Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

24th would be a good date for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yep. might be able to make it on the 24th too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I havent made one in ages ..I'm going to see if I can get a pass (also may force drunk people into game testing for me :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yep. Let's press on with the 24th then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep. Let's press on with the 24th then.
    Sounds good for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was supposed to be going out on the 24th but the dates been changed to the 23rd so I'm good to go for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

24th is good for me I think!

I have moved since last time... but only just across the road to a bigger place right next to Priory Hall, so I hope no one is allergic to pyrite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Brilliant, as it's scary game night I'll wear the brown trousers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A friend of mine wants to know if he can get a lift from the Tallaght area to this to save him a taxi ride from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll be going past Tallaght so could pick him up.

Cool I'll get in contact with him and arrange something. Thanks a million!

I'll stock up on spooky chicken nuggets this evening.

I also have a lovely Trintron for the older consoles now too.

PM me for directions... you'll need them, I currently live in the centre of a post apocalyptic wasteland.

The view of Priory Hall is exquisite though...

Ktd7uEDl.jpg

Plenty of parking though, I guess....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What do you need us to bring, if anything

I'd like to bring the MSX but I feel that we'll only be playing awful horror games all night :)

So no Burn Cycle!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd like to bring the MSX but I feel that we'll only be playing awful horror games all night :)

What sort of output are you rocking on that?

So it will be touch and go if I can make it tomorrow. The car exhaust just fell off my car as I was leaving from sligo, could be worse and I could have been in Leitrim or Roscommon. Anyway Depending on when I get someone to pick up the car I might not make a train home and would need a lift anway :(
    DinoRex wrote: »
    What sort of output are you rocking on that?

RGB only.

If you and Sera can get here then I can put you up in the spare room if you don't mind an air mattress, haven't had a chance to get a second bed yet.

I'll try my best, I have to stay here until someone collects my car to be fixed.

My poor baby :(

• Advertisement

Just drive it without the exhaust. I'm sure it sounds bleedin rapid.

Just drive it without the exhaust. I'm sure it sounds bleedin rapid.

Thanks for a great night of scary games and scarier player conditions to see the end of PT!
    Off to work I go, thanks end of BST!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got tied up in a few things yesterday, sorry I couldn't make it Dino!

Ended up playing Pandemic Legacy and before we knew it, it was after midnight... O_o

Thanks for another great night!

Thanks to the hosts as usual for an enjoyable night!

Thanks for coming, guys. Have spent the day eating the remains of the spooky snacks.
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Ended up playing Pandemic Legacy and before we knew it, it was after midnight... O_o

Have heard great things, must pick up a copy soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks again for having us over, was so much fun. PT wreaked my head though.
    Definitely want to play the rest of Life is Strange.

So, Chrimbo Beers!
    I know, I know, it might be a little early, but it's probably only around 4 weeks away from an early December party date, and that's what I'm after right now.

Ok, I'll spell it out!
    What date will suit people for the Seasonal Beers in mine?
    Unless you'd prefer a change to someone elses, that's ok too, don't want to seem like I'm taking over or anything, just I seem to have space for everybody, should everybody turn up!

The possible dates then, I suppose the first two Saturdays in December, the 6th or the 13th, I'm not sure how work parties are going to go but I'll assume that there are those who may find Saturdays awkward, so lets include Friday 5th and 12th as well, just in case.

Let me know, we can do the pressies then as well.

As always, I can give directions to people, courtesy of Google maps and the more the merrier!

• Advertisement

Think my work party is Friday the 4th.

Advertisement