Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    RandomSelect.ie are doing a night where they book out upstairs in that place on Liffey street.

Mostly fighting games, but would anyone be interested in setting up a retro corner?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1626184767650797/

Hmm, maybe although I might be too interested in EVO itself especially if there's KoFXIII on, that game is such a spectactors fighting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm bringing my Dreamcast.

Only have 1 stick, 2 pads, SoulCalibur / Dead or Alive 2 / Ready 2 Rumble though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Howdy there peeps!

Looking at a Beers in mine before the end of the month...

Let me know the kinda weekends that'll suit folk, and I'll discuss the matter with She Who Must Be Obeyed aka Mrs Ciderman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any time after the weekend of the 15th suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I have a meet up on the 15th in Naas, not sure if I'll be home that evening or staying there or Dublin yet.
    Should be up again since I'm hoping to go to the butterfly farm with Retr0 before it closes at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm good for for most weekends except the 29th as Knavecon is on.

Currently in the process of moving to a bigger place so the Halloween beers will be a good one this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well give me a day and a date or two and I'll get the post
    party planners in!

Actually, how does the 22nd sound?

22nd is good for me.

22nd is good for me.
    Same here but depends on Retr0

Well, as usual, anyone wanting to go and needing directions pm me

• Advertisement

I'm good for for most weekends except the 29th as Knavecon is on.
    I almost forgot, hopefully I'll be here for it this time.
    Currently in the process of moving to a bigger place so the Halloween beers will be a good one this year.
    I better get a copy of The Ring: Terror's Realm

22nd is out :(

Might push it back to early September if that's ok

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    22nd is out :(

Might push it back to early September if that's ok
    But I need my beers fix! Lol jkjk
    It's up to yourself, I don't think anyone would mind extra notice for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whenever suits me really.

OK, gonna try this again....
    September 12th!
    A Saturday night.
    This year, promise....

I don't think I've any plans for September in general.

12th should be okay for me.

Mario Maker Party!

12th should be okay for me.

Mario Maker Party!

Why, when is the release date?

Why, when is the release date?

The 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

• Advertisement

OK, gonna try this again....
    September 12th!
    A Saturday night.
    This year, promise....

Just to let you guys know this is going ahead on the 12th of September.
    Anyone that needs directions to my place drop me a PM.
    The more the merrier, haven't seen you shower in ages!
    Might drop a line to the neighbours in the Ninty forum as well.... then play nothing but Xbox for the night ;)

Hopefully we'll manage to take down Black Mask this time:

batbiosmask.jpg

Hopefully we'll manage to take down Black Mask this time:

batbiosmask.jpg

Super Mario Maker will be taking pride of place, surely?

It's the hour or so needed to get accustomed to the dreadful camera and controls that slows down proceedings

Any idea who is in and who is pulling an Enternow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm in there like swimwear.

I'm in there like swimwear.

13038474_s.jpg

You know me, if Retr0's going I'm going, afaik he is or at least said he was on Saturday

You know me, if Retr0's going I'm going, afaik he is or at least said he was on Saturday

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm going to head out to you. I still have Layer Section and Tokyo Bus Guide put aside for you. If anybody needs a lift from the Northside shopping centre area let me know, there will be empty seats.

• Advertisement

I'm going to head out to you. I still have Layer Section and Tokyo Bus Guide put aside for you. If anybody needs a lift from the Northside shopping centre area let me know, there will be empty seats.

I'm sure I have a Ethernet adapter here for someone, was it yourself?

Advertisement