Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Third 3-0 f me please let this match be competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

seanhynes wrote: »

yeah...very early night so far. Jenkins was awful there, thought he was going to take it into another set after VDV missed d6. VDV played very well though, wasn't often he didn't get off in 1st 3.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah here Anderson is looking shakey too. Another bad nights for the favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

seanhynes wrote: »

Don't care once Gary wins it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

This is a ridiculous standard of scoring great stuff 15 180s this early mental

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

What a game that was!

Delighted for White.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What a match. Neither man deserved to lose that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

'Sake Gary! Ruined my accumulator

Fantastic game!

If anyone was unsure of White's ability before tonight I'm sure thats changed! On form he can challenge anyone because Ando played well there but White had him under pressure every leg.

Does anyone know if any other player has started every leg in their 1st 3 darts? Also how many times did Ando hit 180 & White followed? 4/5 at least?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

Lads

What time will the final start at?

Going with my girlfriend but she's in work in Stillorgan til 6.15 so we'll have to get the bus into the city centre then the Luas out to city west

Cheers

• Advertisement

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Lads

What time will the final start at?

Going with my girlfriend but she's in work in Stillorgan til 6.15 so we'll have to get the bus into the city centre then the Luas out to city west

Cheers

Final set to start at 8.30, there's an Irish Matchplay Final on before at 7.40 but the main final is 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

glad i dont have 1/4 tickets
    not a great line up
    i know a change is nice but....

unlucky ando, if he played anybody else he was through
    standard was dire last night

Loughc wrote: »
    Final set to start at 8.30, there's an Irish Matchplay Final on before at 7.40 but the main final is 8.30.

Phew! The tickets said show starts at 7 and were not likely to be there til 8.15pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Finally, I don't look like an idiot for backing the diamond. Had him each way in last few tournaments. Definitely the most impressive player this year. Not a hope of a PL spot for him though as he isn't a money spinner. Hope he can reach top 4 by Christmas.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Finally, I don't look like an idiot for backing the diamond. Had him each way in last few tournaments. Definitely the most impressive player this year. Not a hope of a PL spot for him though as he isn't a money spinner. Hope he can reach top 4 by Christmas.

I think anyone dismissing him look more of the idiots. What kind of prices have you been getting on him? I got 50/1 on PP eachway for the grand prix. I was thinking during last nights game, thats the last time we'll ever see him at 50s lol

He's probably been 1 of the best players last 2 years and arguably deserves a PL place more than others who have got it in the past. If he makes a final(or semi in worlds) by end of the year I'd say that should be his place secured.

Sami23 wrote: »
    A friend is after giving me 4 tckets to bring with me to try and sell as he can't go himself.
    They are very good tickets in ROW J, TABLE 4 if anyone hears of anyone looking for tickets.

Will sell for less than face value..........!

4 Tickets still available for tonight, friend after txting me to let them go at HALF PRICE so he gets something back.
    Anyone that knows Citywest knows they are very good tickets near the stage.

Is the final a sellout?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads just a comment on the size of the crowds. Citywest is a huge venue, it holds ~4000 people which is a lot when compared to Ally Pally which holds 2800 and Winter Gardens Blackpool which only holds ~3000 so it is the biggest venue out of all three. Even if it looks reasonably empty there could still easily be 1500-2000 people there. I agree that it looks pretty poor on TV though.

Devastator wrote:
    I think anyone dismissing him look more of the idiots. What kind of prices have you been getting on him? I got 50/1 on PP eachway for the grand prix. I was thinking during last nights game, thats the last time we'll ever see him at 50s lol

50/1 for this. 80/1 for the matchplay and 100/1 for the masters I think it was. Definitely not going to get these prices anymore. I'll have to lump on more than 2euro for the next one :-(

Yeah he definitely deserves a place in PL more than say Bunting,Hybrechts or Barney. Lets hope he can qualify automatically because Lewis, Taylor,Wright and Chizzy are dropping down the OOM.

Missing all of this tournament due to work, disgusted.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Lads just a comment on the size of the crowds. Citywest is a huge venue, it holds ~4000 people which is a lot when compared to Ally Pally which holds 2800 and Winter Gardens Blackpool which only holds ~3000 so it is the biggest venue out of all three. Even if it looks reasonably empty there could still easily be 1500-2000 people there. I agree that it looks pretty poor on TV though.

I agree to a point as in if you include the balcony Citywest is huge but the tables would only be about 2000 at the most and it's a struggle to even fill them. Can't see anyone being on the balcony tonight but hope I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Sami23 wrote: »
    4 Tickets still available for tonight, friend after txting me to let them go at HALF PRICE so he gets something back.
    Anyone that knows Citywest knows they are very good tickets near the stage.

Sent you a PM.

Sent you a PM.

Got it, yes 80 euro for the 4 tickets. Row J, Table 4

ComfortKid wrote: »
    50/1 for this. 80/1 for the matchplay and 100/1 for the masters I think it was. Definitely not going to get these prices anymore. I'll have to lump on more than 2euro for the next one :-(

Yeah he definitely deserves a place in PL more than say Bunting,Hybrechts or Barney. Lets hope he can qualify automatically because Lewis, Taylor,Wright and Chizzy are dropping down the OOM.

Missing all of this tournament due to work, disgusted.

I'm happy to stick to small stakes :) I must have backed Wez Newton in about 20 tournaments each way before he got to UK open final couple of years back, might have gotten back the amount I lost backing him though lol I've not done each way tournament bets for a while now because some tournaments seemed so predictable.

Well the likes of Hamilton,Painter,Baxter,Thornton have all got into the PL in he past after having a consistent run of form with a final appearance or win to get a PL invite. White's probably had a better 2 years than most of them so far. Bunting got in last season based on his form since he switched but White's been a lot better than him IMO and the OOM backs up his arguement to get in.

If the tournament had been next week I'd probably have missed most, if not, all of it :(

I've a spare for the final Saturday, unreserved balcony seat if anyone's looking to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed the Tuesday and Wednesday nights some shocks and a lot of bets runied

Had a few drinks the Tuesday , none last night. Sat at table e last night as my head was too sore to sit in the middle of a table lol and laughed to myself the amount of times most people went in and out and people who showed very little interest in the matches just to be there drinking type . A lot German people there last night presuming there over for the soccer

Going to the pl in Feb not sure will I bother going back to the grand prix next year. It's all nice staying in the hotel but it's gets a bit messy in the bar after the darts but in fairness it's not an opera I'm at lol

How much are the drinks there this year? Is it stilll €15 a jug? I'm heading to the Final Saturday. What variety of drinks do they have as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

would love white to take barneys place in pl,bunting wont be in next year with any luck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the Tuesday and Wednesday nights some shocks and a lot of bets runied

Had a few drinks the Tuesday , none last night. Sat at table e last night as my head was too sore to sit in the middle of a table lol and laughed to myself the amount of times most people went in and out and people who showed very little interest in the matches just to be there drinking type . A lot German people there last night presuming there over for the soccer

Going to the pl in Feb not sure will I bother going back to the grand prix next year. It's all nice staying in the hotel but it's gets a bit messy in the bar after the darts but in fairness it's not an opera I'm at lol

You missed the important bit, at least they got to update their facebook status! That means in their head their life isn't completely dull and there pretend friends might be a little bit jealous of them! :D

I can only laugh at how pathetic some people are that the most important thing to them is trying to 1 up themselves over someone they don't really know/like(generally)

Has anyone got a good streaming site? vipbox & cricfree are terrible, barely got to see start of White Thornton game

• Advertisement

Sent you a PM Dev.

Advertisement