Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Don't forget, beers in mine on the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh ****e. Was supposed to be heading over to the UK to see herself that weekend but she's now my ex...

So...

Have arranged a trip to Cardiff to see some mates and do Doctor Who related stuff instead.

Pity because you're only down the road from me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woohoo!
    I wonder if the neighbour will have her door open invitingly once again?

I might be a seat or two for a couple of brave north side souls who want to venture south of the border

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I might be a seat or two for a couple of brave north side souls who want to venture south of the border

I hope you don't mean in the car! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    I hope you don't mean in the car! :pac:

No I mean negotiated coupling of an oral nature....

Of course i mean in the car!

That is driving, not sexual relations in my car, south of the border....

Oooh eck missus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No I mean negotiated coupling of an oral nature....

Of course i mean in the car!

That is driving, not sexual relations in my car, south of the border....

Oooh eck missus

jj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

jj.gif
    This is the best gif <3

So, this still going ahead??

If so any lifts needed for peeps on this side of the city?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Going to see if i can book it off as i havent made it to one in aaages. Also damned if i'm driving for once ( because beer) so might head to the city centre and see if I can hit someone up for a lift .
    (..actually ata , where do you live?)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Going to see if i can book it off as i havent made it to one in aaages. Also damned if i'm driving for once ( because beer) so might head to the city centre and see if I can hit someone up for a lift .
    (..actually ata , where do you live?)

I'm in Dundrum, right beside the Luas stop of the same name.

• Advertisement

Retr0's busy so I'm out, was really looking for forward to it.
    092b1df2fdb32b71a0cf98662d41bf65.jpg

It's coming up to summer so hopefully there'll be more - have fun (play JJBA All-Star Battle in my honour)

d8a.jpg

Busy playing with his msx!
    Da bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Should be able to make it along.

Will see what sh*t-tier games I have lying about that I can bring along.

If anyone wants directions for Saturday drop us an oul PM

So, who is going?
    Or is it going to be bijou exclusive set of die hards?

Also... anything I need to bring along, controller-wise?

My friend might come, he's not on boards though.

If you have GameCube & dreamcast controllers that'd be great.

No problem
    The trance pack is being deep cleaned, so I may leave that at home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I shan't be in attendance, have a great night folks :)

Enjoy yourselves tonight guys, let us know what awful games ye play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I have to back out , was out last night and inflicting 2 nights of wrestling the kids into submssion for bed on my wife wouldnt be fair .
    Enjoy it lads

Thanks for a great night Atavan,
    I ain't going on no volcano fool!

We'll try for our Disaster: Day of Crisis no death speed run at the next one!

If we could put the subtitles up we could have fun reading along with the dialogue bro! Or was it brah?

Words of doom, "will you look after this watch for me? just in case...."

Now.
    Just looking at the Beers suggestion of a while ago and seeing about Retrogaming on the big big screen, in the cinema in Ashbourne.
    They have a deal on that you pay €100 and get an hour of the PS3/360 on the movie screen.
    I'm thinking though that the Retron5 might be compatible, assuming it's just a HDMI port they have, and we could play 4 player Super bomberman or similar.

If we move ahead with it we'll see what we'll play and how long per player.

Also I'll be away from the last week in July and back on the second week of August, so might throw a Beers towards the end of August.

Plenty of time to get numbers and game suggestions in.

Let me know what you think and if we get the numbers we could get a deal on 3 hours before moving the party back to mine afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing on a retron 5 is against my religious beliefs.

All sounds good to me, I'm not too fussy, missed out on the last beers so I need my fix lol.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Playing on a retron 5 is against my religious beliefs.

Well, I'm an atheist, which is why I'm cool with it.
    And, VC aside, its the only way to play Megaman 2 on a movie screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CuriousYellow

I am also an atheist but this sounds like heaven

• Advertisement

RandomSelect.ie are doing a night where they book out upstairs in that place on Liffey street.

Mostly fighting games, but would anyone be interested in setting up a retro corner?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1626184767650797/

Advertisement