Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you paid via PayPal and didn't receive the goods you will get your money back in full. Zero doubts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

BTW If i payed by bank transfer is there anything i should do the way i see it is my money is gone but just wanted to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

laneooo wrote: »
    BTW If i payed by bank transfer is there anything i should do the way i see it is my money is gone but just wanted to ask?

You will have to wait until the administrator is ready to accept claims. This will be after secured creditors are sorted. You will likely get cents on the euro though unfortunately if anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CarSale

Barr125 wrote:
    Interesting, I got an email saying they'd be reviewing my case and I'd know by the 17th and I put in my claim pretty much the same day I got my email from HV. They'll be reviewing my case and I'll know by the 17th of August. Your case does set a good precedent for me though.

I got my money back a few days ago too. I escalated the case straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Barr125 wrote: »
    Interesting, I got an email saying they'd be reviewing my case and I'd know by the 17th and I put in my claim pretty much the same day I got my email from HV. They'll be reviewing my case and I'll know by the 17th of August. Your case does set a good precedent for me though.

On the day I got the insolvency mail from HV (July 27th), I rang up paypal that day and explained the situation to the lady on the phone and she immediately escalated the case for a claim.

I checked the claim and it said that if there was no contact from the seller (HV) by Aug 6th my claim would be resolved.

I have to give kudos to the staff at paypal. The lady was very professional and dealt with my claim quickly and efficiently and put me at ease.

Having previously worked in a similar customer care environment myself I know how difficult and stressful the job can be at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

Did you escalate your case right away or did you wait for paypal to do it? If you waited then it makes sense.

I escalated as soon as I got the email, which was the Monday the 27th July. They replied on the cut-off date for HWV to respond, which was Friday just gone. So either they get back to me before or on the 17 of this month.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    On the day I got the insolvency mail from HV (July 27th), I rang up paypal that day and explained the situation to the lady on the phone and she immediately escalated the case for a claim.

I checked the claim and it said that if there was no contact from the seller (HV) by Aug 6th my claim would be resolved.

I have to give kudos to the staff at paypal. The lady was very professional and dealt with my claim quickly and efficiently and put me at ease.

Having previously worked in a similar customer care environment myself I know how difficult and stressful the job can be at times.

This seems to be mirroring my situation which is really good. I did all of mine purely online so it may be a little slower. It sets a decent precedent though, if mine doesn't go through (don't know why It wouldn't) then I could point to your case and say "why did his go through then?".

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

Barr125 wrote: »
    I escalated as soon as I got the email, which was the Monday the 27th July. They replied on the cut-off date for HWV to respond, which was Friday just gone. So either they get back to me before or on the 17 of this month.

almost the same. I made a claim on 27th and escalated it right away. Paypal said that HWV had until something like the 7th to reply. I got an email from paypal on the 7th saying that they are currently reviewing the case and have requested extra information from the seller. They say they'll contact me again by the 17th August.
    I'm confident that I'll get my money back but I wish this was over at this stage.
    What complicates my case is that they have sent some of the goods so I'm only looking for a partial refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As I stated earlier in the thread I got a full refund after contacting the CC company. They obviously contacted PayPal (used for payment) and opened a dispute. Subsequent to that I received a letter from the CC co. stating that the seller had 45 days to contest the claim / dispute.

I then got a separate email from Paypal about a week after the money was refunded to the CC and they seem to be saying that they were "working on it"

All a bit strange and I'd imagine or hoping that its just run of the mill stuff.

Paypal email below.
    Dear muffler,

We were recently notified that you initiated a chargeback with your credit card issuer because

you did not receive your item or service.

Here are the details of this case:

Seller's name: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Seller's email: marketplace@hardwareversand.de
    Seller's transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Your transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Transaction date: 13 July 2015
    Transaction amount: -€565.31 EUR
    Disputed amount: €565.31 EUR

We are working with your card issuer to resolve this chargeback. If this issue is now resolved, please let your card issuer know, and cancel the chargeback in your Resolution Center.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know about a service available to you through PayPal.

PayPal Purchase Protection allows you to report a problem with any item you purchase using PayPal.

Sincerely,

PayPal

muffler wrote: »
    As I stated earlier in the thread I got a full refund after contacting the CC company. They obviously contacted PayPal (used for payment) and opened a dispute. Subsequent to that I received a letter from the CC co. stating that the seller had 45 days to contest the claim / dispute.

I then got a separate email from Paypal about a week after the money was refunded to the CC and they seem to be saying that they were "working on it"

All a bit strange and I'd imagine or hoping that its just run of the mill stuff.

Paypal email below.

As far as I'm aware (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), since you went to the CC with a chargeback before going to Paypal, the money was refunded straight from the Paypal bank account (assuming, from your story, you got your money back straight away). So, you technically got your refund straight from Paypal and, as such, they now have to make double sure you haven't tried to screw them as it's their money. In my, and a few other, cases, we went to Paypal to claim back and, from one other person, Paypal refunded their money already, which sets a precedent for the rest of us, should Paypal decided differently with any of the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes they are letting you know you didn't need to go to the credit card company because you are protected under paypal rules so they would have expected you to claim with them first. Your CC opened a dispute with Paypal, rather than Paypal getting the chance to open a dispute with HWVS. If you had contacted Paypal , they would remove the money from HWVS account and return it to you. But the CC probably took the money off paypal. I'd be contacting paypal to let them know you got your money back already via the CC company and if paypal are out of pocket its HWVS that owes it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LazyTuna

Money in the bank, thanks PayPal. Now lets go buy a pc!

LazyTuna wrote: »
    Money in the bank, thanks PayPal. Now lets go buy a pc!
    Lucky so and so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Now that I have got money back, I'm looking towards the new PC Build again.

I have but a build together on computeruniverse.net and the build plus shipping seems like pritty good deal and is well within my orignal budget.

Has anyone delt with computeruniverse.net before? are they reliable? what a shipping times like etc. Dont want to get burned twice at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Now that I have got money back, I'm looking towards the new PC Build again.

I have but a build together on computeruniverse.net and the build plus shipping seems like pritty good deal and is well within my orignal budget.

Has anyone delt with computeruniverse.net before? are they reliable? what a shipping times like etc. Dont want to get burned twice at this stage!

I would 100% back computer universe. I've bought two r9 290s off them when they were €400 each and a €180 power supply so spent a grand and wouldn't hesitate to spend another with them if I had it! Great CS also with dedicated call centre to answer any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

So didn't see this thread till after I ordered from them and paid by bank transfer but got all my stuff today two weeks after ordering so seems their still operating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

kristok 2 wrote: »
    So didn't see this thread till after I ordered from them and paid by bank transfer but got all my stuff today two weeks after ordering so seems their still operating

If you ordered after 23.07.2015 then your order will be fulfilled or money refunded because the business is being operated by the provisional administrator under bankruptcy rules.

It is those who ordered before that date and did not receive their product who seem to be in trouble as they have little hope of supply or refund. The legal entity they dealt with is no longer trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

While the stories about PayPal here are good, I'm wary of anyone saying PayPal are "safe".

PayPal want you to think they're a payments company. They're not.

If you pay with a credit card, you have a set of legal protections backed up by a government regulator and international banking/financial agreements. That's why a chargeback through your credit card company has fixed deadlines etc.

PayPal are just another merchant. One that sells their payment processing architecture to other companies for a fee, but that's not the same thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Tbh as long as everything you want is marked as in stock I think you'd be OK still. That stock needs to be sold.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

While the stories about PayPal here are good, I'm wary of anyone saying PayPal are "safe".

PayPal want you to think they're a payments company. They're not.

If you pay with a credit card, you have a set of legal protections backed up by a government regulator and international banking/financial agreements. That's why a chargeback through your credit card company has fixed deadlines etc.

PayPal are just another merchant. One that sells their payment processing architecture to other companies for a fee, but that's not the same thing at all.

Paypal are just the defacto online payment arbitrator, whether you're happy about that or not is for another thread, but that is the position they occupy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Paypal are just the defacto online payment arbitrator, whether you're happy about that or not is for another thread, but that is the position they occupy.

I'm not denying their size, or their position in the market.

I just think that people need to be careful when they describe PayPal as a "payment arbitrator" or anything else.

They're not. They're just a merchant.

I just think that people need to be careful when they describe PayPal as a "payment arbitrator" or anything else.

FWIW I don't really mind what they are... just as long as I get my money back. It appears a few on this board already have so I remain hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well depending on the situation, they can act as a heavier handed creditor.

While paypal are firing all these refunds back, they will pursue Haardversand as a creditor, except rather then just being a single customer, they will have a massive credit to be looked after(the value of all the refunds they provided directly to customers) and they have the litigation and legal department to do so and successfully.

Paypal are notoriously successful in entering insolvent retail companies as a very large value creditor, and regaining their credit.

So just to update you all. Paypal refunded the balance of my order. They didn't even ask for proof of what was delivered or anything like that. In theory I suppose I could have said that they only delivered one item or something but I reckon that's just bad karma.
    Now to finally get my pc built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Apologies for digging up the old thread, but for anyone who paid by bank transfer this might be of some interest. The following was posted on Hardwareversand's Facebook page on the 5/10.
    Dear Facebook community,
    since 01.10.2015 is the official insolvency proceedings underway. All customers who still have claims outstanding will be informed by the liquidator to the 10/23/2015 in writing on how to proceed, how they can make their claims.
    Here's the official press release of 02/10/2015:
    >> Renovation of the PC dealer ATELCO progressing
    After a total of 12 companies of ATELCO group of companies, including the ATELCO Computer AG and the hwv hardwareversand.de GmbH, had asked on 23/07/2015 insolvency applications, the district court Arnsberg opened on 01/10/2015 insolvency proceedings for the first nine companies based in Möhnesee and ordered the Dortmund lawyer Christoph Schulte-Kaubrügger for insolvency. This was previously managed jointly with the management and the approximately 350 employees of ATELCO group of companies to ensure the delivery of single and online dealer with IT hardware and software products for consumer electronics and telecommunications equipment, maintain customer deliveries and customer service, and so stabilize the business operations. "Both in the ATELCO stores as well as online retail, we have - after the initial uncertainty of our customers could be eliminated through communication on all channels - get incredible encouragement and are given the very good results of the operational continuations able business also continue after the opening of insolvency proceedings with full force. In parallel with the continuation of business, we are both looking for a suitable investor continue as elicit alternative rehabilitation options, such as the drawing up an insolvency plan, "says Schulte-Kaubrügger, highlighting in particular the contribution of employees :. "All ATELCO employees can be proud that they have succeeded in spite of this stage win is the difficult market environment."
    "We remain committed in 12 ATELCO stores across Germany with our highly motivated employees for the customer. In addition, the online mail order in our web shop is running at full speed. Customers from home and abroad remain loyal to us, "says Ralf Schwalbe, CEO of ATELCO Computer AG, emphasized on the very positive business and" Customers can count on us. Our range is particularly convincing gamers for whom we build individually with high IT expertise and top service PC's. "
    As a further step towards a long-term restoration and the preservation of more than 25 jobs also the ATELCO stores in Berlin, Kaiserslautern and Kiel could be sold to a strategic investor by 01.10.2015. <<

I was thinking about this aswell do you'll think its even worth following up on this? Owed 350...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I wouldn't have high hopes but it's worth following up with just incase. Since the company still appears to be operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nationmad

only found this thread now, did the order of 400e last week. Got emailed about out of stock stuff and was asked do I accept get it changed, said yes. Did anyone order there lately? Or am I feked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I think you should be good man but I personally, and a lot of people on here won't order again from them out of principle.

They seem to be honouring new orders but I wouldn't wait for an out of stock item to pop up just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nationmad

well hope so, i'll ring them tomorrow to see whats the story. ahhh well.. :) see what happens

Advertisement