Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, what we going to be playing on Saturday?
    Any requests?
    What do people reckon they'll bring along
    Should be there all going well.
    Its Mario Maker Day tomorrow isn't it? We should be playing CDi til 6am tbh. Lol jkjk
    I assume it was Batman yes played again last time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some of us have work in the morning!
    I'm sure we will see that infernal Batman game beaten eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Should be there all going well.
    Its Mario Maker Day tomorrow isn't it? We should be playing CDi til 6am tbh. Lol jkjk

I'm going to stay up all night tonight painstakingly recreating 'Super Mario's Wacky Worlds' in Mario Maker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm going to stay up all night tonight painstakingly recreating 'Super Mario's Wacky Worlds' in Mario Maker.

Complete with epilepsy strobe effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

We can offer a lift to them. Will drop him a text at some point.

Cheers Dino m8

Hope everyone is well . Been a chaotic few months for myself with work and other bits but good news

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaackkkkk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I miss the whole Repton is better than boulderdash arguments.

Boudlerdash had a level editor title 30 years before Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Boudlerdash had a level editor title 30 years before Mario.

So so true

Probably a better editor too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, is it possible to make a Boulder Dash level in Super Mario Maker?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Right, if I'm feeling better later on tonight I should be getting a lift in with Avatan.

Does anybody want me to bring anything with me?

I was thinking a typing of the dead session on the Dreamcast could be a bit of fun?

• Advertisement

I have the DC and a keyboard somewhere, bring it along, with the caveat that it probably won't be played due to Atavan playing a teen quiz game as a character called Bum, Retr0 playing through Burn Cycle or Dinorex playing that infernal Batman game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only on my way now! See you guys soon!

Thanks to everyone who came along this evening, it was a great night, from Super Mario Maker with Retr0's failure and Sparks' success in Starlord's creations to watching horny teens get their just desserts in Until Dawn, plus some Bubble Bobble, Layer Section and a game so awesome if killed my Xbox :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just home now, thanks again!

Damn, here I am at work.
    And I'm tired.
    But worth it.
    Perhaps they could combine Super Mario Maker and Until Dawn, so you could build your own spooky axe murderer filled lonely pathways through the woods and ask dumb ass teens to follow them to their doom.

Thanks for your hospitality once again! Another fun night!

Sorry about Metal Wolf Chaos. The game was just too awesomely American for the most American console ever. Thanks for another great night!

You're making me sad, Michael.

And he killed my Xbox!
    You b@stard!!

Luckily I have another one, tucked away upstairs.
    In the games room no one went into.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks for entertaining us all last night, wish I stayed longer. The night flew in :(

• Advertisement

Really want to see if Until Dawn, not getting a PS4 though.
    Remember playing Typing of the Dead oh that was great craic, pity Vestek was asleep for it.
    Thanks for having us again.

Cheers again for the invite. Was good to see you guys again... even if I did end up falling asleep for a bit. :P

So, Halloween, it can only mean it's nearly time to sit on Dinorex's floor and play terrible horror themed games!!
    Though this year we could see some infernal Mario Maker ghost house creations as well!

So, Halloween, it can only mean it's nearly time to sit on Dinorex's floor and play terrible horror themed games!!
    Though this year we could see some infernal Mario Maker ghost house creations as well!

Yep!

Sorry not to get to planning it sooner. Work has been crazy.

How does the 24th suit people?

Yeah, sounds good, I'll be working the day of and the day after but that's no problem, I'll just pull a Vestek and fall asleep, awake up then pretend to have seen it all

Morgan-Freeman-Falls-Asleep-in-the-late-night-audience-jimmy-fallon.gif

Yeah, sounds good, I'll be working the day of and the day after but that's no problem, I'll just pull a Vestek and fall asleep, awake up then pretend to have seen it all

Morgan-Freeman-Falls-Asleep-in-the-late-night-audience-jimmy-fallon.gif

Your parties are just that exciting.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Your parties are just that exciting.

Yeah, yeah I know :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

24th is out for me I'm afraid

17th/24th are suitable for me.

• Advertisement

Any news on a date being picked yet?

Advertisement