Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Great value in backing either Thornton or Suljovic each way. One of the has to get to the final. I'd love Mensor to do it, but my moneys on the thorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Great value in backing either Thornton or Suljovic each way. One of the has to get to the final. I'd love Mensor to do it, but my moneys on the thorn

Don't think anyone is offering e/w at this stage? My money would be on Thornton to get past Suljovic aswell but Suljovic looked absolutely dead and buried twice this week and he's still throwing(1st against Wade & then VDV)
    Sent you a PM Dev.

Cheers!

Devastator wrote:
    Don't think anyone is offering e/w at this stage? My money would be on Thornton to get past Suljovic aswell but Suljovic looked absolutely dead and buried twice this week and he's still throwing(1st against Wade & then VDV)

Ahh! I knew it looked to good to be true. Didn't realise they stopped ew betting. I haven't seen any of it yet but Mensor was the same at matchplay, looked beat in every game. He is solid out though, lots of tons and he does not miss D14. Be great if he could get o a final, I think he's only playing full time since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG to win the final i think.

was there any reaction to the soccer victory at the darts thursday night ???

Ahh! I knew it looked to good to be true. Didn't realise they stopped ew betting. I haven't seen any of it yet but Mensor was the same at matchplay, looked beat in every game. He is solid out though, lots of tons and he does not miss D14. Be great if he could get o a final, I think he's only playing full time since last year.

lol its amazing, you've not watched it this week yet know about Suljovic & D14 yet in his first 2/3 games mardle was making a tit of himself, or commentating as some people may loosely call it and he never shut up the whole game about how surprized he was at Suljovic & D14! "Hes mad, hes crazy, hes mental, hes on 48 BUT WHATS HE GOING TO DO? WHO KNOWS? WHAT DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMA Oh he's went 20 WHATS HES DOING? Double 14...I don't believe whats going on!!!!!"

yes wayne, its his f**king starting double so its actually NO surprize whatsoever!
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    MVG to win the final i think.

was there any reaction to the soccer victory at the darts thursday night ???

yeah MVG will win it comfortably enough I think. Thornton will do well to get to 3 sets.

I think it was between matches, the crowd were singing Ole and Dave Clark gave out that Ireland had just went 1 up. I hadn't noticed the crowd get particularly louder but because it was between games I wasn't paying much attention.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

What time will it be over at tonight?

Free ticket for tongiht if anyone wants it, PM me

I'll be at CityWest about 8.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thornton wins! Thornton wins! Thornton wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

What a match. Well done to both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great final, delighted for Thornton!

• Advertisement

Brilliant final, some great play by both players. Well done Thornton but I'm sure MVG is hating set play tonight. Anyone know legs scored?

EDIT - MVG 19/16 I think lol If thats right then Thornton only won 1 leg in a set he didn't win?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Epic viewing in the final.

Thornton certainly is a dogged competitor.

Crowd shat on MVG

Wasn't cool

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Crowd shat on MVG

Wasn't cool

Yeah very disrespectful . I'd love to see some of them drunken idiots up there on the oche trying to do what he does

Congrats Robert Thornton would not say many had him backed at the start of the tournament

Looks like the competition will be staying in Dublin for the forcible future as the crowds were very good this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Crowd shat on MVG

Wasn't cool

I thought it was pretty tame compared to what Taylor, Anderson, Lewis etc have gotten in other tournaments in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

was up in citywest , a lot of scottish young lads,on tour or whatever,pissed as farts.. mvg got abuse,the whole kolo toure thing is beyond a joke ..nothing to do with darts.. most of the fans were brill,costumes were brill,singing was amazing at times.. but at times you knew they were not even watching the game,at crucial points,was annoying at times..

im a big mvg fan but still delighted for robert,he played great and the crowd responded to him,a night he will never forget id say.

major gripe is the city west itself, had rang to enquire about box office opening times,was told 5pm,drove from galway to be there for 4.45.. rang again,yes 5pm we were told, obviously not the only ones as a few had arrived to que..5.15 and not open,getting cold outside..5.30 i ring from outside to complain..puts me on hold for 5 mins and hangs up..6.15 the door opens,pain in my neck from standing in the cold. be making a complaint for sure. if its 6pm say 6pm..not 5pm..ruined my buzz.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was at the final last night. The atmosphere was incredible unbelievable party atmosphere. Everyone was in good spirits. No agrro at all. The boos were harsh but delighted for Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lads who won the Winmau World Masters after? I can't get it up online at all. I was watching a few of the games on a web stream yesterday

Lads who won the Winmau World Masters after? I can't get it up online at all. I was watching a few of the games on a web stream yesterday

Glen Durrant won the Winmau World Masters last night. It was on Eurosport all weekend.

Advertisement