Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sure I have a Ethernet adapter here for someone, was it yourself?

Yes it was, I picked up a light blue ps2 from Adverts a while back, that's what it's going on to. Still need a decent size hdd, have you any idea what type of hdd I need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yes it was, I picked up a light blue ps2 from Adverts a while back, that's what it's going on to. Still need a decent size hdd, have you any idea what type of hdd I need?

For PS2? The standard way is to get an old 3.5" IDE drive, I've a 120GB in mine (which filled up very quickly). I've been looking at some of the SATA mods out there, some you have to butcher the network adapter but others allow you to leave it as is & use adapters, therefore you can use a 2.5" SATA drive

Sorry, for the standard way it's a 3.5" IDE drive, post edited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Myrddin wrote: »
    Sorry, for the standard way it's a 3.5" IDE drive, post edited

I was planning on asking you to carry out the mod when I gathered all the necessary parts, that's if you had the time of course. I'll have a look for a decent size hd when I get in from work, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

I was planning on asking you to carry out the mod when I gathered all the necessary parts, that's if you had the time of course. I'll have a look for a decent size hd when I get in from work, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

It's hardly even what I'd call a mod, once you know someone who has an already exploited PS2. Luckily for you, I do :D I think all I'll need to do is copy the files from my memory card onto yours & you're all set :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Theres a newer softmod called HDD OSD which doesnt require a free mcboot memory card or an existing exploited ps2.

All you do is write an image to the hard drive, pop it in the ps2 and away you go.

Myrddin wrote: »
    For PS2? The standard way is to get an old 3.5" IDE drive, I've a 120GB in mine (which filled up very quickly). I've been looking at some of the SATA mods out there, some you have to butcher the network adapter but others allow you to leave it as is & use adapters, therefore you can use a 2.5" SATA drive

There was chinese 3rd party network adapters with a SATA port but missing the ethernet socket on sale from the likes of dealextreme.

Vectrex Roli installed one in his ps2:

I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere now though.

Doge wrote: »
    Theres a newer softmod called HDD OSD which doesnt require a free mcboot memory card or an existing exploited ps2.

All you do is write an image to the hard drive, pop it in the ps2 and away you go.

Very cool, I hadn't heard of that one cheers. I think I prefer the way FMcB handles things dash wise, but this one is obviously easier to install. Will look more into it :)
    Doge wrote: »
    There was chinese 3rd party network adapters with a SATA port but missing the ethernet socket on sale from the likes of dealextreme.

I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere now though.

Such would be perfect, let me know if you see them listed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You could convert an IDE PS2 phat network adapter with one of these

KeRbDoG wrote: »

You've to butcher the metal shielding though with those, or do you?

• Advertisement

Best I can do is link you to the manufacturer, but they state minimum order quantity of 200!

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/8985359/SATA_PS2_network_adapter_support_SATA_2_5_or_3_5_hard_disk_IDE_network_adapter.html

Maybe you could sweet talk them into selling one or 2? ;)

They also sell parts for the laser:

http://www.hz-game.com/sdp/717275/4/pl-3732631/0-1576163/for_PS2_Series.html

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Sorry Kerb, had a proper look at this & it seems it's a straight swap. Interesting, will have a closer look & consider this cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm in there like swimwear.

Any chance I could get a lift to / from Dundrum from you this Saturday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just remember, Atavan will be rocking up in swim wear, could make for an awkward drive...
    Eyes FRONT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I haven't seen Sparks on does he know there's one planned?

Just remember, Atavan will be rocking up in swim wear, could make for an awkward drive...
    Eyes FRONT!

I planned on staring at his crotch the entire time... am I not allowed or something? :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MrVestek wrote: »
    I planned on staring at his crotch the entire time... am I not allowed or something? :-/

If you promise not to I'll give you a lift.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I haven't seen Sparks on does he know there's one planned?

Just phoned him today, he and Kirsty are in.
    Might be a couple of other new folk as well, should be a laugh, and I get to work the day of it and the following day, Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Might be a couple of other new folk as well, should be a laugh, and I get to work the day of it and the following day, Hooray!
    Great stuff!
    A rare occurrence the day off afterwards.
    We can stay til 6am so right? :p jkjk.

I'll schedule my breaks in the morning so I don't have to be in until 10am, otherwise I'd have to be on duty for 07:45, and be there until 20:40!
    The previous evening, before the night, I'll be off around half six, giving me time to make myself purdy, dust off the 3DO, put up the "No CDi" sign.

• Advertisement

If you promise not to I'll give you a lift.

Deal! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'll no be able to make this one and its not cus I'm afraid of leaving with a car load of broken bits :)
    Have to take the wife out to dinner...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll no be able to make this one and its not cus I'm afraid of leaving with a car load of broken bits :)
    Have to take the wife out to dinner...

marriage-wedding-husband-wife-whip-lash-T-Shirts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yep that about sums it up !!!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    marriage-wedding-husband-wife-whip-lash-T-Shirts.jpg

I don't like where her foot has gone!
    She must be really mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Any idea who is in and who is pulling an Enternow?

Might be turning up if that's OK????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

We can offer a lift to them. Will drop him a text at some point.

Might be turning up if that's OK????

No problems

I don't like where her foot has gone!
    She must be really mad!

He should ask her to register on here as BrownFoot!
    I mean we already have a BrownFinger???

• Advertisement

So, what we going to be playing on Saturday?
    Any requests?
    What do people reckon they'll bring along?
    Will O1s be there?
    Do I need to buy in Guinness crisps?

Advertisement