Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

still waiting for my unlock code from that ebay site, i bought it at 8pm and its now 11pm and still no code come though - they most probably gone home, although the website says they are there till 11pm.

so anyway, sat here looking at my phone with the meteor sim in it and a scrolling wording on the notification bar " SIM/RUIM is Perso locked - no service" then when i unlock lockscreen i get the screen to enter my "sim network unlock code/ pin (10 attempts)" - so really all i should have to do when the code comes through from ebay is just punch in the number and hit the tick bottom right shouldnt i ? - and then what? choose operater in settings is it or "automatically register on network"? and then do i have to restart phone and then ready to go?

You'll probably get a text at 1am.

I did and so did a few others....

Instructions will be in your ebay messages/email when you get the code. Simple and straightforward instructions, you probably don't even need them, just follow whats on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

this unlocking for £3.25 is fantastic value for money is it not? - I mean if i wanted to get the ultra 6 unlocked in Sligo town or Dublin I would be looking at 20 or 30euro wouldnt I ? and then god knows how much if you wanted to get an unlock code from Vodafone themselves.

So the unlock codes these places give is it a full unlock then so you can put any network sim into the phone? what I mean by that is that I am presuming you have to install the SIM of the network you want to use (as in my case meteor) and then is that it then the phone unlocked to all sim's then or just meteor? (or card you have in at the time of unlocking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Did anyone on Tesco Mobile or 48 come up with a way of making the "Data Roaming Enabled" notification disappear?

In a week or two rumour has it that it'll be upgraded to 5.1.
    Perhaps that'll bring the option to remove it?

great - my unlock code came from that website at 12.35am and I have put it in and it unlocked flawlessly brill! - even went to APN because I thought I would have to manually remove vodafone apn's and manually input meteor APN settings but no, the meteor APN settings were there and correct! - so different from the old days where you unlocked a phone from another provider and have to put in all the APN details manually!

Now only thing I have to get used to (coming from an ageing Samsung Galaxy Note 1 circa 2011) is that the back and recent buttons are back to front compared to galaxy and I keep selecting the volume switch thinking its the power button - this no doubt I will all get used to soon, plus my galaxy note was jellybean and this is lollipop so theres a learning curve to get to - ive already got developer mode on this Ultra 6 by pressing the build button and have disabled all the animations, i dont need that, rather have a fast phone without transitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just picked up this phone this morning very impressed so far.

screen is great, very responsive, feels light in the hand for the size of it

@ €170 with no contract its a really great deal.

Can someone link me to the best option for a cover and screen protector?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just picked up this phone this morning very impressed so far (moving from a HTC One M7)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

After network unlocking. Does this phone still get android / vodafone security updates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

deckie27 wrote: »
    After network unlocking. Does this phone still get android / vodafone security updates

Yes

neacy69 wrote: »
    ... Can someone link me to the best option for a cover and screen protector?

I saw a nice official one for it for 20euro from the vodafone shop itself - was tempted to get it there and then but seeing as I just spent 170 quid I though i better not and wait till i replenish my finances lol - I was thinking of buying case off ebay but I have got some dodgy unofficial cheap ones before where clasps have not shut proper or poorly made and cutouts hindering camera or volume switches so I might just get the 20euro one out of vodafone shop when finances are replenished

bought my phone yesterday - unlocked it last night to all networks , and it tells me new version update available package size 45.97mb - doesnt say what version or give any details of fixes or enhancements. i shall download it later on today

• Advertisement

Just picked up this phone this morning very impressed so far (moving from a HTC One M7)

Can't comment on good screen protectors but cotechs gel cases are a great fit and the smoke black looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I can recommend this one (pack of 3 in fact! )

Surprisingly the blue one looks very good as it matches with the blue notification / menu lights.

Cheap for 3 covers and fit like a glove. Thin so doesn't add unnecessary bulk, yet adds a good level of grip.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B012B2GIAA/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?qid=1441378141&sr=8-19&pi=SL140_SX113_CR0,0,113,140&keywords=Vodafone+Smart+Ultra+6+case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Can't comment on good screen protectors but cotechs gel cases are a great fit and the smoke black looks well.

Agree, cotechs case fits snugly and everything is where it should be, camera cut out, buttons etc
    More importantly for me is that it gives some reassuring grip when holding with 1 hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Will those of us not on Vodafone still get the 5.1 update?

jaqian wrote: »
    Will those of us not on Vodafone still get the 5.1 update?

Yes.

I Was out and about in the garden today and took a few random pics with the Ultra 6's camera - I think the quality is excellent to be honest am really impressed, and would even put some more higher priced mobiles to shame I reckon, so sharp and bright takes lovely photos.

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/Andyr_45/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads/Shared%20Mobile%20Phone%20Photos
    DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

rliston wrote: »
    Go into the contact, press the 3 dots in the top right corner and then "share." Bluetooth is 4th or 5th on the list of options

Thanks, that works all right - now I can push contact details to the car radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

So, not strictly relating to bargain alert re this phone, more a question re screen protector I got in Vodafone store today. I forked out €15 to get the Invisible Shield installed on my phone in the shop, thinking that since they have a machine to do it, they would surely do a better job than I have ever managed to do myself on other phones I have owned. The person who put it on, told me not to use the phone for at least half an hour, (not a problem as I can't use my phone at work and this was at lunch time). She also assured me that any bubbles would disappear within 48 hours!!! So, didn't touch the phone until I got home at 7pm, by which time, the screen protector is full of bubbles and increasing in number all the time. :(
    My questions are, is this normal and do I give the voda rep the benefit of the doubt and take her at her word that all will be ok in 48 hours or have I been duped into paying for a crap installation by someone who didn't know how to install the protector properly and do I therefore go back in tomorrow and ask for my money back/new replacement? :confused: Would welcome hearing from anyone who has had this installed and what their experience has been of it. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Got my phone yesterday. Now unlocked and set up with Tesco PAYG. Thanks for the recommendations. Very pleased. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

A little update on my replacement issue. Although the fault was confirmed in Limerick, the Galway store gave it the once over. It had a tiny dent on the top of the casing, hence it could not be replaced due to Vodafone's own policy of the phone needing to be as mew. I was also missing the welcome guide so it must be sent back to repair centre instead of the manufacture. I'm absolutely raging. The store were not one bit sympathetic, more of less conveyed the attitude of this is your only option, take it or leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Probably a silly question, but if I don't ask...

How does this compare with the LG G2. Screen smashed for the second time this morning thanks to my curious 1 year old.

I don't know whether to spunk another €80 on yet another new screen or just opt for this instead. I'm on Voda anyway (work chip in own device).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Got my phone yesterday. Now unlocked and set up with Tesco PAYG. Thanks for the recommendations. Very pleased. :)

I am on the same plan and I am finding no connection most placers I go on internet.
    Just curious. Do I need to enable data roaming?
    Never had to touch anything before on other phones.

vectra wrote: »
    I am on the same plan and I am finding no connection most placers I go on internet.
    Just curious. Do I need to enable data roaming?
    Never had to touch anything before on other phones.

Yeah your phone effectively sees tesco as roaming on 3irl so you will need national data roaming enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I also found the camera quality to be pretty good. :)

20924480738_95f2fcdc9b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Sweet ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Hi folks just bought one have it here in front of me. I'm with 02 bill can anyone recommend a site I can get it unlocked from please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

corwill wrote: »
    Sweet ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Hi folks just bought one have it here in front of me. I'm with 02 bill can anyone recommend a site I can get it unlocked from please

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Trond did u use this before urself. I saw that but I would love to hear from someone who actually has bought from site. Vodafone shop told me if I open the plastic on the box it can't be changed..so just wana be 100% sure ta

• Advertisement

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    Trond did u use this before urself. I saw that but I would love to hear from someone who actually has bought from site. Vodafone shop told me if I open the plastic on the box it can't be changed..so just wana be 100% sure ta

Pretty much everyone here has probably used that link. Its completely legit.

Advertisement