Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

otterj wrote: »
    How do you automatically download apps to the sd card? also how do you sort apps by most used instead of alphabetically?

You can't store apps on a card. You can keep other things on it though. ~8 GB should be plenty for apps.

Drag most used apps on the home screen. Make folders if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

GvidoR wrote: »
    You can't store apps on a card. You can keep other things on it though. ~8 GB should be plenty for apps.

I think you can.. Not every app allows it though.

EDIT: OR at least you could, is that gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Ive every one of my apps accept facebook on my SD Card.

Trond wrote: »
    Ive every one of my apps accept facebook on my SD Card.

Hmm, I was told you can't. Does it affect performance?

Either way, I'd rather keep the apps on the phone. There's plenty of storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Hmm, I was told you can't. Does it affect performance?

Either way, I'd rather keep the apps on the phone. There's plenty of storage space.

Probably not on this phone due to the larger internal storage.

I did on my Motorola though, moving them help improve performance.

The only apps that I couldnt move were facebook and kodi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

unreg999 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please? A while ago I was having a problem with the fone in that if someone rang me when I was already using the fone I would get the drop down notification to say a call was coming in but it wouldn't ring and then I would get an error message saying 'the fone app has stopped working' and I would have to select 'ok' which would end the call...
    I could then ring the person back...
    The problem was that I couldn't answer calls, the fone wouldn't ring so if I didn't see the call coming in then I had no idea someone had rung!

I had to factory wipe the fone & reinstall everything to stop this happening... I thought it was sorted, but now it's happening again!!

Has anyone also cone across this problem or know of any fix please??!

Thanks!

I was getting this but since the new update it no longer happens.

Strange how the battery percentage nicely appears on the top while plugged in but it can't be enabled anywhere in the settings to stay there.

ZX0IMMZl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Funnily enough it first started around a month ago after the very first update but factory reset seemed to fix it.. It was grand after the last update (security) but started happening again yesterday (monday) my partner thinks it's because I moved to a new network on Sunday (emobile)... I'm not convinced...
    I really really don't want to go through all the hassle of backing everything up, wiping the fone & then having to read install EVERYTHING... I only just finished sorting out all my apps etc on the homescreen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Can anyone help me please? A while ago I was having a problem with the fone in that if someone rang me when I was already using the fone I would get the drop down notification to say a call was coming in but it wouldn't ring and then I would get an error message saying 'the fone app has stopped working' and I would have to select 'ok' which would end the call...
    I could then ring the person back...
    The problem was that I couldn't answer calls, the fone wouldn't ring so if I didn't see the call coming in then I had no idea someone had rung!

I had to factory wipe the fone & reinstall everything to stop this happening... I thought it was sorted, but now it's happening again!!

Has anyone also cone across this problem or know of any fix please??!

Thank you!

Unlocked mine just now using a Vodafone NAC code. Gonna get a Three SIM in the next couple of days. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

otterj wrote: »
    How do you automatically download apps to the sd card? also how do you sort apps by most used instead of alphabetically?

to be honest every time I want to install an app i get a 'nag' box of 'where do you want to download this app to' - wish it could be turned off to be honest, never had the question come up on any other phone I have had. -

I cant seem to get the notification to show (round red circle with number in it) on the sms app icon and a couple of times the softkeys at bottom of screen have become unresponsive for me and have had to shut down and restart the phone to get them working

Eponymous wrote: »
    I

I bought the VF branded wallet style cover in the Vodafone shop for €25 and it's just awful. Feels cheap and nasty, doesn't act as a stand or anything. I've had better covers from Amazon for a lot less money.

Sligo store where I bought mine from had the VF cover for it for 19.99 - was tempted to buy it but didnt, thanks for the heads up, wont bother if its rubbish then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Andy, might be worthwhile starting a thread in the Android section, you're owning this one;)

bidiots wrote: »
    Andy, might be worthwhile starting a thread in the Android section, you're owning this one;)

oops sorry! - I will back off and let someone else have a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone thinking of forking out 20+ quid for a Vodafone own brand case needs their head checked. eBay is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

oops sorry! - I will back off and let someone else have a go :)

Not giving out, just think you might get some more answers and interaction

bidiots wrote: »
    Not giving out, just think you might get some more answers and interaction

Its OK I knew you werent giving out and being helpful cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If you're with tesco, you will have to change the access points settings. If they're wrong, no internet on 3g.
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

And you will need the data roaming as well. Hope this helps.

Hi Thanks for the reply
    I THINK I go ti tright but still nothing outside wifi range.

Is this waht I was to input?
    Android Settings
    Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming
    Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks and turn on Packet Data
    Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.
    Create a new Internet APN with settings
    - Name TMI Internet APN
    - APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    - MCC: 272
    - MNC: 11
    - APN Type: default, supl
    Sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so choose Internet or default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Techmaster wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of forking out 20+ quid for a Vodafone own brand case needs their head checked. eBay is your friend.
    I took it with the phone as I wanted something to cover it straight away. Daughter had just obliterated by G2 earlier same day!

Lesson learned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

vectra wrote:
    Hi Thanks for the reply I THINK I go ti tright but still nothing outside wifi range.

I'm on Tesco on my ultra 6, didn't have to manually set it up. When I put in Sim first time Tesco texted me net settings which I clicked on. Data roaming had to be on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Someone asked recently if it supports USB OTG, I didn't know it could but it defo works :)

On a separate note I smashed the screen, the glass is grand but the LCD underneath had cracks. Does anyone know how much to have it repaired and where? Thx

jaqian wrote: »
    Someone asked recently if it supports USB OTG, I didn't treehouse it could but it defo works :)

On a separate note I smashed the screen, the glass is grand but the LCD underneath had cracks. Does anyone know how much to have it repaired and where? Thx

blimey thats one of my worries - I have had samsung galaxy phones before and of course if the screen cracked on that of course there would be no problem getting hold of a screen and fitting it or getting it fitted - but yeah what happens if the screen smashes on this VF SU6!! - especially some people are saying even the screen and dimensions of phone is different to that of the ZTE Blade 6 - sorry I dont have the info you require, good luck with getting it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

My phone will not turn on anymore. I don't know what is going on, it started rebooting and now it's dead.

It hasn't been 7 days since I bought it from Vodafone, I was wondering if it's possible to return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

CyberGhost wrote: »
    My phone will not turn on anymore. I don't know what is going on, it started rebooting and now it's dead.

It hasn't been 7 days since I bought it from Vodafone, I was wondering if it's possible to return it?

If it's with in 14 days they will swap a faulty phone, assuming they have a replacement in stock or so I was told by staff in Blanchardstown SC recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Had the same problem last week with one bought online - to my pleasant surprise it was immediately exchanged for a new one by the helpful staff in Vodafone Stillorgan. The difficulty was to find a branch which had stock - this was my third attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

CyberGhost wrote: »

You have 28 days to get it exchanged OR refunded if none in stock.

Thats Vodafone policy.

oleras wrote: »
    You have 28 days to get it exchanged OR refunded if none in stock.

Thats Vodafone policy.

I hard reset the phone and it seems to be working fine now, it started crashing and getting strange lines with my account, so I am thinking maybe it's one of the apps that I installed? I'll give it 24 hours and see what happens.

Still, I went to vodafone and asked about refund/return and the rep said since the shrink wrap on the packaging is broken, i.e. the phone is opened, there is no refund possibility at all, even if the phone was working fine. (It does say that on the back of the receipt)

And if it's broken, they'll be sending it back for repairs.

How completely absurd! That means that effectively, there is no refund possibility at all. I don't understand how is it legal to have a catch-22 in the return policy.

Hmmm, I went back to Vodafone store with 1 dead pixel on the screen, otherwise working fine. Box was open of course and managed to get a brand new replacement phone on the spot.

(The process took about 30 minutes but anyway...)

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I went back to Vodafone store with 1 dead pixel on the screen, otherwise working fine. Box was open of course and managed to get a brand new replacement phone on the spot.

(The process took about 30 minutes but anyway...)

Maybe I got a bad rep? She did look like and sound like she is a ****!

But more importantly, how did you manage to see a dead pixel on a 1080p screen? :eek:

Advertisement