Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Techmaster wrote: »
    128GB. They never answer the phone. Ever.

In fairness, their signal is probably terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

maudgonner wrote: »
    In fairness, their signal is probably terrible.

I've been stuck on a Vodafone contract for the past 23 months (only one more month to go thankfully) and yes, the signal anywhere outside of a town or city has been terrible. I was using another phone up until now, I had to go outside of the house to talk and even then I had to find the right spot where the call wouldn't be breaking up. On the Smart Ultra however it's not as bad and I can enjoy ~55 mbps 4G speed in towns for the last month of the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm on VF and have excellent 4G coverage all over the place in Dublin, north and south. Not brought it outside Dublin yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

RainyDay wrote: »
    Certainly takes 64 Gb without difficulty
    got 1 of these this evening in Dundrum
    plenty in stock
    Waiting on the unlock code now as im Meteor
    1st thoughts are it's light for the size, weighs same as my iphone4 and also feels much better than i thought it would. Doesnt feel cheap at all.

yep sticker says 128gb SD Card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Any ideas how you can send contact details to another device by Bluetooth? On my old Samsung, there was a 'send' option in the contact manager, but I can't see any option on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

RainyDay wrote: »
    Any ideas how you can send contact details to another device by Bluetooth? On my old Samsung, there was a 'send' option in the contact manager, but I can't see any option on this one.

Go into the contact, press the 3 dots in the top right corner and then "share." Bluetooth is 4th or 5th on the list of options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hmmmm mine lights up the capacitive buttons when I hit the task switcher!

Maybe they fixed it since.

I watched it in this review (at 6:15)...

https://youtu.be/dny8-f5hjQo?t=6m15s

And then tried it in store and it was not lighting up.

Those of you that ordered online, did you have to enter your bank details? Because it says on the site: "Just so you know, to complete this form, you will need: Your bank account details, including sort code, ...".

Why do they need all that? I wonder if I buy it in store, if I can just pay them cash and get the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rotation lock not working on VLC.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Maybe they fixed it since.

I watched it in this review (at 6:15)...

https://youtu.be/dny8-f5hjQo?t=6m15s

And then tried it in store and it was not lighting up.

Those of you that ordered online, did you have to enter your bank details? Because it says on the site: "Just so you know, to complete this form, you will need: Your bank account details, including sort code, ...".

Why do they need all that? I wonder if I buy it in store, if I can just pay them cash and get the phone?

Did you select a bill pay option? I bought online, and all they took was my credit card for payment. And that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

anyone got a list of the vodafone apps to uninstall?
    got mine last night and unlocked it this morning

very very very good phone so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

woodyg wrote: »
    anyone got a list of the vodafone apps to uninstall?
    got mine last night and unlocked it this morning

very very very good phone so far!

Just attack them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Vodafone Rep over on their talk to forum has told me that "We hope to have version 5.1 available in approximately a week or two", be great if it happens.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057467977/1#post96864867

Vodafone Rep over on their talk to forum has told me that "We hope to have version 5.1 available in approximately a week or two", be great if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

pauleoin wrote: »

So long as the fix for the Sky Go app ain't undone :eek: by upgrading to 5.1!
    Of course, I've no reason to think it will be undone, but I think I'll wait til someone can confirm Sky Go still works on the Ultra 6 on 5.1...

pauleoin wrote: »

Would be great if we got 6.0 Marshmallow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

GvidoR wrote: »
    Would be great if we got 6.0 Marshmallow :D

Ah shire, what's the difference in any of them?

Not alot, I'd bet if someone put 3,4,5 and 6 in front of ya you be hard pressed spot the did.

Ah shire, what's the difference in any of them?

Not alot, I'd bet if someone put 3,4,5 and 6 in front of ya you be hard pressed spot the did.

Settings > About phone > Android version :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

GvidoR wrote: »
    Settings > About phone > Android version :pac:

Pfft, haha.

That's what it'd take though.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

Did anyone on Tesco Mobile or 48 come up with a way of making the "Data Roaming Enabled" notification disappear?

Did you select a bill pay option? I bought online, and all they took was my credit card for payment. And that was that.

No, it was on the PAYG, but it was only showing it on the mobile site. So that was the problem.

However, I have another question. Has anybody here tried ordering with an O2 Money card? It keeps telling me the card type is wrong when I try to place an order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Did anyone on Tesco Mobile or 48 come up with a way of making the "Data Roaming Enabled" notification disappear?

Search back in the thread and you'll find some fairly techy possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is the Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery in this removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is the Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery in this removable.

You cannot remove the back cover at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Trying to screencast my phone to a Samsung smart TV. I can get picture but no sound. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 specifications:
    Dimensions: 154 x 77 x 8.35mm
    Weight: 159g
    Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
    Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
    Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
    Memory: 2GB of RAM
    Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
    Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
    Battery: 3000mAh

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - €169.99
    http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go

Unlock Code - €5.47
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/291500548350?txnId=1188592076019

How to remove the vodafone bloatware simply uninstall the apps and to remove the Vodafone bootlogo download ES file manager and navigate to

/system/media

And remove or rename the bootlogo zip file.

Just scraped some money today and bought one in sligo (they just said they got stock in today) just got in touch with that ebay link because I want to stay with Meteor (best of bad bunch maybe?)

- not that impressed with the speaker volume even on full at moment, very low ringtone volume and youtube volume through the speaker - if i can root it (i shall be sweating because i have rooted loads of phones before but they have either been second hand ones or cheap androids, and a couple of times I have soft bricked a couple and one hard bricked!!) then maybe after rooting I can maybe see if I can adjust some gain settings or something . - I might try rooting the phone with Cydia Impactor first rather than kingo-root - cydia impactor might be quicker and easier.

After rooting it I want to change the screen dpi as well, i know its a big screen but even with my (long sightedness) the writing is still a bit blurry without me glasses on.

The white/silver version on Amazon UK website looked nice - but I didnt want to wait for delivery and all that, I had to have it now/today especially when I heard king communications had them in stock in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

deadlast wrote: »
    Trying to screencast my phone to a Samsung smart TV. I can get picture but no sound. Any ideas?

Did ye have an argument maybe ?

Just scraped some money today and bought one in sligo (they just said they got stock in today) just got in touch with that ebay link because I want to stay with Meteor (best of bad bunch maybe?)

- not that impressed with the speaker volume even on full at moment, very low ringtone volume and youtube volume through the speaker - if i can root it (i shall be sweating because i have rooted loads of phones before but they have either been second hand ones or cheap androids, and a couple of times I have soft bricked a couple and one hard bricked!!) then maybe after rooting I can maybe see if I can adjust some gain settings or something . - I might try rooting the phone with Cydia Impactor first rather than kingo-root - cydia impactor might be quicker and easier.

After rooting it I want to change the screen dpi as well, i know its a big screen but even with my (long sightedness) the writing is still a bit blurry without me glasses on.

The white/silver version on Amazon UK website looked nice - but I didnt want to wait for delivery and all that, I had to have it now/today especially when I heard king communications had them in stock in sligo.

You don't need to root to change DPI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwZxDHGGQI

Techmaster wrote: »
    You cannot remove the back cover at all.

It's not easy but apparently it can be done as this youtube video shows,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LMvSK2pJI

CyberGhost wrote: »
    You don't need to root to change DPI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwZxDHGGQI

thanks, i didnt know that, in the past I have rooted, loaded xposed installer, and app settings and can change dpi on a per app basis which i prefer. - another thing why i want to root is that I like to use gravity box with xposed for extra features - i think GB is out now for lolipop, my present phone has jellybean and i have been using GB (JB) and like it.

• Advertisement

still waiting for my unlock code from that ebay site, i bought it at 8pm and its now 11pm and still no code come though - they most probably gone home, although the website says they are there till 11pm.

so anyway, sat here looking at my phone with the meteor sim in it and a scrolling wording on the notification bar " SIM/RUIM is Perso locked - no service" then when i unlock lockscreen i get the screen to enter my "sim network unlock code/ pin (10 attempts)" - so really all i should have to do when the code comes through from ebay is just punch in the number and hit the tick bottom right shouldnt i ? - and then what? choose operater in settings is it or "automatically register on network"? and then do i have to restart phone and then ready to go?

Advertisement