Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've Koloroved for the first time in years and I'm already both terrified and excited. Hopefully he can make it through 2 games...

PVA out for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... Just checked United last home results vs Newcastle since they came back to PL.

2010-11: 3-0
    2011-12: 1-1
    2012-13: 4-3
    2013-14: 0-1
    2014-15: 3-1

Only 1 CS! ...5 years ago :o.
    Rooney only scored twice (last year). For what it's worth he doesn't have any away goal against them during the same period.

But he does have good stats against them, certainly from older results (and other comps). I don't have his assists stats too, which could change the full picture upside down.

The home CS stat does make me rethink my Coates -> Darmian for -8 now (it's neverending :pac:...). -4 for + £0.2m only? A lot less appealing now...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

By those stats I'm taking it that they tonk them every 2nd season :cool: this is the season off

manual_man wrote: »
    By those stats I'm taking it that they tonk them every 2nd season :cool: this is the season off
    No CS too though will have to choose the saying here... While you say "third time lucky" we Frenchies say "what happened twice will happen thrice". Jeez even the proverbs give me a FPL headache :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

iroced wrote: »
    Mahrez is on fire. Who knows if he can keep this form?

In your Yaya team who's on your bench every week? Koné?
    In your Silva team who is it? Anya? Rotate him & Koné?
    So basically it's Yaya + Mahrez vs Silva + Koné/Anya. I'd favour the former but it's a tough call for me since have a bit of a football crush on Silva :o.

In defense, Darmian Williams and rotate the other 3? Don't know about it (this rotation) but that looks good on paper ;).

Who are your GKs?

Keepers right now are myhill and butland.. Kone is a cheap Third choice striker but I'm wondering should I get someone like deeney who is likely to play every week and a decent option also. Need to get this WC right as like many I've started terribly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

my main question relates to my mf.. i have .5 in the bank..
    curently its
    sanchez, mahrez, depay, toure, payet..

would i be better off downgrading mahrez to a 4.5 and upgrading toure to silva?

sanchez, anya, depay, silva, payet?

its the little things... is sagna likely to stay in the city team for much longer?

lastly, where do people stand on GK's?

courtois/4.0? vs 4.5/4.5???

Just on Sagna, no he's not likely to stay in the City team. He has played well this season so far but Zabaleta will get a lot of gametime too. The safest selection in the Man City defense is Kompany, everyone else is a roation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cesc and Rooney out for Sanchez and Benteke for -4

IS it worth it? Ideally wanted to keep Rooney for Newcastle but both Cesy/Rooney seem completly out of sorts.

Promised myself no -4's this year but feel there could be a further .3m swing by Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 37,762 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

my main question relates to my mf.. i have .5 in the bank..
    curently its
    sanchez, mahrez, depay, toure, payet..

would i be better off downgrading mahrez to a 4.5 and upgrading toure to silva?

sanchez, anya, depay, silva, payet?

its the little things... is sagna likely to stay in the city team for much longer?

lastly, where do people stand on GK's?

courtois/4.0? vs 4.5/4.5???

Why would you even consider dumping he joint highest scoring in FPL? Depay has done nothing to this point, if you are considering downgrading anyone it should be him imo.

On Sagna, it's hard to know what shape Zabaleta is in but with two clean sheets I'd be surprised if anybody gets dropped from the starting lineup at City.

Courtois is 5.5, so you have 9.5 to spend if you go a different route. Again I'd be looking at who has done well so far. Guzan and Myhill look a good alternating pair and hold the .5 for if/when Foster is back at WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

If I made transfers last Sunday without activating my wildcard and then made another transfer today using my wildcard, would I still lose points from the transfers made on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,762 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

gazump123 wrote: »
    If I made transfers last Sunday without activating my wildcard and then made another transfer today using my wildcard, would I still lose points from the transfers made on Sunday?

No, this weeks transfers started on Friday night and it's the same week until Saturday at 11.45am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

gazump123 wrote: »

If you take a hit and then use your WC in the same week you won't the lose the points. A WC gives free transfers for the whole GW no matter what day you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

eagle eye wrote: »
    No, this weeks transfers started on Friday night and it's the same week until Saturday at 11.45am.

Okay thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Thinking of taking out Hazard Walcott and Vardy

For Silva Albrighton and Aguero for a -4

Or take out Kane for Aguero and Walcott for Mahrez. 3 in bank for future investment.

Opinions welcome.

Keepers right now are myhill and butland.. Kone is a cheap Third choice striker but I'm wondering should I get someone like deeney who is likely to play every week and a decent option also. Need to get this WC right as like many I've started terribly

For the same price you have Myhill/Guzan who offer perfect rotation. Now beware! They both returned an away CS in the first 2 GWs, so your rotation could turn into a disaster.

What's difficult this year is there is no viable £4.0m def. So far. And very very few £8.5m GKs combo (Palace when Speroni will be back, Leicester, Newcastle & Norwich) but not sure the latter 2 are worth it. So far...
    So it's difficult to free cash. I actually wonder if a non guaranteed to play £4.0m 5th def (e.g. Saylor) is not the way to go :confused:.

The other possibility is to get a premium one (e.g. Courtois) and a non-playing £4.0m second GK. But as people already said, the amount of CS itself doesn't make a GK essential in FPL terms (the only exception I can remember is Forster last year but he was not that dear). Saves are very important. Pantilimon was excellent for that matter last year. And if you analyse it, he's on 3 pts this year having conceded 4 and 3. It could be much worse.

--

Re Koné. How much did you buy him for? 'Cause you could maybe make some £0.1m profit out of him.

But the question you need to ask yourself regarding your strikeforce is how will you line-up most weeks?

If you keep Sanchez, Mahrez, Depay, Toure, Payet with Agüero & Gomis upfront, Koné will be on the bench most week. So it's fine for now. I'd almost be tempted to get a £4.5m one who gets 30 min here and there (e.g. Grabban, Watmore) if cash can be really useful elsewhere.

And if you want Silva I'd say it's Payet or Depay that need to go for a £4.5m playing mid (e.g. D. Fletcher, Wanyama, Westwood...) so that you can spend more for your third striker.

Up to you between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 in the end. And be sure 3-5-3 will only bring selection headaches, choices disappointments and bitter points on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Gooners wrote: »
    Thinking of taking out Hazard Walcott and Vardy

For Silva Albrighton and Aguero for a -4

Or take out Kane for Aguero and Walcott for Mahrez. 3 in bank for future investment.

Opinions welcome.

I'd go with a mixture of the first option.

Walcott too much money to be on your bench or worse a 15 minute cameo with no points.

Silva going up and is in flying form, Albrighton in great shape but you already have Mahrez (who I'd prefer to keep till I milked the Bandwagon for every rise) maybe Hoolahan for Norwich ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Colking wrote: »
    I'd go with a mixture of the first option.

Walcott too much money to be on your bench or worse a 15 minute cameo with no points.

Silva going up and is in flying form, Albrighton in great shape but you already have Mahrez (who I'd prefer to keep till I milked the Bandwagon for every rise) maybe Hoolahan for Norwich ?

Thanks for reply. I don't have Mahrez..

My choices are
    A Hazard Walcott and Vardy out
    Silva Albrighton and Aguero in

Or

B Hazard Walcott and Kane out
    Silva Mahrez and Aguero in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    It's all about to happen. This Saturday is the beginning of the Rooney.

Rooney I'm starting to lose faith in you and place it in Sanchez instead. I'm so sorry. I never meant for it to end this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

My choices are

Or

Sorry, misread your post.

Thats a tough choice. Kane is a possibility of missing some time, but they have very good fixtures coming up.

I'd go A and keep Kane and Aguerro. With Kane in the side you can always downgrade to Giroud or Benteke if he continues to look like haveing second seasonitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Colking wrote: »
    With Kane in the side you can always downgrade to Giroud or Benteke if he continues to look like haveing second seasonitis.

Kane was brilliant on Saturday, till he got taken off/injured. I'm definitely not worried about second seasonitis, just Spurs being ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

LostArt wrote: »
    Kane was brilliant on Saturday, till he got taken off/injured. I'm definitely not worried about second seasonitis, just Spurs being ****e.

He looked good from highlights, could have had a goal and assist on another day. I'm worried about holding into September when Europa group stage starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Payet or Memphis ?

If i get Memphis i can only really afford Sakho up top. If i get Payet i can get Gomis.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

Slattsy wrote: »
    Payet or Memphis ?

If i get Memphis i can only really afford Sakho up top. If i get Payet i can get Gomis.

Any thoughts?

Payet & Gomis I'd like best.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Invincible wrote: »
    Payet & Gomis I'd like best.:)

This. Until Memphis does it in the PL at least

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

eagle eye wrote: »

Courtois is 5.5, so you have 9.5 to spend if you go a different route.

Courtois is actually 5.4 now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yaya or Silva is wrecking my head.

Silva is, in my opinion, the far better bet but having Yaya at 1.5m cheaper allows me to strengthen other areas.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

My choices are

Or

You might as well just call it Vardy and Mahrez or Albrighton and Kane. I'd pick the two Leicester boys and it should free up some funds if I'm not mistaken. I haven't watched Tottenham play but Kane has done nothing for me so far. I have my doubts if he will continue his spectacular form as he did last year. This post is very subjective though, it's mainly my gut instinct that tells me that option B is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FutureGuy wrote: »

Silva is, in my opinion, the far better bet but having Yaya at 1.5m cheaper allows me to strengthen other areas.

Opinions?

I've had to compromise and get Yaya in. That 1.5 made too big of a difference to my team

Still on WC but can't see it changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »

Opinions?

I have kept Silva as he is playing far more central than previous years which will allow him be even more productive.

Also his price allows me a Hazard return with two transfers rather than possibly 3 with the cheaper Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Now that Pellegrini I'd playing Silva off Aguero, rather than 2 up top with Silva wide, I think Silva will be the top midfield points scorer.

Him and Aguero are the first names on my team sheet right now.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    I've had to compromise and get Yaya in. That 1.5 made too big of a difference to my team

Still on WC but can't see it changing.

Same. Comparing stats for Yaya and Silva helped that decision too.

Advertisement