stop yer moaning :DAt least you's have a big tournament AND a premier league night. We gotta make do with a single PL night in Belfast and its often far too expensive to consider travelling down for grand prix(tickets,booze,food,more booze,train,booze,hotel,booze)

I disagree completely though, I love the double in/out format as a 1 off tournament. IMO it doesn't take a great darts thrower to hit big scores but its a different story to hit doubles. Its an added pressure and really sorts out the weak from the strong(minded) in this format.
    The crowd last night was very poor, Sunday's wasn't too bad I thought the atmosphere Sunday and Monday wasn't too bad and even the commentators mentioned it a few times the crowd were in good spirits even by the last match.

Last nights crowd was poor though.

All thats needed is someone starting "Ole,Ole ole" to get the crowd singing. Usually in this thread over the last lot of years the crowd at grand prix gets a lot of abuse, accusations of fights, pissing everywhere, just general drunken boyish behavior....but this year accused of lacking atmosphere?

Maybe the PDC/organisers have been listening to fans over the last few years and tried to make it a more professional tournament. Maybe that the thinking behind change of nights, maybe smaller crowd in or stopping people drinking so much.

Just as a side note, I would like to see more different types of formats being played in the darts, not necessarily changing tournaments but something a bit different on tv/on the night. Or if they add a new tournament maybe throw in something to make it stand out a little bit more.

At present there are only 3 tournaments which have a little twist on the norm, Grand prix we obviously(if you dont get out of the thread now!!) is double in/out. Grand slam is pdc/bdo & UK Open is the open draw. The last 2 scrap the barrel in terms of a twist but I think it highlights the lack of anything different

Like the PL nights, maybe for fans in early get a couple of other pro's(not in PL,but maybe there as practice partners)on stage playing cricket. Or the likes of finals night, when there is usually only 1 game having a few other pro's on stage doing like a wee mini exhibition or a different type of game, maybe even nick 1 from that new sky 1 show or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

heading up for sat night,rang citywest to confirm tickets on the door no problem,hope mvg or anderson at least in final, jk looks on fire the last few months aswell ..please not pipe

heading up for sat night,rang citywest to confirm tickets on the door no problem,hope mvg or anderson at least in final, jk looks on fire the last few months aswell ..please not pipe

In both his matches so far, once he hit form and looked focused, MVG looks pretty close to unbeatable. He's a good shout for final and probably to retain the title. Anderson, I'm not so sure on. I said about week ago his form had been crap, so added in with his known double trouble I don't think this is his tournament......added I've Ian White to win the tournament(each way) so I'm hoping Ando goes home tonight :D

I don't think you are in any trouble of see Pipe on finals night unless he's handing out fliers or something :D Thornton 2-0 up.

I hate when John Part's doing commentary on a match I have little interest in. Well its difficult to get into watching a pipe game so I generally loose interest quickly and end up writing some balls on here :eek:

aarondoc wrote: »
    I think I'll be able to get rid of 3 of these for you if you still have them?

Yea stil have them and will bring them with me 2moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

in a strange way i like suljovic,he plays to his strengths and does not give a fcuk if it upsets people,he's quite good too

in a strange way i like suljovic,he plays to his strengths and does not give a fcuk if it upsets people,he's quite good too

Yeah I like him too, he just seems like a header lol If he had have played steel tip his whole life he would be a really good player, probably winning tournaments but think he's only taken it on bit more seriously last 5/10 years. I wouldn't think soft tip was all that popular in Austria :confused:

He's a tough watch when he's playing poorly though.

Come on The Bull next match, I think we'd all love aul Terry to win a major. So many times a beaten finalist, seems strange he just hasn't yet done it in a final, mostly thanks to Taylor

• Advertisement

C'mon Vincent !

Advertisement