Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was wondering if it was an April fools thing...
    Don't really want inbred mullet wearers at the beers.
    But don't worry Retr0, you can still go!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I will probably be heading out for a few hours. I picked Mr Vestek and Dog the Bounty Hunter up from Northside Shopping Centre in Coolock before. It's on the 27 bus route, that comes across from Tallaght. If they can make it to the shopping centre I could pick them up from there if they needed a lift.

Cool I'll let him know and pm you contact details later. Thanks for helping him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

?

wpid-dogpublic.jpg

photo.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So what time is this kicking off at again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Around 8 or 9 I suppose, whatever time people arrive, usually spend the first hour talking in the kitchen anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I will probably be heading out for a few hours. I picked Mr Vestek and Dog the Bounty Hunter up from Northside Shopping Centre in Coolock before. It's on the 27 bus route, that comes across from Tallaght. If they can make it to the shopping centre I could pick them up from there if they needed a lift.

Well seems my friend can't make it but thanks for the offer anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It's Saturday and not Friday isn't it? Last few were Fridays I think, getting confused.

It's Saturday and not Friday isn't it? Last few were Fridays I think, getting confused.

It is this Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well seems my friend can't make it but thanks for the offer anyway!

No bother, maybe next time.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well seems my friend can't make it....

Should stick it in the A&R Marketplace!
    ITEM: Position as a friend of Retr0 at the Beers
    POST\COLLECTION: Meet up in Cidermans house
    PRICE: Priceless
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash, PayPal, Hugs, Fist Bumps, High Fives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

can't wait. bringing an msx2, and a stack of loose carts .
    I was hoping the msx2+ would have arrived by now but it's still in transit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

LongZ wrote: »

Why have I got this horrible feeling that I'm going to leave the beers night needing an MSX in my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Myrddin wrote: »
    Why have I got this horrible feeling that I'm going to leave the beers night needing an MSX in my life...

Or a banjo :D

Should be good craic, not had a go at a MSX2 yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

just leaving this here...

10906087_10153217146743276_295144744770429402_n.jpg?oh=449f9ea08801689b3c7e13bfbc32824f&oe=55714CC5

Myrddin wrote: »

Like the Vectrex all over again!
    just leaving this here...

Eh, please don't. Bring it with you! :P

Those boxes look great. That's one thing I kinda of miss about boxed games these days - nothing more than a dvd case and feck all of a manual to be found most times. Although they do take up less space which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Around 8 or 9 I suppose, whatever time people arrive, usually spend the first hour talking in the kitchen anyway!

And that is my favorite part of the night

Gutted to be missing this but hope you all have a great time.
    Even if i had the night off sorted i still couldn't make it as it now looks like i will be doing a 17 hour shift.

Didn't tell little sparks that it was coming up so she knows no different.

Play some Boulder Dash for me please:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Want me t bring anything tonight or just the usual assortment of smut & 90s pop stars?

Want me t bring anything tonight or just the usual assortment of smut & 90s pop stars?

I've got the Haribo and Toffifee covered anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Feck. Would have loved to check out that bounty. Did you get any Aleste games yet?

We need to scour the small ads and hook you up with a Turbo R! :)

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Feck. Would have loved to check out that bounty. Did you get any Aleste games yet?

We need to scour the small ads and hook you up with a Turbo R! :)

Sure you're only out the road, why not come along?

• Advertisement

Sure you're only out the road, why not come along?

One in the future definitely. Right now I'd be asleep at the wheel before I even made it off my driveway.

Cheers though. Take lots of MSX snaps though for the Premium Fever thread!

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    One in the future definitely. Right now I'd be asleep at the wheel before I even made it off my driveway.
    4938613.jpeg

A really big thanks to everyone who came this evening, it was great to see everyone and to watch Andrew triumph over Aliens, and Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy triumph similarly over whatever mental game she was playing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just home now, thanks again, pleasure as always!

Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy triumph similarly over whatever mental game she was playing!
    Lazy triumph, I just had to finish it though, it was something
    Edit: thanks for everything and for having us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Just home

Unfortunately it was from work, long bloody day makes me question why i became a barman.

At least i can take pride in the job that was done today

Now time for a Beer

Not long in the door myself. Thanks to the Cidey family for the warm hospitality and it was great to see familiar and new faces. Good fun was had.

Oh and thanks to atavan for leading us in and out of the maze of country roads, would've been completely lost otherwise. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks for hosting Cidey, was nice to see the regulars again. I managed to successfully avoid the MSX for most of the night, and as a result, have probably saved myself a fortune

Was there any Aleste or Konami MSX Premium Fever action GO GO! Type R?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Many thanks Ciderman, good to see some old and new faces again :)

Advertisement