Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I would imagine any good seat(table,near front) will be snapped up extremely quickly.
    This is the only major held on the whole island so comparing it to world champs for tickets isn't wise as its not held here!

My advice - if your going get yourself sorted to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, if there is a pre sale then even better. No point complaining after

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Would the tickets sell quickly for this does anyone know? Like would the Grand Prix be one of the more prestigious after the world champs and so be in high demand?

Generally the only night that sells out is the Friday night, there has always been tickets available on the day for the other nights. The schedule has been changed this year though so that might effect ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Generally the only night that sells out is the Friday night, there has always been tickets available on the day for the other nights. The schedule has been changed this year though so that might effect ticket sales.

Your correct and it looks like Thursday will b the new Friday crowd wise

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone have presale access that would be willing to allow me get 2-3 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

KevIRL wrote: »

It doesn't say how many you're allowed to get in the presale.

It was 8 last year and I've to get 8 again.
    If I can get more than that I'll give you a shout.

What day you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

KevIRL wrote: »

PM Sent

mdwexford wrote: »
    It doesn't say how many you're allowed to get in the presale.

It was 8 last year and I've to get 8 again.
    If I can get more than that I'll give you a shout.

What day you looking for?

Just wondering how much is the annual subscription that allows you to get the priority access to tickets 2day ?

Thanks but it's too late for this year anyway. Do you think it's worth it ?
    Good luck with the tickets 2day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sami23 wrote: »
    Just wondering how much is the annual subscription that allows you to get the priority access to tickets 2day ?
    Thanks but it's too late for this year anyway. Do you think it's worth it ?
    Good luck with the tickets 2day

Yeah the link above is it, £24.99.

I think its worth it, I spread the cost over the 8 of us that get tickets every year so its not too bad. Just add on an extra few quid per ticket.

Got row G, Table 5 again anyway exact same seats last 3 years now.

Going Thursday, 4 games is worth the hassle of an extra day off work.

• Advertisement

Ta lads. Tickets sorted for Thursday night. Got a decent deal on the hotel the other day too

Used to be £25 for the year. Worth it IMO even though it was only ever really used for PL tickets for Belfast. It did come in handy a few times when tv wasn't working and I was able to get live streaming(excellent quality) of the darts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Went the Thursday last year but it looks as if I'll be changing to Wednesday this year, the change really doesn't suit because we're all college students from home who meet up for it so people are going to miss two days instead of just the Friday probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Has anyone a priority code I could use? Also , can the priority people tell me are there table seats still available for the Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

PM Sent

Can i get in on that pm action?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Any code lads before 10am sale tomorrow. Go every year and just want to try and get best table possible

Well Lads, did ye all get sorted this morning, got table N6 myself so not too bad I suppose. Would have preferred something in rows G to L but they didn't come up so must have sold out in priority sale last week.

Does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale for this years event or where can I find out ?
    Devastator wrote: »
    I would imagine any good seat(table,near front) will be snapped up extremely quickly.
    This is the only major held on the whole island so comparing it to world champs for tickets isn't wise as its not held here!

My advice - if your going get yourself sorted to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, if there is a pre sale then even better. No point complaining after
    Well Lads, did ye all get sorted this morning, got table N6 myself so not too bad I suppose. Would have preferred something in rows G to L but they didn't come up so must have sold out in priority sale last week.

Should have taken the advice last week

Got J and M Row 6 or 7 for Thursday so not too bad for ordering yesterday. Must get the costume sorted next :)

Jarjohn wrote: »
    Got J and M Row 6 or 7 for Thursday so not too bad for ordering yesterday. Must get the costume sorted next :)

J 6 is a very good table. Did you get the 6 seats at that table yesterday at 10 am ?
    I couldn't get any low number tables in rows G to L

• Advertisement

Yeah got them at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Attendance for this years event may be low due to a number of factors

The change of days. Sun to sat
    Rugby World Cup is on the same time although no matches will conflict with the darts but many people will be over at that
    One of the bigger nights of the tournament(quarter finals) is on Thursday 8th October the same night as ireland vs Germany in the soccer

Going to the 2x second round nights looking forward to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Going up to it this year for the first time, staying in the city west.

few questions for people who have been before.

How much is a pint at the darts?

Will I look like a tit if I dont dress up?

Will I be able to meet any players for a picture?

ComfortKid wrote: »

You'll be getting jugs of beer not pints. 15 quid a jug if memory serves.
    You'll more than likely look like a tit if you DO dress up.
    Players always floating around up there, very likely you'll bump into one or 2 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barcla

Hi got my tickets it says seat L Row 2, trying to figure out seating as googled seating plan but not sure if they are good or not. Thanks

ComfortKid wrote: »

I've not been to city west but been to PL in Belfast plenty.....now in terms of dressing up, do YOU think you'll look like a tit? Because thats all that really matters. My advice would be to dress up if your at a table, probably not if your up in stands(does city west have tiers??)

If your at a table with everyone else in fancy dress, you will feel & look like a tit without fancy dress and everyone(not just your table)will give you plenty of abuse....I know this from someone at my table not being in fancy dress 1 year, he didn't go back again :D

THATS BELFAST!!! Ppl here ****ing hate eachother when we look the exact same so imagine my surprise when you see super mario & Sonic holding eachother up waiting in line at the bar.....fancy dress in Belfast could end sectarianism :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Devastator wrote: »
    I've not been to city west but been to PL in Belfast plenty.....now in terms of dressing up, do YOU think you'll look like a tit? Because thats all that really matters. My advice would be to dress up if your at a table, probably not if your up in stands(does city west have tiers??)

If your at a table with everyone else in fancy dress, you will feel & look like a tit without fancy dress and everyone(not just your table)will give you plenty of abuse....I know this from someone at my table not being in fancy dress 1 year, he didn't go back again :D

@comfortkid Please ignore this advice you shouldnt feel uncomfortable either way its your call.

Your delighted that your table bullied a lad into not wanting to come back to the darts? thats pretty sad in fairness.

I've been to countless darts events including the Grand Prix and World Championships and never once dressed up. I go to watch the darts, not to get on TV.

Your delighted that your table bullied a lad into not wanting to come back to the darts? thats pretty sad in fairness.

in fairness, he was told(like the rest of the table for about 5 months since tickets were bought) that he wouldn't get his ticket if he wasn't in fancy dress, so he's lucky to have got in at all. I'm not entirely sure if he didn't want to go back as much as he wasn't invited back :D ......as the person who paid for pdv subscription for priority tickets, who bought the tickets and had to wait for payment until people could be bothered I feel I have the right to make that decision also :)

Maybe for some people, but for a lot of others, fancy dress has nothing to do with getting on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Cheers lads. I don't want to dress up, I'm going to watch the darts and take in the atmosphere (dry arse I know)

I'm going with a few other lads and I don't think they want to dress up either, wouldn't fancy us getting slagged all night over it though.

How many pints or litres of beer are in these 15euro jugs?

Advertisement