Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options
  • 24-07-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

I just got an email from hardwareversand saying that it is going into administration. here is the direct message through google translate
    Die Geschäftsführung
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/insolvenz
    Time for change!
    Opinion on the insolvency

Dear customers,

The Hardwareversand. Had to de gmbh on 23.07.2015 at the district court arnsberg the opening of the bankruptcy proceedings with the aim of long-term rehabilitation and / or. Restructuring. Mr Lawyer Dr. Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger, White & Case, was appointed to the provisional administrator.

The Hardwareversand. De Gmbh, your operation unchanged.

The Payment of wages and salaries of the employees is for the next three months up to and including 30.09.2015 on the payment of insolvency money. The Board of directors and the preliminary insolvency administrator will be in the next few weeks the opportunities and possibilities for a long-term rehabilitation and / or. Explore restructuring. With the suppliers are made the necessary arrangements, the further supply of the company.

For you as a customer, this means that they continue to hardwareversand. De can order. In particular, vorkassezahlungen for products / orders again shortly be possible. For these vorkassezahlungen is the receipt of your goods. All customers the before 23.07.2015 have ordered and their orders not yet fully have been processed, we will be informed personally.

The management and the provisional administrator together, check what possibilities for long-term continuation of the shops are also, i.e. on the opening of insolvency proceedings. Conceivable are the rehabilitation of the company by a restructuring plan to the other, the sale of the company or individual parts to an investor.

We thank you for your trust and hope you continue to be as a customer.

The management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Jaysus - are they going to fulfil orders already placed (given stock on their website is disappearing)?

No protection with bank transfer i would imagine for orders placed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Never used them because of the inability to pay via credit card like every other e-tailer worth their salt and the insult of charging people to use paypal. Didn't seem like the most reliable bunch either. Just a shame the euro has tanked against sterling cos shopping in the UK is very expensive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Now I've go learn stock prices off from a whole new shop :(

Wunderbar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That explains that then. Their prices were good in comparison to Ireland, but they weren't the cheapest in Germany by a long shot, not even after using geizhals - did boardsies have a massive boner for them just out of tradition or is there something else I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

they were great when I used them, but could feel this was coming with all the weird stuff they were doing recently. Hopefully they will refund everyone ASAP who gave sent money recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I knew something was fishy when they stopped using gezhails.

Thankfully I didn't order my processor yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Was due to order from them soon.. Looks like I won't be. Any other sites to get from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i was wondering what was going on with them, few items were out of stock for bloody ages

hopefully everyone that ordered recently doesn't get screwed over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I just put in a order earlier in the week a full PC build (via Paypal). I did not get that email but got an email off them today stating the most of the components were out of stock.

This was on the mail:

The manufacturer did not communicate an expected date for the delivery of the ordered article xxxxxxxxxxxx - Graphics card. We will deliver the article immediately after arrival.

If this is the case I hope I can get a refund now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That explains the goings on of the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

grindle wrote: »
    That explains that then. Their prices were good in comparison to Ireland, but they weren't the cheapest in Germany by a long shot, not even after using geizhals - did boardsies have a massive boner for them just out of tradition or is there something else I'm missing?

They were cheap compared to others that deliver here, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I had a weird feeling this was on the way. They've been extremely slow for everything lately and disturbingly vague on providing any form of dates for deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Just received an order from them this week. I assume I can still deal with the manufacturer directly if something goes wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Damn, such a shame. Anyone know of any decent alternatives with similar pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hollywoodhogan

wow that's sad to hear.

I just received parts from them 2 weeks ago. The order took 2 months to finalize however. Perhaps something to do with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So where do we go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

So where do we go now?

Scan.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk... all have good/great customer
    service with reasonable/free delivery charges.

I would love to recommend a Irish retailer than can compete on price & service,
    but most are just subsidiaries of UK/EU retailers e.g. Dabs.ie, Komplett.ie

However MemoryC.com are Irish and can be reasonable on certain items,
    perhaps it's time for them to move more into the PC builder enthusiast market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Any alternatives that'll build machine aswell???

Christ, I'll have to get a laptop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any alternatives that'll build machine aswell???

Christ, I'll have to get a laptop!!

Digital Solitudes PC Emporium™?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Damn, such a shame. Anyone know of any decent alternatives with similar pricing?
    So where do we go now?

Computeruniverse.net are another german crowd that are fairly good. I've bought two 290s and a psu off them, would recommend,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Computeruniverse.net are another german crowd that are fairly good. I've bought two 290s and a psu off them, would recommend,
    I bought a monitor off them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LudoFrancis

Maybe this is why it took them a month to refund me when I switched CPU I originally ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Has anyone got a refund from them and how long does it take usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

After it taking them a week to cancel my order I've been waiting since the 17th for my refund. Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

After it taking them a week to cancel my order I've been waiting since the 17th for my refund. Don't hold your breath.
    Waiting also since the 17th...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Guys don't forget Komplett.ie, their prices have improved of late.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Guys don't forget Komplett.ie, their prices have improved of late.

Their customer service seems as shoddy as ever (based on my last communication with them regarding a product they were out of stock of - that communication ended my potential custom with them :P)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

im surprised komplett are still going, they crashed hard didn't they?

i forget exactly what it was they did that pissed everyone off, but they went from being a guaranteed recommendation to 'ah here, if you absolutely have to' very very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

strelok wrote: »
    im surprised komplett are still going, they crashed hard didn't they?

i forget exactly what it was they did that pissed everyone off, but they went from being a guaranteed recommendation to 'ah here, if you absolutely have to' very very quickly

I hardly think people posting on boards.ie would be the majority of their customers. They will have many outside of us here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,896 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Phew! I'm lucky. I had an order totaling €565 with them and they emailed me to say that 2 out of the 5 items ordered were not available. After trying to communicate with them and cancel the order I contacted the credit card company and just today I got the full amount refunded.

They wouldnt reply to emails or faxed correspondence - I have a post here about it

Advertisement