Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,151 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sorry if this was siad by anyone else but they should play the Semi finals and Final the same night because its far too expensive for a final ticket considering your only getting 1 grand prix match and an irish matchplay match. If they do have the semis and final the same night with the Irish Matchplay final preceeding them than it would be the worth the money. Its a shame the quarters are on the same time as the Republic of Ireland vs Germany match thursday night not that anyone at the darts will care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Bards

Anyone else not receive tickets from city west? Booked a group and they say they sent them but never received them and now they have to do a reprint for me to pick up at the box office on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

PTH2009 wrote: »
    sorry if this was siad by anyone else but they should play the Semi finals and Final the same night because its far too expensive for a final ticket considering your only getting 1 grand prix match and an irish matchplay match. If they do have the semis and final the same night with the Irish Matchplay final preceeding them than it would be the worth the money. Its a shame the quarters are on the same time as the Republic of Ireland vs Germany match thursday night not that anyone at the darts will care.

Couldn't agree more with you on the semi's and final being played on the same night (Saturday) and leave the quarters on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Don't like the idea of having them the same night.

One match a day in a major tournament is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Can anyone tell me if you can pick tickets up on the day? Was thinking about booking tickets last minute for Thursday and with the postal strikes now I presume they definitely wouldn't make it in time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Couple of decent outside bets I've done each way
    Terry Jenkins 100/1, Ian White 50/1, Kim Huybrects 66/1.

All 3 have been playing well or won events recently so if this tournament throws up an unlikely 1 it could be 1 of these and for the odds why not. Kim's obviously on course to play MVG in rd 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

O Connor should have won that first game really

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wtf is Bristow mumbling on about

Smith looks on his way home here.

Really don't like his attitude when the darts aren't going exactly where he wants them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Price will be kicking himself after losing that.

Smith can count himself very lucky.

• Advertisement

Yeah Price missed his chance there for sure.

Smith still very hit and miss, when he hits a purple patch he's unplayable but can go missing for a set far too regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

great line up for 1st night

Did mvg lose weight ??. He looks like he did

Rvb terrible tonight but will still get a wildcard for the 2016 premier league

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wtf is Bristow mumbling on about

No idea but at least(well for me) he doesn't ruin the game unlike that other high pitched shrieking dramaclown
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Smith looks on his way home here.

Really don't like his attitude when the darts aren't going exactly where he wants them.

I agree, he does my head in watching him. No8 in the world? confused.png I've not seen evidence of it. He must be superb in the floor tournaments because apart from the odd game, I've not seen him do anything on big stage to warrant no.8.
    Rvb terrible tonight but will still get a wildcard for the 2016 premier league

Surely Hearn & the PDC cannot play that jokercard(I'm renaming it if Barney gets in!) again. He just scrapped into the grand prix, put out 1st round with only winning a single leg.

He was awful in 2015 PL, I think he only won 2/3 games before the 1st relegation which is somehow survived and only when he was left rock bottom he started playing and winning. He dropped to 18th in order of merit before the GP and will continue to drop with his performances

When was the last time you actually thought Barney could win a tournament(pre tournament)? It must be over 5 years since I thought of him as a threat in big tournaments. 1 thing for certain is he is nowhere near close to being considered a top player at present, unless you're a "barney army" piss ant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

I've never been before but my dad got me and my girlfriend a couple of complimentary tickets for the final

What is it like?

Will we be able to get the last Luas into the city centre?

Mr Robot wrote: »
    I've never been before but my dad got me and my girlfriend a couple of complimentary tickets for the final

What is it like?

Will we be able to get the last Luas into the city centre?

It will be great, sit and watch some games this week to get into the atmosphere.

No idea but there is only 1 other short game on with the final, so all should be over by 10pm. Make sure you find out last times but remember there could be few thousand people streaming out with same idea. Maybe sharing taxi into centre with other punters could be easiest idea.

I hate watching Gilding, he turns me, decent player but always think he looks like he could do with a warm bath and a good scrub of his teeth(Im aware no amount of scrubbing could discolour that yellow)

Whitlock 2-0 Gilding

I think someone gave out free prozac to the crowd during the break......oh no wait, Pipe vs Beaton has started

Big shock with Wade out. Was one of the players I was looking forward to seeing but won't now.

Wright, rvb, wade and Taylor gone already.

• Advertisement

Wright, rvb, wade and Taylor gone already.

Wade was playing great until mid 2nd set. He threw 2 180s in 1 leg but Sulojvic threw 177 & got d8 and he came right back into it. Great game.

Great from VDV, love seeing Taylor go out because he's won enough :D plus Terry Jenkins is in that 1/4 so his 100/1 odds went way down with Taylor out

Devastator wrote: »
    Wade was playing great until mid 2nd set. He threw 2 180s in 1 leg but Sulojvic threw 177 & got d8 and he came right back into it. Great game.

Great from VDV, love seeing Taylor go out because he's won enough :D plus Terry Jenkins is in that 1/4 so his 100/1 odds went way down with Taylor out

Mite get rid of my tickets for the Wednesday now.

Mite get rid of my tickets for the Wednesday now.

seriously? :eek: I wouldn't. VDV Jenkins could be a great game. If both start firing in big scores, they're both quick and could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

That bleeding Toure song is so 2013,stop it now

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Hi lads. Should I be ok getting tickets at the door tomorrow night? Cheers

Devastator wrote: »
    It will be great, sit and watch some games this week to get into the atmosphere.

No idea but there is only 1 other short game on with the final, so all should be over by 10pm. Make sure you find out last times but remember there could be few thousand people streaming out with same idea. Maybe sharing taxi into centre with other punters could be easiest idea.

I hate watching Gilding, he turns me, decent player but always think he looks like he could do with a warm bath and a good scrub of his teeth(Im aware no amount of scrubbing could discolour that yellow)

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

Sami23 wrote: »
    Well I included VDV for the entertainment value. I know he's not one of the top players

Looks like I could be seeing Van Der Voort on Thursday night after all :D Its probably no harm Taylor is gone as the Dublin crowd show him no respect whatsoever for what he has achieved in the game. The booing of him the last 2 years was a disgrace in my view.

My Q-Final Predictions are:

Van Gerwen v Smith
    Lewis v Chizzy
    Anderson v Thornton
    Whitlock v Van Der Voort

Wouldn't b a bad line up in fairness. Only one that would have added to the occasion would have been Peter Wright instead of Chizzy.
    Bully Bully might take VDV yet though.

Anyone else agree with these predictions ?????

Really really hope White or Pipe don't get through

What are the beer selections and prices like?

Also is there food?

Mr Robot wrote: »
    What are the beer selections and prices like?
    Also is there food?

Fosters, cider (forget which brand) and murphys. Blue wkd and Smirnoff ice too

6 or 7 for a pint and 20 for a jug

Think there's chips and that inside

This is going from last year so could be different this year

C ya all in citywest later

• Advertisement

Fosters, cider (forget which brand) and murphys. Blue wkd and Smirnoff ice too

6 or 7 for a pint and 20 for a jug

Think there's chips and that inside

This is going from last year so could be different this year

C ya all in citywest later

Wish the Irish venues would kop on to what the oher venues everywhere have been doing and getting lads to walk around with a bucket(Ghostbusters proton pack :D) of beer on their back filling up pints. The Qs are usually ridiculous, especially if you're missing a good game

Advertisement